ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we switch from entrepreneur visa to dependant visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dayyurite

Can we switch from entrepreneur visa to dependant visa

Post by Dayyurite » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Me and my wife got our entrepreneur visa separately using the same fund as business partners. We did this because we were unable to depend on each other as PBS visa holders were not allowed to do that in UK before October 2013.

Now I want to depend on my wife as both of can not continue using this entr visa as we are still trying to grow our business and we need a bit of income to support our family outgoing.

We are genuinely doing the business but the income from the business at the moment is not enough to take care of our family.

If one of us can work using dependant visa while we continue to grow business.

Please guru, do you see any problem in this move.

Please advise

vinny

Re: Can we switch from entrepreneur visa to dependant visa

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 am

I think one of you may switch.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:59 pm

yes as Vinny thinks but in my opinion it also has another implication visa was obtained as a team and based up on access to 50,000 25000 by each of you two now one of member breaking away there wont be a team if it did happen where visa(you have) relates to entrepreneurial team.

you should take some professional help on that and speaking Directly to UKVI (because their guidance is not guiding here) wont be a bad idea, plus point that you have is 50,000 that you still have access to

Best of luck
thanks,

Dayyurite

Post by Dayyurite » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks Vinny and Princess of Ammi,

Princess of Ammi, I understand your point. we are still running the business together and still have access to £50,000 investment fund.

We have invested sum amount and have the remaining fund available. if they want to see it.

Do you think they can request for the poof that the money is now sole available to my wife if i switched to dependant.

many thanks

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Nah you need to find out 1st if staying single within team is possible(I am not talking if you could be your wife dependent) where you can stay the same as you are that I doubt you may have to apply to switch within same cat.

I'm sorry for being scary but you need to get more information before you actually leap.

above is just my personal opinion !!!!
thanks,