ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit effect on spouse visa to ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abcd123efg
Newly Registered

Re: Housing benefit effect on spouse visa to ILR

Post by abcd123efg » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 pm

abcd123efg wrote:Hi there,

I am a British citizen and have two girls 7 & 4 both are British, my wife was given a spouse visa which expires in March 2013 and applying for ILR.

I have been taking CB, WTC and CTC as well as HB(LHA). i have received a letter from the Inland Revenue stating that my wife's immigration status will not be effected because i am claiming these benefits due to its nature.

I am however confused with regards to LHA (HB) i have informed the Council since day one that my wife can't claim any benefits as she has no recourse to public funds, they have also confirmed me that they have taken a note of this but still i think they are using her name in the calculations, i don't know if this will effect her visa ILR?

Can anyone help on this matter please?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 pm

abcd123efg, I have split your post to here (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abcd123efg
Newly Registered

Post by abcd123efg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Dear Amber,

I have sent a letter to council regarding my wife and also mentioned the case reference but they have refused to accept it and instead asked me to decide if i want to remain on the housing benefit?

What can you advice on this?

amber123
Newly Registered

Housing benefit effect on spouse visa to ILR

Post by amber123 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi, I have a question regarding housing benefits. Basically I am British Citizen and I was working full time earning 18,600 and I was on no benefits and I used to pay my rent to the council. So my husband has recently got his first out 5 years spouse visa, and after a couple of months I left my job because I am pregnant. My husband is working full time as he is allowed to work full time. Now the questions is, regarding on my situation if I apply for housing benefits, will that cause problems in the future for my husbands's visa extention? Am I allowed for any public funds? I do understand my husband is not eligible for any public funds, and our intention was never to go onto public funds, but as for now will I be able to apply for housing benefits or any other public funds for short time, before applying for my husband's extention of spouse visa which is due after two years.

Detailed reply would be appreciated, thank you.

ndtaylor25
Newly Registered

Post by ndtaylor25 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:00 pm

I have the same sort of problem here,
I am married to a naturally born British citizen, and now holding a family visa 10 year route.
I came in UK Jan 2009 on student visa, then get married had spouse visa, but then on our last application for the extension my married visa, we failed to meet the financial requirements that's why I got a 10 year route now.
We have a 2 year old son who's obviously automatically British, now my concern are:

1.) On 2019 (my 10th year) here in UK can I apply already for Indefinite Leave (ILR) bearing in mind since 2019 I never stay here illegally.
2.) And, if my husband (who's natural British) apply for housing benefits etc. will that affect my ILR application?

Thanks guys, hope you can answer me clearly if not please let me know who's best to ask.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:18 pm

ndtaylor25 wrote:I have the same sort of problem here,
I am married to a naturally born British citizen, and now holding a family visa 10 year route.
I came in UK Jan 2009 on student visa, then get married had spouse visa, but then on our last application for the extension my married visa, we failed to meet the financial requirements that's why I got a 10 year route now.
We have a 2 year old son who's obviously automatically British, now my concern are:

1.) On 2019 (my 10th year) here in UK can I apply already for Indefinite Leave (ILR) bearing in mind since 2019 I never stay here illegally.
2.) And, if my husband (who's natural British) apply for housing benefits etc. will that affect my ILR application?

Thanks guys, hope you can answer me clearly if not please let me know who's best to ask.
You have posted in a topic that is 30 months old :!: Amber123 only posted once and hasn't visited the forum since Jun 07, 2014.

You are more likely to get a response if you open your own topic and post your question there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Samir82
Newly Registered

Re: CTC CHB & Housing benefit effect on spouse visa to ILR

Post by Samir82 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 am

Hi everyone, I've been a reader since 2015 but have just signed up as I'm in a bit of a bother.

I'm a British citizen and also have two children aged 8 months and 2 years living in a council house with my spouse.

Her visa extenion is coming up as the 30 months will soon come to an end. I wanted to know whether CHB CTC and housing benefit are considered as yearly income to meet the 18,600 financial requirements for us to get her extension??

Some good advise in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Kind regards.

Casa

Re: CTC CHB & Housing benefit effect on spouse visa to ILR

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:06 am

Samir82 wrote:Hi everyone, I've been a reader since 2015 but have just signed up as I'm in a bit of a bother.

I'm a British citizen and also have two children aged 8 months and 2 years living in a council house with my spouse.

Her visa extenion is coming up as the 30 months will soon come to an end. I wanted to know whether CHB CTC and housing benefit are considered as yearly income to meet the 18,600 financial requirements for us to get her extension??

Some good advise in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Kind regards.
No they are not. Please open you own topic to ask further questions. This thread is several years old :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.