ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Visa Extension from within UK.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stealth_vijay
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent Visa Extension from within UK.

Post by stealth_vijay » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Dear Experts,

A week ago I got my ILR visa. My wife came to UK 2 months ago from India on Tier-1 General Dependent Visa.Her visa is now about to expire and i have only few days to apply for her extension. I have few questions here if you can please help:

Q1. Since she has come to the country we have not yet got her bank account opened. So is it possible to show my (main applicant's) bank statements for last 3 months ?

Q2. Should bank statements be 3 or 12 months?

Q3. Does her application, now ( Since April 2016) requires any english language requirements in it ? When she first got her Dependent visa from india there was no such requirement.

Q4. Co-habitation proof: What proof can i show here? I only have one utility bill on both of our names. (she does not have bank statement, she is not on council tax bill yet, she just got registered to the local GP ).

Q5. Please can you give me the list of documents i need to provide for her application.

This is the first time i am applying for a visa myself so your help will be really appreciated.

Many thanks.
Vijay

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Re: PBS Dependent Visa Extension from within UK.

Post by jayacpr » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:17 am

stealth_vijay wrote:Dear Experts,

A week ago I got my ILR visa. My wife came to UK 2 months ago from India on Tier-1 General Dependent Visa.Her visa is now about to expire and i have only few days to apply for her extension. I have few questions here if you can please help:

Q1. Since she has come to the country we have not yet got her bank account opened. So is it possible to show my (main applicant's) bank statements for last 3 months ?

Q2. Should bank statements be 3 or 12 months?

Q3. Does her application, now ( Since April 2016) requires any english language requirements in it ? When she first got her Dependent visa from india there was no such requirement.

Q4. Co-habitation proof: What proof can i show here? I only have one utility bill on both of our names. (she does not have bank statement, she is not on council tax bill yet, she just got registered to the local GP ).

Q5. Please can you give me the list of documents i need to provide for her application.

This is the first time i am applying for a visa myself so your help will be really appreciated.

Many thanks.
Vijay
hi vijay
i can answer what i have done .

A1: yes you can show your bank account.

A2: its 3 months for maintenance.

A3: check the pbs calculator if she can get points for her degree.(as far as i know)

A4 : show that utility bill , marriage certificate .

A5 : list off docs is every where in this forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:45 pm

jayacpr wrote:A3: check the pbs calculator if she can get points for her degree.(as far as i know)
PBS calculator is no longer accepted for meeting the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Q3. Have you made an effort to read the PBS dependant policy guidance? If not yet, please do.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

stealth_vijay
Newly Registered

Post by stealth_vijay » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi Geriatrix,
Thanks.
I did read Paragraph 1a & 1b of Appendix C & Appendix E. But am really confused with English language section of policy guidance. It doesn't speak anything about the Tier-1 dependents.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... h-language

So what do i need to provide for her English language requirement ?

1. She has IELTS A1 Level certificate and has studied from English school whilst in India. Is A1 level certificate acceptable or she needs something else too Or nothing is needed for this?

2. Can you also please provide link for premium service appointment for application within UK for Tier 1 dependent.

Thanks
Vijay
Last edited by stealth_vijay on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Vijay,

If your wife is going to extend PBS visa then you do not need any English Qualification. Please read PBS dependent policy guidance as geriatrix has already advised.

Or else check this link

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

and scroll it down till you reach to this section

Dependants applying in the UK on their own

Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK. Dependants can:

apply online - dependant partner application
apply online - dependant child application
download the paper form
apply in person for the premium service

You must use the paper form if you’re applying as a family group at the same time or using the premium service.

I hope this will help.

stealth_vijay
Newly Registered

Post by stealth_vijay » Thu May 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Thank you dng_131,

Can you also please mention the list of documents that need to be submitted:
I have this list below. Please can you verify:
---------------------------
1. Tier 1 (G) dependent visa application form
2. 3 months maintenance bank statement (£630), because I'm living in UK since 2008.
3. Wife's passport
4. marriage certificate
5. my passport and ILR visa copies
6. Utility bill with both our names on it,
7. council tax bill with both our names on it,
8. Tenancy Agreement
9. Letter from local GP mentioning our house address and saying that we both are registered with them.
10. wife's 2 photographs
-----------------------------

@CR001 / DNG_131
Do I also need to submit my (main applicant's ) payslips ? in addition to my bank statements ?
I ask because i am a business and draw a very less salary. If yes then will i have to take a printout of salary slips and get them stamped by my accountant (i don't have original salary slips).

