ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DRF 1 Derivative Residence COA Right to work. Study?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Calyx273
Newly Registered

DRF 1 Derivative Residence COA Right to work. Study?

Post by Calyx273 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 am

Im US citizen, my husband is UK citizen, our 3 year old daughter is both US/ UK. I applied for EEA 2 March 2012 they requested more info in June. I re applied in July 2012 and am still waiting for word. In the meantime my solicitor had me apply for DRF 1, it was sent Monday, January 14, 2013, just a couple days ago. He mentioned it should be returned with a COA soon & I would be able to apply for NIN & work legally. Does the DRF 1 only give me right to work? Can I also study at University? Will my application for EEA 2 continue to be processed? Has anyone gone through this process themselves?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 am

Where is your husband? is he based in the UK?

Does he have any health issue?

Are you the primary carer of this child or does he contribute also?

If you are not, then it is difficult to see how DRF1 will succeed
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Calyx273
Newly Registered

Post by Calyx273 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

My husband is based in UK, but yes, he has very bad health, and I've sent letters from two physicians stating I'm the primary carer and my husband is unable to care for child. My solicitor didn't even put my husband on the application because he doesn't assist in her care.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Calyx273 wrote:My husband is based in UK, but yes, he has very bad health, and I've sent letters from two physicians stating I'm the primary carer and my husband is unable to care for child. My solicitor didn't even put my husband on the application because he doesn't assist in her care.
As you are the main carer for your child and your husband has health problem, maybe the solicitor should have added another Section 3 of the DRF1 form to include your husband as someone you care for, in addition to also caring for your child.

Calyx273
Newly Registered

Post by Calyx273 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Ill put that to the attention of my solicitor, but I'd don't have anything that states I'm his carer, just that he can't care for her because of ill health. Do you know if I can study with DRF 1 or does it only give me rights to work?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Calyx273 wrote:Ill put that to the attention of my solicitor, but I'd don't have anything that states I'm his carer, just that he can't care for her because of ill health. Do you know if I can study with DRF 1 or does it only give me rights to work?
You can't study with it, basically it's just a letter. It allows you to work for only months.

Calyx273
Newly Registered

Post by Calyx273 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok thank you. So they will keep my passport because I have a EEA 2 application pending?