ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 GENERAL STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA QUERY URGENT!!!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

TIER 4 GENERAL STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA QUERY URGENT!!!!!

Post by parinita_kothari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 am

I am residing and working in India and my husband is studying in UK.
I am looking forward to apply for a dependant visa. My ,main concern is that i am employed and working IBM is it mandatory that i need to leave my job for applying for the visa?

I wish to do it the other way round ie not quit my job unless i get my visa. please let me know if i can apply for my visa while i am still employed and very much work for a company in india!!!

Quick response will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pari.

Re: TIER 4 GENERAL STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA QUERY URGENT!!!!!

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 am

parinita_kothari wrote:I am residing and working in India and my husband is studying in UK.
I am looking forward to apply for a dependant visa. My ,main concern is that i am employed and working IBM is it mandatory that i need to leave my job for applying for the visa?

I wish to do it the other way round ie not quit my job unless i get my visa. please let me know if i can apply for my visa while i am still employed and very much work for a company in india!!!

Thanks,
Pari.
1. NO.

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Post by parinita_kothari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 am

So do i need to quit my job for that?
But my company can deploy me in some UK based project which i can work on while staying in UK. so why is it mandatory to quit the job?

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 4 GENERAL STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA QUERY URGENT!!!!!

Post by parinita_kothari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 pm

2012 wrote:
parinita_kothari wrote:I am residing and working in India and my husband is studying in UK.

Thanks,
Pari.
1. NO.

So do i need to quit my job for that?
But my company can deploy me in some UK based project which i can work on while staying in UK. so why is it mandatory to quit the job?

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:16 pm

parinita_kothari wrote:So do i need to quit my job for that?
1. U said "Do i need to quit my job" my answer was "No".

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:27 pm

You don't need to quit your job but is your husband studying in a category and with a sponsor that permits dependants to accompany the PBS migrant?

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Post by parinita_kothari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You don't need to quit your job but is your husband studying in a category and with a sponsor that permits dependants to accompany the PBS migrant?
Yes he is and his course is for a duration of 12 months.

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Post by parinita_kothari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You don't need to quit your job but is your husband studying in a category and with a sponsor that permits dependants to accompany the PBS migrant?
My counselor told me that if i am employed i will have to provide supporting documents like resignation letter or leave letter from the company. otherwise they won't issue me a dependant visa.

But I am not sure how long will my visa process take and I don't want to take any decision with my job before i have my visa in hand. Please suggest what can be done.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Your so-called counselor is completely wrong so ignore his advice and find another adviser.

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm

1. Completely agree.

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Student Dependant Visa

Post by parinita_kothari » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:59 pm

My husband is studying a masters in Birmingham but we are showing London as my residential proof to the visa office. Do you think this is a major problem ? to support the residence proof, I have a letter from the owner of the house & my husbands bank statements billing to the London address as he had been staying there previously for 5 years.
Also is there a rule to submit an environmental officers note along with the accommodation proof substantiating that the house is in a liveable condition?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 pm

there is no requirement to chose any proof of accomodation.

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Post by parinita_kothari » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:09 am

Greenie wrote:there is no requirement to chose any proof of accomodation.
But wouldn't the Border agency want to verify if we would be staying together or not? wouldn't they also want to ensure that I will staying and sponsored by my husband?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 pm

parinita_kothari wrote:My husband is studying a masters in Birmingham but we are showing London as my residential proof to the visa office. Do you think this is a major problem ? to support the residence proof, I have a letter from the owner of the house & my husbands bank statements billing to the London address as he had been staying there previously for 5 years.
Also is there a rule to submit an environmental officers note along with the accommodation proof substantiating that the house is in a liveable condition?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 pm

You should submit documents which is required by law according to the application as per current circumstances.

parinita_kothari
Newly Registered

Post by parinita_kothari » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Deviser wrote:You should submit documents which is required by law according to the application as per current circumstances.
Well that's what i intend to find out if its within the legal purview to submit my residential proof as London if my husband is based out of a university in Birmingham but showing that he is living in London.
Could you also advice what other documents are required apart from a letter from the landlord stating that we would be allowed to stay in the property (including the rent, and duration of the agreement)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Where in the guidance does it state that you need to provide any evidence or information about accommodation? It doesn't. You don't need to provide anything from the landlord.