ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

contemplating on moving to us

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kantave
Newly Registered

contemplating on moving to us

Post by kantave » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi all,
My couple of stints in USA were not successful.once I went there as student when Enron had hit the markets very hard and in another instance it was the Lehman brothers and Freddie Mac.I am here in the UKat the moment contemplating on going again.my situations have changed since then with two kids in my kitty and more responsibility.is it a good idea to make a living with two kids.I have some USA experience in a very stable and a masters degree.

Will it be a good step financially and socially.I know it is a difficult answer but has anyone been there and done that.

Thanks

kantave
Newly Registered

Re: contemplating on moving to us

Post by kantave » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 pm

kantave wrote:Hi all,
My couple of stints in USA were not successful.once I went there as student when Enron had hit the markets very hard and in another instance it was the Lehman brothers and Freddie Mac.I am here in the UKat the moment contemplating on going again.my situations have changed since then with two kids in my kitty and more responsibility.is it a good idea to make a living with two kids.I have some USA experience in a very stable and a masters degree.

Will it be a good step financially and socially.I know it is a difficult answer but has anyone been there and done that.

Thanks
Forgot to mention, I have four and half years more left on my previous h1.I can use my UN, utilized h1.and I need to find an employer to file my h1.

VR

You stand a very good chance

Post by VR » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:41 am

Kantave,

US has been a land of opportunity and it will always be. You are not alone in experience aftershocks that often hit the US market. Many a promising career was laid to bed in the aftermath of 9/11.

The good thing is You have a H1b already and if you look around I am sure you will find companies who will be able to initiate the process. There are many on linkedin and this year because of the lottery the demand and supply situation is in your favor. It is important for you to look at the right guys to re-launch yourself.
Good Luck
vr