ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Tier 1 extension or ILR -- Pls advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

everfor

Dependent Tier 1 extension or ILR -- Pls advise

Post by everfor » Tue May 19, 2015 4:59 pm

My wife initial Tier 1 Dependent visa issued on oct 2012
Got Extended on Sep 2013 at time of my ILR has been granted.
Get expiring on Sep 2015. 6 months ago i have convert my ILR to British citizen.

Can my wife eligible for Dependent ILR for this time or should i go tier 1 Dependent extension again?
Any difference to my wife visa status being a British citizen?

Appreciate your inputs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Tier 1 extension or ILR -- Pls advise

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:04 pm

She needs 5 years residence at Tier 1 dependent to qualify for ILR. A PBS Dep extension application should be given for 2 years so that she meets the requirement for ILR.

I suspect that if she switches to FLR(M), she might have to wait a further 5 years in this category (2 x 2.5 years) because her current visa was granted after the rule changes in July 2012 and would mean that the time already spent in the UK cannot be counted towards the new 5 year period if she switches.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.