ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EEA law
Newly Registered

Refusal of EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by EEA law » Tue May 29, 2012 5:56 pm

I have been Refused on Regulation 7 of EEA Regualtion 2006 and Regulation 12 of immigration EEA Regualtion 2006

Applied from Vienna ( Warsaw )
Rejection because immigration officer thinks i have married for convenience.

I sent my Marriage certificate in URDU and Translation in English with 5 pictures of marriage.

Immigration officer also rasied point that for a period of 1 year i was away from my Austrian spouse so i have provided enough of cummunication of how we kept our relationship

I been living with my wife in austria for 4 months since january.

Advise me on how to appeal or rather i should reapply.
Appeal cost 80 EURO and new application cost nothing but I am not sure if i dont apply for appeal i might have problem with my future applications.

Thanks
Advice

EEA law
Newly Registered

Post by EEA law » Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Please advice

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Please start by reading this very similar thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=104166

EEA law
Newly Registered

Post by EEA law » Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I didnt got the answer. Should i appeal or RE apply ? how much time appeal takes.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Refusal of EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 pm

EEA law wrote: Rejection because immigration officer thinks i have married for convenience.
On what basis did the ECO conclude this?

Are you in Austria now with your spouse?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry, I see that you're in Austria since Jan.

EEA law
Newly Registered

Post by EEA law » Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 pm

yes i am in austria on family permit. My wife is austrian i am from non eu country.

Immigration officer rasied a 3 stupid reasons. All to do with marriage not being genuine.

How to prove the marriage is genuine ? i did send pictures and marriage certificate.

I can Attach Decision over here if anyone is willing to help

Advice.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Actually, the onus is on the ECO to demonstrate that the marriage is one of convenience. That is why I asked what did they say to substantiate their claim.

They can't just say it a marriage of convenience and leave it at that.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 am

EEA law wrote:I completly disagree and reject the notice of immigration decision and Refusal on basis of marriage of convenience accusation. I disagree with the decision by entry clearence officer. I would like to appeal to respected authority to overturn the decision in our favor.

1 In support of my application i did send the orignal urdu and translation in english and german but i have no idea why it is not there. I will now send the copy of orignal marriage certificate with german and english translation.

2 We married in Feburary 2011 and my wife stayed with me from 14 feb till 29 Feb and then she left for austria. We had our relationship on Phone, Emails, Facebook and skype almost everyday. After i gained Family residence to austria i came to vienna on January 2012. We have been co-habitating together for last 4 months. I have sent the pictures of us together. We will now send all the bank statement we have together with the residence documents.

Please be assured that this is pure and geunine marriage and it is therefore not a marriage of convenience. We are so love with each other we live together and we are so happy together.

Me ........ and My wife ...... can be reach on ----
Our address is B............Vienna, Austria.

We had no idea that our marriage will be Question in such a way if we would have been aware we would send whole lot evidence. Now we will send as much evidence we can to prove that this marriage id out of love and not for convenience to enter to united kingdom.

I WILL SEND THIS FOR APPEAL
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If the address you post above is genuine, I would suggest you edit or delete your post to maintain your privacy.

Just click edit and you can do so.
EEA law wrote:Thanks

What you think about appeal
Jambo wrote:Appeals take place in the UK and can take months. Just reapply addressing the issues raised in the refusal letter.
EEA law wrote:How many months it takes ? if i dont appeal it will make me look bad on papers
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 9:11 am

EEA law wrote:I am confused i have sorted all the documents for Appeal on Refusal of EEA family permit.

But now i am getting information that i should re Apply. What if i reapply and they send me a result even though i did send all my documents and evidence.

Appeal or should i reapply. ? how much time it takes for appeal ! its pretty straight forward i am husband of EEA nation
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.