Do i also have to then submit my dividend vouchers and summary of invoices ?

Please guide. Little urgent now as my date is coming close.

Many Thanks
Vijay

stealth_vijay
Newly Registered

Urgent: Tier 1 Dependent Visa Extension Latest Documents

Post by stealth_vijay » Fri May 06, 2016 10:42 am

Hello,
I recently got my ILR, 2 weeks ago. My wife has been in the country only since 2 months. We don't have her bank account yet, so i will be using my bank statements to show maintenance funds.

Can someone please mention the latest list of documents that need to be submitted for Tier-1 Dependent visa Extension application for my Wife.

I have this list below. Please can someone verify and answer my questions below:
---------------------------
1. Tier 1 (G) dependent visa application form,
2. 3 months maintenance bank statement of the Main Applicant (showing £630), because Main applicant is living in the UK since 2008,
3. Wife's passport ,
4. marriage certificate,
5. Main applicant's passport and ILR visa copies,
6. Utility bill with both our names on it,
7. council tax bill with both our names on it,
8. Tenancy Agreement with both our names on it,
9. Letter from local GP mentioning our house address and saying that we both are registered with them.
10. wife's 2 photographs
11. IELTS Level A1 certificate given to my wife.
-----------------------------

@Questions:
Q1. Do I also need to submit my (main applicant's ) payslips ? in addition to my bank statements ? (I ask
because my wife, the dependent does not have bank account in the UK yet, so do they want to check if
we are financially stable? ).
Also I ask because i am a business and draw a very less salary.
Q2. If yes to Question 1, then will i have to take a printout of salary slips and get them stamped by my accountant (i don't have original salary slips). Or will copies of payslips without accountant stamp are still fine?

Q3. Do i also have to then submit my dividend vouchers and summary of invoices ?

Please guide. Little urgent now as my date is coming close.

Many Thanks
Vijay

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Vijay,

To be honest if you are applying for your wife's PBS dependent extension then you do not need all this document. But nothing harm to sending all this documents. If you are making an online application then all they ask is Bank statement for the last 90 days which shows she has enough fund.

Now in your case she has not got a bank acc yet. So I would suggest to put your bank statements and payslips (Last 6 months would be sufficient)

Check below, Yes means please send this documents. (ONLY IF YOU ARE MAKING AN ONLINE APPLICATION)

1. Tier 1 (G) dependent visa application form - Yes
2. 3 months maintenance bank statement (£630), because I'm living in UK since 2008. - Yes
3. Wife's passport - Yes
4. marriage certificate - Yes
5. my passport and ILR visa copies - Guidelines does not ask for it, but you can add it
6. Utility bill with both our names on it - Yes, this will prove that you are staying together.
7. council tax bill with both our names on it - Yes, this will prove that you are staying together.
8. Tenancy Agreement - Yes, this will prove that you are staying together (IF Tenancy agreement has got both of your names)
9. Letter from local GP mentioning our house address and saying that we both are registered with them. - Yes, this will prove that you are staying together.
10. wife's 2 photographs - Yes.

I hope this will help. Please let me/us know if you need any extra help.

stealth_vijay
Newly Registered

Post by stealth_vijay » Fri May 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks DNG_131
Now in your case she has not got a bank acc yet. So I would suggest to put your bank statements and payslips (Last 6 months would be sufficient)
Q1. have salary slips in PDF format. So do they accept salary slip copies or do they need copies to be stamped by an accountant?

Q2. Because I take very low salary for e.g £800 a month and my house rent is £1300 a month, therefore they might think I don't have sufficient funds to maintain my family. So do I then need to show them my dividend vouchers ( main source of income) , invoices etc.

Please can you guide on this ? Little urgent.

stealth_vijay
Newly Registered

Post by stealth_vijay » Fri May 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Sorry to add to above, I wanted to mention that I have made an online application for in person appointment at Croydon centre.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm

stealth_vijay wrote:Thanks DNG_131
Q1. have salary slips in PDF format. So do they accept salary slip copies or do they need copies to be stamped by an accountant? - You will need provide original payslips. PDF copies will not be accepted. Ask you r employer to write a letter to verify your salary.

Q2. Because I take very low salary for e.g £800 a month and my house rent is £1300 a month, therefore they might think I don't have sufficient funds to maintain my family. So do I then need to show them my dividend vouchers ( main source of income) , invoices etc. - Yes please show them the vouchers too. Because its a simple maths. 800 income and 1300 rent then no one can survive with the deficit of 500.

Please can you guide on this ? Little urgent.