ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About BRP and registration with the police?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

addmoresalt
Newly Registered

About BRP and registration with the police?

Post by addmoresalt » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:15 am

Hi,

This is my first time to the UK and have a very simple question, hope you don't mind :)

I have a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) Visa for less than 6 months, and I haven't got any information about BRP or registration with the police. When I entered the UK the custom stamp didn't mention anything about these as well.(Just the immigration officer number and date)

So I guess I get the correct custom stamp and I don't need a BRP and don't have to register with the police. Is this correct? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: About BRP and registration with the police?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:26 am

Your visa in your passport is the validity of your stay. Visas for 6 months or less do not get BRPs.

Any letter you got with your visa would have said if you need to register with the police.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.