ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL FOR MARRIAGE takes agezzz

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pathaniprincess
BANNED

CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL FOR MARRIAGE takes agezzz

Post by pathaniprincess » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi there everyone.
I am a British citisen and my partner is a failed somali assylum.

Me and my partner have applied for COA-Marriage in OCT 2005 and we still havent recieved an answer from the home office. :?
We have wrote letters to them, faxed them, complained to them and recently to other people like the Prime minister, Home secretery, Ombudsley and our local PM But still they are SO ignorant! :shock:

However, yesterday we got a questionnaire from them to write our own affidative and to answer the questions on there.

Has anyone else had this questionnaire?
Does this show that the caseworkers are actually working on our case now?
How long will it then take for them to consider after you send the affidative to them?
How long does your case take to consider after you send this?
And Also, how long has it taken everybody else to get a certificate of approval?
Last edited by pathaniprincess on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:06 pm

I don;t think u can get a CoA if u don't have valid LTR...

Oh, and please turn the font down...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL FOR MARRIAGE takes agezzz

Post by sakura » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:21 pm

pathaniprincess wrote:Hi there everyone.
I am a British citisen and my partner is a failed somali assylum.

Me and my partner have applied for COA-Marriage in OCT 2005 and we still havent recieved an answer from the home office. :?
We have wrote letters to them, faxed them, complained to them and recently to other people like the Prime minister, Home secretery, Ombudsley and our local PM But still they are SO ignorant! :shock:

However, yesterday we got a questionnaire from them to write our own affidative and to answer the questions on there.

Has anyone else had this questionnaire?
Does this show that the caseworkers are actually working on our case now?
How long will it then take for them to consider after you send the affidative to them?
How long does your case take to consider after you send this?
And Also, how long has it taken everybody else to get a certificate of approval?
What was the questionnaire regarding? The BIA are actually sending questionnaires to failed asylum seekers who are still in the country, to try and sort out their immigration status (basically 'regularise' them). Is this the questionnaire? I don't think it would have to do with your CoA application. You should, however, re-apply for that, since the current situation is that those who cannot return home are able to claim exceptional circumstances to apply in-country (I think). When did he apply for asylum, and when was it finally refused?

If the questionnaire is indeed about his failed asylum application - it might well take years to sort out. I suggest finding out if you can make another CoA applicaiton (or try again sorting out the first application!).

pathaniprincess
BANNED

Post by pathaniprincess » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 pm

[quote="Wanderer"]I don;t think u can get a CoA if u don't have valid LTR...

.....But as he is from somalia, he has special circumstances as everyone knows how somalia is at the moment so that will help in our case right?
And can you please answer all the questions if you can please
Thanks.

jimquk

Post by jimquk » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Could you post the questions in the questionnaire? It does sound like he is being considered for asylum case resolution. It MAY be that they will conclude that there is little prospect of him being returned to Somalia, and little point if he would simply apply to return on a fiance visa, and that therefore he should be regularised. I must point out that if he has a criminal record, this coud cause difficulties.

Although the Home Office does not have a good track record of speedy case resolutions, they have an ambitious target of sorting out 450,000 cases in five years, so if he is being considered I would expect an answer fairly quickly - maybe a few months.

Please post the questions, and keep us informed of developments, as there may be many other such cases to follow.

PS Pathan with Somali? Should produce some beautiful children! Good luck!
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

pathaniprincess
BANNED

Re: CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL FOR MARRIAGE takes agezzz

Post by pathaniprincess » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:08 pm

[/quote]
What was the questionnaire regarding? The BIA are actually sending questionnaires to failed asylum seekers who are still in the country, to try and sort out their immigration status (basically 'regularise' them). Is this the questionnaire? I don't think it would have to do with your CoA application.

...But i read on the home ofice websyt that they only send these questionnaires out to people with famillies which we have one year old child also by the way and on the questionnaire letter they and start by thanking us and talk to us about making a COA application so i think it is definatley for that. Especially since we pushed the H.O. with floods of our letters.

When did he apply for asylum, and when was it finally refused?

He applied for asylum in 2004 as soon as he came into UK in March 2004. And it was refused on August2004.

pathaniprincess
BANNED

Post by pathaniprincess » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:48 pm

Please post the questions, and keep us informed of developments, as there may be many other such cases to follow.

