ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependents

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

ILR for dependents

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 am

Dear Gurus,

If I completed continuous 5 years and my wife completed 4 years + 7 months at the same time, and my son completed 4 years + 3 months at the same time, their visa issue date was after my visa issue date, there was 75 days between us ..Can they apply with me for ILR?

Does HO count their continuous period from their visa issue date or from my visa issue date for ILR ?
If from their visa issue date.. Shall they complete 5 years from that date?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for dependents

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:38 am

No, they must complete the 5 years on their own from the date their visa was issued. You can get your ILR first and they will be able to continue/extend on PBS dependant visa until eligible for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 am

jafersadeq wrote:Does HO count their continuous period from their visa issue date or from my visa issue date for ILR ?
If from their visa issue date.. Shall they complete 5 years from that date?
Thanks
For PBS Dependents, it is counted from the date of dependents ENTRY to the UK.

On what date did they APPLY for the initial entry clearance visa?

What was the visa issued date?

What date did they ENTER the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 am

CR001 wrote: For PBS Dependents, it is counted from the date of dependents ENTRY to the UK.

On what date did they APPLY for the initial entry clearance visa? 14/5/2015

What was the visa issued date? 27/5/2015

What date did they ENTER the UK?
27/6/2016

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 am

Sorry, the last date is 27/6/2015 NOT 2016

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 pm

They will qualify for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before 7th June 2020.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:00 pm

I think they can apply on 30.04.2020?
Considering the visa issue date and entrance date gap as continuous period (as per new updated guidance that period will count) and 28 says earlier than full 5 years.

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:20 am

zimba88 wrote:No, they must complete the 5 years on their own from the date their visa was issued. You can get your ILR first and they will be able to continue/extend on PBS dependant visa until eligible for ILR.

I have few question if you can please explain it to me.. Thanks

1. What if child was born in UK and first visa was applied when child was 2 years old. Do they still have to complete 5 Years?

2. Spouse has 4 month gap to 5 years than me, what duration of Visa they should apply as dependent? Is it on HO officier or they get standard 3 or 2 year extension?

3. Would they have to apply at same time for extension as my ILR as their visas are expiring on same dates.

4. If another child born in UK and never applied for visa. Do they must apply for visa while I am applying for my ILR and other dependents extensions (P.S. They have no plans to travel outside UK).

5. If spouse also secure ILR after completing their 5 years period, would not be children applicable for citizenship directly?

Let me know if you can explain these questions, so we can be better prepare before that.. :)

@CR001 your comments would be much appreciated as well. Thanks

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:58 am

vfinancials, (12): To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, please continue in existing topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 am

vinny wrote:vfinancials, (12): To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, please continue in existing topic.

Hi, The topic you are referring to is related to initial entry clearance..

The questions I asked above are solely relevant to the topic of this thread, ILR for Dependent..

I hope I have not violated any policy.. t161152 is not relevant to questions I asked above. Thanks

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 am

As far as I know the Children born in Uk will apply for settlement when one of the parent gets ILR so at the point of your ILR you can apply for their settlement(Your Visa will be processed first and if successful than they will look into your dependents application as per Home Office Worker Guidance)

Your Wife needs to apply as your dependent again and I guess that will be for a period of 3 year(I guess not sure)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:As far as I know the Children born in Uk will apply for settlement when one of the parent gets ILR so at the point of your ILR you can apply for their settlement(Your Visa will be processed first and if successful than they will look into your dependents application as per Home Office Worker Guidance)

Your Wife needs to apply as your dependent again and I guess that will be for a period of 3 year(I guess not sure)
The child will usually follow the same route as the wife and require an extension.

If child is UK born, child can apply for citizenship once either parent is granted ILR. The child does not require ILR to register as BC if UK born and does not require valid leave either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:43 am

CR001 wrote: The child will usually follow the same route as the wife and require an extension.

If child is UK born, child can apply for citizenship once either parent is granted ILR. The child does not require ILR to register as BC if UK born and does not require valid leave either.

Thanks..

One more question..

If child is UK born.. And at time of my extension, I get their BPR as well. While I am applying my ILR, their extension is expired as well.

So should I apply for Settlement or IRL for them along with my application? Or should wait for my ILR to come through and directly apply for BC? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:20 am

vfinancials wrote:
CR001 wrote: The child will usually follow the same route as the wife and require an extension.

Thanks..

One more question..

If child is UK born.. And at time of my extension, I get their BPR as well. While I am applying my ILR, their extension is expired as well.

So should I apply for Settlement or IRL for them along with my application? Or should wait for my ILR to come through and directly apply for BC? Thanks
A UK born child DOES NOT need ILR if you are planning to register them as British nor do they require valid leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 pm

So lets assume the Main Applicant is applying ILR and wife has completed 5 years as dependant as well and all children are UK born then what will be the scenario.

1-The wife can also apply for ILR at the same time
2-The children can also apply for ILR as dependents ILR applicaiton will be dealt after the main applicants decision.
Or the children will apply as ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:51 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:So lets assume the Main Applicant is applying ILR and wife has completed 5 years as dependant as well and all children are UK born then what will be the scenario.

1-The wife can also apply for ILR at the same time Yes
2-The children can also apply for ILR as dependents ILR applicaiton will be dealt after the main applicants decision. They can if they wish the children to have ILR
Or the children will apply as ? Skip ILR and save the fees and apply to register the UK born children as British.
What in my posts so far on this, stating a UK born child DOES NOT require ILR to register as BC, is not clear :?: :?:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vfinancials

Post by vfinancials » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 pm

CR001 wrote:They can if they wish the children to have ILR[/color]
Or the children will apply as ? Skip ILR and save the fees and apply to register the UK born children as British.
So I have a little confusion here..

Child is UK Born. But they were granted Leave to remain as it was required to travel outside UK.
As they have now BPR, they still can skip ILR/Extension and directly to register as BC?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:39 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Thanks all for valuable inputs.I m clear sir