ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for naturalization on hold because of TOIEC-Help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London20

Application for naturalization on hold because of TOIEC-Help

Post by London20 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Hello All
I have applied for my naturalization on 27/5/2014, still waiting for decision to be cleared as at 30/12/2014. I have been in UK as a overseas student since 2002. During extension of my visa in March 2012 my application was supported by TOIEC and ESOL.
I also used those certificates for my ILR application. My naturalization was supported only by ESOL because TOIEC got expired after 2 years. Now I came to know that TOIEC under investigation by HO since June 2014 onward. So far I have not received anything from HO apart from acknowledgment letter.
I would be very grateful if someone reply me who has the same experience.
Thanks

P.S. The exam TOIEC taken December 2011 expired December 2013

London20

Re: Application for naturalization on hold because of TOIEC-

Post by London20 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Can anyone please advice.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:04 pm

ILR & naturalization applications normally take not less than 6 months, give it another few weeks before taking any stress, I would suggest. As far as TOIEC is concerned, you should only worry if you have not achieved the certificate by proper means however, If they do raise an objection on your TOIEC result, then you should get your self ready for a legal battle as it would be upto yourself to prove that you took the test properly etc.

Best of luck.

London20

Post by London20 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:25 pm

bruteforce wrote:ILR & naturalization applications normally take not less than 6 months, give it another few weeks before taking any stress, I would suggest. As far as TOIEC is concerned, you should only worry if you have not achieved the certificate by proper means however, If they do raise an objection on your TOIEC result, then you should get your self ready for a legal battle as it would be upto yourself to prove that you took the test properly etc.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your reply.I know i have done genuinely.I have contacted ETS, and I've asked for duplicate of my exam results, specially speaking part.I have been told that, they can not issue the duplicate copy as my certificate has expired in December 2013, they don't keep any records after the certificate expires.
The last question, how can they proof,or I can proof it that the certificate was(was not) proxy if there is not any evidence kept?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:00 pm

London20 wrote:
bruteforce wrote:ILR & naturalization applications normally take not less than 6 months, give it another few weeks before taking any stress, I would suggest. As far as TOIEC is concerned, you should only worry if you have not achieved the certificate by proper means however, If they do raise an objection on your TOIEC result, then you should get your self ready for a legal battle as it would be upto yourself to prove that you took the test properly etc.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your reply.I know i have done genuinely.I have contacted ETS, and I've asked for duplicate of my exam results, specially speaking part.I have been told that, they can not issue the duplicate copy as my certificate has expired in December 2013, they don't keep any records after the certificate expires.
The last question, how can they proof,or I can proof it that the certificate was(was not) proxy if there is not any evidence kept?
The evidence is there, and if your involved or your voice is recognised then you will be contacted, otherwise you need not worry.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ali1100
Newly Registered

Post by ali1100 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:19 pm

London20 wrote:Hello All
I have applied for my naturalization on 27/5/2014, still waiting for decision to be cleared as at 30/12/2014. I have been in UK as a overseas student since 2002. During extension of my visa in March 2012 my application was supported by TOIEC and ESOL.
I also used those certificates for my ILR application. My naturalization was supported only by ESOL because TOIEC got expired after 2 years. Now I came to know that TOIEC under investigation by HO since June 2014 onward. So far I have not received anything from HO apart from acknowledgment letter.
I would be very grateful if someone reply me who has the same experience.
Thanks

P.S. The exam TOIEC taken December 2011 expired December 2013
hi i want to apply for my naturalization as well , please can you contact with me here.

London20

Post by London20 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Obie wrote:
London20 wrote:

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your reply.I know i have done genuinely.I have contacted ETS, and I've asked fo
r duplicate of my exam results, specially speaking part.I have been told that, they can not issue the duplicate co
py as my certificate has expired in December 2013
, they don't keep any records after the certificate e
xpires.

Hi.Obie
Last month I received the letter from HO saying that they can't process all applications within 6 months. following recent clarification of the nationality rules greater levels of scrunity will be applied to certain applications. your case has been identified as such a case.they need extra time saying that they expect to make a decision within the next 3-6 month. but they haven't mention toeic.I do not know what do do.Obie,can I send them my old ielts or do New one?thanks

epa123
Newly Registered

Post by epa123 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:17 pm

It takes ages mine took almost 8months (few years ago) + if you applied through NCS you will have your existing passport to travel/work around. In-terms of ETS you will only have issue if you studied in few well known doggy schools. apparently some schools didn't have any genuine test at all, all answer read out or some one else done the test etc etc. If you done ETS on reputable school you should be fine (don't quote me on this I'm going by what I heard. )