Well, the actual questionnaire sent by H.O. has 21 questions on there, but on the home office website, http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applyi ... artnership they only show 11 of the questions, however i will write all the questions here for you all :wink:

1)when, where and how you and your fiancée(e)/proposed civil partner met
2)when you decided to marry or enter into a civil partnership
3)where you intend to live if permitted to marry or to enter into a civil partnership in the UK
4)arrangements for any religious ceremony, including the nature of the ceremony, the person conducting it and relevant contact details
5)arrangements for any reception or celebration, including details of the location, proof of booking and relevant contact
6)your relationship with your fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner if you are not living together (e.g. letters and photographs as evidence of the relationship)
7)your life with your fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner if you are living together, including the address(es), how long you have lived together and 8)documentary evidence in the form of correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address from utilities, government bodies, local authorities, financial institutions etc
9)any children from your and your fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner’s present or previous relationships, including where they now live, the length of time any of them have lived with you, the names of their natural parents and who supports them
10)name, gender, dob of birth and nationality
11)do the children live with one/both of you if so, which address
12who pays for child support
13)other children living with you not of yours eg from one of yours previous relationship
14)if so please give detail of full namme, gender, dob, nationality
15)which address these kids live and who pays for their support
16)who's the natural parents of these kids..names and addresses should be provided
17)how long have these kids been living with you or your partner
18) give contact phone for you n your partner
19)should you have any additional info about you or partner, provide details
20)any additional supprting evidence you want to give
21)if you've been unable to provide evidence that your case is genuine advise us of reasons you feel discretion should be excersised in your favour in spite of this.
REPLY WITHIN 14 DAYS :roll:

Also, this websyt, [i]http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/One ... 14defd4747 shows and tells you about the questionnaire. So myt be helpful for people here. 8) [/url][/i]

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Wanderer wrote:I don;t think u can get a CoA if u don't have valid LTR...
Yes you can - for the moment:

"Applications from those individuals who do not have valid leave to enter or remain (illegal entrants, persons who have been refused leave to enter, but granted temporary admission or temporary admission pending the outcome of an application for leave to enter and those who have overstayed their leave to remain) who have until now been refused unless there are exceptional compassionate circumstances for granting a certificate of approval will be treated in line with the current guidance for those who have limited, but insufficient leave to qualify for a COA. This is the guidance set out at 3.2 above. Where a person without leave to remain applies for a certificate of approval the Home Office will (as in all cases where we discover a person present illegally) consider whether or not enforcement action should be initiated, in addition to considering the application for the certificate of approval."

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applyi ... artnership
--
Mark Y-M
London

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:16 pm

pathaniprincess wrote::oops: got abit excited there as i thought i myt be a help to alot of people here haha!!! :wink:
Nah, actually, the questionnaire was addressed to my partner only...you think this makes a difference wether it is addressed to both or one... regarding our COA case or the assylum case?? If so, how does it make a difference? :?
Coz even if it is, both ways, he's still going to get that COA isnt he?
But, Hey am jus happy they have finally taken notice of us! at last! :D
P.S PLEASE POST ME BACK ON MY POST http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18165 :wink:
(in case the reader is wondering: the OP posted this on another thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 9&start=20 )

Well, it doesn't matter whether or not they posted the letter to you, but since it asks about the fiance application, it doesn't have anything to do with the asylum application. Plus, if they do decide to give you the CoA, then this migt be quicker than going through the "case resolution programme", because no one knows how long the BIA will take to make a decision. If he does get another questionnaire for the "case resolution programme" under his asylum application, it shouldn't affect his CoA application (good or bad).

pathaniprincess
BANNED

JHON THE ARROGANT ****

Post by pathaniprincess » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:37 pm

People. I would just like to introduce you to a very arrogant moderator 'jhon' on here who is unbelievably fussy and needs to realise this is a forum which people are obviously going to post numerous questions on and not just on one topic!!!

Here is the original of the other post, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 260#109260
In this post, i was simply asking for people to help me find an application form for ILR just for my future refrence and he very arrogantly locked my post as he said there was no point of me posting there because i had this post even though the topics are different!!! i would understand if they were the same but he is acting asif i am holding him by the throat and taking his his last breath away from him!!!
Yeah Well, Wake up jhon, this is only another forum!!!

Anyway, here is the conversation.

Hi i was wondering if anybody could please give me the up to date application form and guidence notes of the Indefinate leave to remain application form.
Thanx.

You don't say on what basis you will be applying for your ILR, so it is uncertain which of the SET(x) series of forms you will need to use.

However all the forms are available on this BIA webpage, so download the one you need. It will be a form whose name starts with SET( .

If you are not sure which one applies to you then you will need to post details of the basis on which you are applying for ILR.

well, basically, if me and my parnter were to get the certificate of approval then after that, we would need to register our marrige exchanging that COA for a marriage certificate then after that, we would need to apply for indefinate leave to remain ryt?
So, i would like the application form for that please.

Why did you start a new topic? You think people want to look back at your previous posts elsewhere on this Board?

I am now going to lock this. Had you posted your message into your existing topic it would have been obvious that you don't need an ILR application at all.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:35 am

Princess ...

Calm down.

I am not in the mood for it today.

Before you lecture us on how to run our forum, you might consider how to behave in one first.

Topic locked by Admin.

the Admin