ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA are deliberate in rejecting visas

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

finnmark
Newly Registered

UKBA are deliberate in rejecting visas

Post by finnmark » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Today we had a rejection for a visitor visa. The reason for rejection is that my fiancée was to attend a charity event with me to raise £10,000.
According to the stupid idiots in Moscow, this is UNPAID work and therefore a visitor visa cannot be issued because she is working illegally, albeit without pay.
This is either political , stupidity or both.

Time to leave this country with my taxes and jobs

mr_mar

Re: UKBA are deliberate in rejecting visas

Post by mr_mar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:25 am

I think this is the aim, that you leave the country to help with the statistics :)

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Since nobody else has posted it yet, I'm guessing you applied for a general visitor's visa. In which case their decision was correct. Here is the appropriate visa for someone coming to the UK for charity work.

finnmark
Newly Registered

Post by finnmark » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi

The Charity visa is for a registered Charity.
My event is a works function where we are riding a bike for 24 hours and at the same time having sponsors visit us. Its a one night thing where wives and girlfriends/husbands are just helping out making coffee and keeping us alive.
I was clearly told it was not a charity visa event.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:39 am

You should not have mentioned the event then as it appears to the ECO as a charity event. Visitors are not allowed to do any form of work, paid, unpaid or volunteer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 am

Hi,

My mother's visa was rejected twice, simply because she don't have any financial (monthly Income) and family tiups in India to show them that she will not go back.

We have shown a notary of properties and bank balance with her name but they are not proving any monthly income so they rejected her visa.

Anyone who faced similar issue, please share.

Thanks,
Sri.