ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR just got refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

t-bag

FLR just got refused

Post by t-bag » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:14 am

Hi, my FLR as a working holiday (given 6months but need more) has just been declined. What do you advise me to do? My lawyers said i should either appeal (which will be expensive and long) or send them a letter to review but in case i send a letter and they say "no", then it's no forever.
Please advise me as i don't know where to put my head

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:56 am

Why were you originally only given entry clearance for 6 months? What country are you from? Most people are given 2 years entry clearance so there must have been a reason why they only gave you 6 months, perhaps this is why they have refused to give you any more.

You have to remember that as far as I know the Home Office is under no obligation to give extensions to working holiday visas, they are very discresionary.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:07 am

Most people are given 2 years entry clearance so there must have been a reason why they only gave you 6 months, perhaps this is why they have refused to give you any more.
Dawie, from what was posted by jes2jes over here it looks like there doesnt have to be a reason why the Working Holidaymaker Visa is granted for 6 months instead of the 2 years, as an entire group in this case was granted entry clearance for just 6 months.
Last edited by Docterror on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabi

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:14 am

I had my 6months over an appeal => i originally applied for 6monthsm been refused and got my appeal. the reason why i wanted to apply for 6 months was that i intended to go back to Ghana but because of the political situation there, i decided to stay a little bit longer. Note : i have 2 refusals and 2 successful appeals (visit+whv)

I doont know what to do as i have 10 days remaining on my clock...

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:15 am

From what I've read on this board and from anecdotal evidence, there seems to be clear bias on the part of the UK government in issuing working holiday visas based on race. White applicants from Australia, Canada, South Africa and New Zealand are routinely granted 2 year working holiday visas, while non-white applicants from India, Pakistan and other predominately non-white Commonwealth nations are routinely denied working holiday visas, or if they are granted, they are only granted for limited durations, typically 6 months.

Being from Ghana, I'm afraid you are probably a victim of this.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

stedman

Post by stedman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Docterror wrote:
Most people are given 2 years entry clearance so there must have been a reason why they only gave you 6 months, perhaps this is why they have refused to give you any more.
Dawie, from what was posted by jes2jes over here it looks like there doesnt have to be a reason why the Working Holidaymaker Visa is granted for 6 months instead of the 2 years, as an entire group in this case was granted entry clearance for just 6 months.
According to jes2jes' post they were all granted 2 year WHMVs with the exception of one...

This is the first time I've heard someone getting 6 months or anything under 2 years, very strange. When I got mine years back everyone I knew got it (i.e. 2 years) at the drop of a hat.

mads

Post by mads » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:16 pm

I only got a 1 year working holiday maker visa when I applied a few years back. I think it is simply discretionary. they just give you what they feel like. Perhaps a pile like 6 months, 12 months, 2 years - eeny meeny miny mo....

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Stedman, we were talking about the Entry Clearance and the Entry Clearance in the case in hand was issued with a validity for 6 months. The 2 years were given as an extension at the Port of Entry.
Jabi