ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 + Sponsoring lisence--please help this is important

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StudentNeedAdvice
Newly Registered

Tier 2 + Sponsoring lisence--please help this is important

Post by StudentNeedAdvice » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Dear All,

I secured a job with a company that doesn't have a sponsoring license. The company is willing to register as a tier 2 sponsor in order to hire me which is good news for me. Initially when the company made the application for the sponsoring license they mentioned in the application that they wanted to sponsor me (in other words, this is [b]a joint application for a Tier 2 sponsoring license and a Tier 2 working visa[/b]). Now the issue is that the UKBA has a massive delay and the Tier 2 sponsoring license may not be ready by the expiry of my visa which is 31st of January. This means that I may be in trouble if my student visa expires before the company gets the permission to sponsor me.

Departing from the fact the company has made a joint application (for Tier 2 sponsoring license and Tier 2 working visa), am I in trouble if nothing of this is ready by end of January? Please I know that I am fine if my Tier 2 application is in process but this case is different as it is a joint application where the company has to get the sponsoring authorisation first. Please advice, what is the risk? The UKBA knows that my name is attached to the sponsoring application form. What is the risk in this situation? Thanks a lot

Please any reply advice is greatly appreciated. I don't know if lawyers read these posts but if they do I am willing to consult with them if necessary.

Thank you very much for advice and help

StudentNeed Help

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi

Alas you have a problem

You can't make a valid Tier 2 visa application without a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)

The employer can not issue a CoS until they have been granted a sponsor license.

If your employer has no license by 31.01.2013, you will probably have to leave the UK.

I hope this helps. workpermit.com can help both the employer with the sponsor license application, and you with your situation.

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com