ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Switch to Tier 4 Urgent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msy_murad
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Switch to Tier 4 Urgent

Post by msy_murad » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Guys,

I was a master's MSC student when I first entered UK, then PSW and now on a tier 2 general visa.

I am planning to study MBA now for my further studies , I just wanted to confirm if I can switch into Tier 4 now from Tier 2 General or is there any restrictions ?

Would also help if you can suggest me any other course if this switch isn't acceptable for CAS

Thanks in advance.

Saeed

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Switch to Tier 4 Urgent

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:31 am

You can switch to tier 4, the rules allow for that BUT you will probably struggle to get a CAS to do an MBA.

You have a Masters already, so you will be up against the progression question. MBA's are considered low end qualifications because they have been so debased by the abuses of the past that centred around MBA's and the number of bogus colleges and lazy Uni's that handed them out like sweets.

It is not impossible to get a CAS but expect it to be an up hill struggle to get a visa. You will certainly be interviewed and questioned about your retrograde step back to a same level degree.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:48 am

Can you wait until after getting ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:52 am

Why not do it part-time along side your full-time work under Tier 2?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

msy_murad
Newly Registered

Post by msy_murad » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:You can switch to tier 4, the rules allow for that BUT you will probably struggle to get a CAS to do an MBA.

You have a Masters already, so you will be up against the progression question. MBA's are considered low end qualifications because they have been so debased by the abuses of the past that centred around MBA's and the number of bogus colleges and lazy Uni's that handed them out like sweets.

It is not impossible to get a CAS but expect it to be an up hill struggle to get a visa. You will certainly be interviewed and questioned about your retrograde step back to a same level degree.
Hello.

Thanks for your post ,
could you possibly suggest any other course. I am in a situation here where I cant apply for ILR for another year. I might be intrested in PHD however its not straight forward to get admission

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:48 am

Why are you so keen to switch to tier 4 when you are currently on tier 2?

My advice is stay on tier 2 till you apply for ILR, it is a safer bet, you continue to earn, you can study any course you want after ILR.

As for recommending courses if trying the tier 4 route. You have to find a university willing to grant you a CAS for whatever course you are interested in. There is no magic course that is the gateway to a tier 4 visa in your circumstances. The Universities are very wary of returning students with your immigration history and are well aware of the reasons some individuals are returning to study. They will not issue a CAS if they believe that there is the slightest possibility you are not a full on genuine student because if UKVI refuse your visa the consequences for their Sponsor licence is pretty dire.

msy_murad
Newly Registered

Post by msy_murad » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:57 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Why are you so keen to switch to tier 4 when you are currently on tier 2?

My advice is stay on tier 2 till you apply for ILR, it is a safer bet, you continue to earn, you can study any course you want after ILR.

As for recommending courses if trying the tier 4 route. You have to find a university willing to grant you a CAS for whatever course you are interested in. There is no magic course that is the gateway to a tier 4 visa in your circumstances. The Universities are very wary of returning students with your immigration history and are well aware of the reasons some individuals are returning to study. They will not issue a CAS if they believe that there is the slightest possibility you are not a full on genuine student because if UKVI refuse your visa the consequences for their Sponsor licence is pretty dire.
My employer is not willing to match the salary requirement for extension. this leaves me no option other then to move to another category.
for me the best option is to be a genuine student and make progress for my future prospects

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 am

Your circumstance is becoming more and more common.

I am afraid you are highly unlikely to be entertained by any University. You fit the exact profile for then not to consider you as a genuine student. I also doubt very much you would survive the visa application if you mange to get a CAS.

You have been away from study for 5 year? Things have become 100 times tighter in that period and the genuine test for students, the massive reduction in acceptable refusal rates, the revocation of 100's of college licences, a couple of Uni's being revoked, Unis being suspended etc etc. It is a totally different prospect getting a CAS now.

I personally believe you will not get a CAS but you could get lucky.... Getting past the visa application process if you get a CAS.... Less than 50% chance. All very negative I know but manage your expectations and if you make it, well done.

You are better off trying to find another tier 2 sponsor.

Good luck going forward.

msy_murad
Newly Registered

Post by msy_murad » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Your circumstance is becoming more and more common.

I am afraid you are highly unlikely to be entertained by any University. You fit the exact profile for then not to consider you as a genuine student. I also doubt very much you would survive the visa application if you mange to get a CAS.

You have been away from study for 5 year? Things have become 100 times tighter in that period and the genuine test for students, the massive reduction in acceptable refusal rates, the revocation of 100's of college licences, a couple of Uni's being revoked, Unis being suspended etc etc. It is a totally different prospect getting a CAS now.

I personally believe you will not get a CAS but you could get lucky.... Getting past the visa application process if you get a CAS.... Less than 50% chance. All very negative I know but manage your expectations and if you make it, well done.

Thanks really appreciate your comments,

You are better off trying to find another tier 2 sponsor.

Good luck going forward.