ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need HM Passport Office certified copy of UK passport inUK

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mark61
Newly Registered

Need HM Passport Office certified copy of UK passport inUK

Post by Mark61 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:34 am

Hello,

The IRS declined our UK passport copy certified by a IRS official obtained at the London IRS office! The IRS returned our ITIN application to us and specified we need a copy certified by the granting passport agency.

That agency in the UK is HM Passport Office. How do we obtain a certified copy of my wife's passport from the HM Passport Office. A web search produced no results except for UK expats in the USA and Thailand. But, we are in the UK.

Please let me know if you know how or where I can read about how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Mark

vinny

Re: Need HM Passport Office certified copy of UK passport in

Post by vinny » Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 am

Obtaining an ITIN from Abroad wrote:The Instructions for Form W-7 list 13 documents that can be used to prove foreign status and identity. A foreign passport is the only one that can stand alone (i.e., establishes both foreign status and identity). If a passport is submitted, there is no need to submit any other documents. If a passport is not submitted, a combination of at least two other documents, with at least one containing a photograph, must be submitted with the ITIN application. The IRS will accept copies of original documents, if the copies have been properly certified by:
the government agency (foreign or domestic) which issued the documents, or
employees of the U.S. State Department located in U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Need HM Passport Office certified copy of UK passport in

Post by vinny » Thu May 28, 2015 1:00 am

Try contacting
Reproduction of the British passport wrote:Her Majesty’s Passport Office
2 Marsham Street London SW1P 4DF
email: mpenquiries@hmpo.gsi.gov.uk
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.