ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Company after Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Satinder25

New Company after Extension

Post by Satinder25 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Gurus,

Just need to check if I can open a new business in my own name while continuing with the current one (Along with Partner). I already got my Tier1E extension and will apply ILR in mid-2018.
In addition also, is there any rules or regulations I need to follow while applying the for ILR (10yrs route) i.e. creating more jobs or showing more investment etc for my individual new company.

Moderators/Zimba, please advise me if i am allowed to have query in this new thread or you can divert me to the similar ones.

Any Help will be appreciated.
Passion

zimba
Mood:

Re: New Company after Extension

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Just need to check if I can open a new business in my own name while continuing with the current one (Along with Partner). I already got my Tier1E extension and will apply ILR in mid-2018.
Yes, no problem
In addition also, is there any rules or regulations I need to follow while applying the for ILR (10yrs route) i.e. creating more jobs or showing more investment etc for my individual new company.
The 10 year ILR is based on private life in the UK when you spent 10 years of legal stay on ANY route, so you do not need to create jobs to apply for that.
However Tier 1E requirements need to be met if you apply via the normal 5 year settlement route.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Thanks Zimba,

I am just thinking in the worst case they abolish 10 yr rule and i am only able to apply through 5 year route. The business I might set up is above level 4 and will definitely continue the current partnership business as that is a different filed compared to this.

In this case, do I need to give any accounts for my individual business if required on 5year route?

(additional info- my business partners ILR due feb 2017)

thanks
Passion

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:17 pm

I am just thinking in the worst case they abolish 10 yr rule and i am only able to apply through 5 year route. The business I might set up is above level 4 and will definitely continue the current partnership business as that is a different filed compared to this.
There is no evidence that 10 year route is going to be abolished.
In this case, do I need to give any accounts for my individual business if required on 5year route?
Under 5 year settlement route, you do NOT need to prove your investments again. Just the job creation evidence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Thanks Zimba
Passion

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Satinder25 wrote:Hi Gurus,

Moderators/Zimba, please advise me if i am allowed to have query in this new thread or you can divert me to the similar ones.

Any Help will be appreciated.
You can be a director of as many companies as you can , no restrictions !

There is no specific requirement for 10 yrs ILR except life in UK test and 10 years legal stay , but I strongly advise you keep fulfilling T1 extension requirement of 2 Job as a Plan B just in case if you encounter any issues in 10 Yrs route.

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 am

Thanks Ams2013,

No doubt I will continue to the good run of my current business. My original question however was that if I ever I need to apply 5 yrs route. Do I need to show any documentation of my EXTRA BUSINESS ALONG WITH MY CURRENT BUSINESS?
Passion

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 am

Satinder25 wrote:Thanks Ams2013,

No doubt I will continue to the good run of my current business. My original question however was that if I ever I need to apply 5 yrs route. Do I need to show any documentation of my EXTRA BUSINESS ALONG WITH MY CURRENT BUSINESS?
No. One business is enough to score points

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:05 am

Thanks Zimba and Ams

That clears all my doubts
Passion

Ams2013

Post by Ams2013 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Satinder25 wrote:Thanks Zimba and Ams

That clears all my doubts
No problem Satinder,

I have a query regarding your extension application , as it is not part of this topic hence i have inboxed you if you could check your inbox.