ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3rd Party Support & Accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

synapse321
Newly Registered

3rd Party Support & Accommodation

Post by synapse321 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:49 pm

I am hoping this question has not been asked before so here goes:

In the AM V Ethiopa case does that also mean:

When it comes to accommodation does the sponsor now have to own the home in which the spouse is coming to reside in? Or is it OK as before if the sponsor's parent(s) own the property and will allow the couple to live there rent-free?

Regards

topazstar

Living accommodation

Post by topazstar » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:09 pm

You have to provide evidence that you have somewhere to live and enough money to live on. I would think that as long as your parents provide a letter, confirming the arrangement and that you will be living with them as part of your extended family, this should be OK.
You definitely do not need to own the house.
Even rented accommodation is OK.
It's just a matter of proving that you have suitable long term accommodation that is secure.
Hope this helps.

synapse321
Newly Registered

Post by synapse321 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:34 am

Thanks for clearing that up....

synapse321
Newly Registered

Post by synapse321 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:22 am

Hi Everyone

I am very close to my wife submitting her paperwork and there is one major thing which I am unsure of reading posts in this fourm. People are providing contradictory info re:third party support & accommodation

Please could someone put my mind to rest and answer the question regarding whether it is OK for mum to own the property and let me live there rent-free or do I need to NOW actually own the property?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 am

Third party accommodation support is acceptable, if it's adequate and not overcrowded.
Last edited by vinny on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

3rd party support judgment - third party and joint sponsorship permitted - No More.

Third party maintenance support is now limited to what's specified in 1(b), unless subject to the transitional provisions (3.6.4).

MAA4 Maintenance: General requirements.
Last edited by vinny on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 19 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Couture
Newly Registered

Post by Couture » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 pm

in the same vein as OP but with a twist. I have a friend who is renting a home in London and he wishes to put us up, rent free for the time it takes to get our own place. Would a letter from my friend suffice for Spousal Visa or would the letter have to be from HIS landlord. I assume in his rental agreement it says he is not allowed to sublet, as is standard.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:00 am

Last edited by vinny on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Couture
Newly Registered

Post by Couture » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks vinny, although having read that site about a million times at this stage I can say the answer doesnt appear to be in that text.

guess we just have to wing it, seemingly there isnt a real answer for any of this stuff.

my guess is that because we arent being charged for our accommodation we wouldnt require anything more than a letter of intent from my friend and possibly a note from his landlord to say we are guests, not sub letters and that its ok for us to stay until such a time as we have a place of our own.

bobtail
Newly Registered

Post by bobtail » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 am

I was hoping someone would know what would the supporting evidence be in case of having a job offer prior to applying for a spouse visa?
(As in, someone who has done the same in the past.)

I'm already in a civil partnership but I was applying for a Tier 2 visa as I thought it'll be easier when having a job offer. Unfortunately, didn't get a CoS yet, but wasn't thinking of looking at Spouse visa because both me and my partner thought we haven't got sufficient funds (though, none of us two is on benefits or plan to be at any time). Basically, just recently saw that the sufficient funds isn't actually defined term (or is it?), and that job offer can go as maintenance proof. (Partner's got a house and his parents live down the street so we can give both as proof of accom?)
I'm seeing a lawyer next week, just wanted to get all the info prior to meeting so I don't spend too much money on long sessions.

Regards.

peak123
Newly Registered

Post by peak123 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks vinny

harv

Post by harv » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:29 am

Hi

I have a friend who has plenty of room in his house to let us live rent free. He is also willing to provide support letter that he does not have any issues for my me and my partner to stay for the next say 2 years.

Is this acceptable as a proof of acommodation, I was wondering if it is okay to say that a friend is helping with the acommodation? He is paying his mortgages in time and the house also has enough space (not overcrowded), it won't be considered as overcrowded even when my partner moves in.

What sort of evidence should I gather from my friend to show as accomodation proof?

- A confirmation letter stating no problems if I stay for the next 2 years with my partner
- Anything else from my friend?
- Anything I need to provide as an evidence in terms of accomodation? as I am not paying rent (friend's house) I do not have any rent payments going out of my bank account.

I am currently living at a different address, do you guys think that all my bank statement and other related documents that I will be submitting should be on my friend's address where I intend to live after my partner moves in? I can go and start living there if necessary, because there is still a lot of time remaining before I get married. So all evidence will start flowing at the new addres (friend's house).
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:35 am

See also links.

aasimnaveed
Newly Registered

question about accommodation for spouse

Post by aasimnaveed » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

my sister in law's hubby is in pakistan and she is going to send her documents necessary for visa application ... is it necessary to send a letter/ certificate from council..like assessment certificate that our house is sufficient fot them two new commers ... please answer me asap ... council inspector came n she rejected our house for them to stay here bcoz its over crowded as far as immigration law is concerned ... ???? any authentic info plzz???

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm

You're saying that your house has already been rejected by the Council inspector as not being suitable? If so, if the application is submitted without finding alternative accommodation that would be considered acceptable, the visa will be refused.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 am

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Guys I had the same situation when I applied to bring my wife here to the UK, i was living in my parents property and they were paying the rent and bills.
I provided a letter from my parents that this was ok and there was no problem and also a survey from estate agent to show the was adequate space.
The visa was granted. I also had the same situation when I applied for ILR and the visa was granted to.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

what documents do I need ?

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 pm

I am a British man. want to sponsor my wife.

I am living with MUM. its her house, our family home . NO mortgage. . I dont pay any rent. but I pay just the phone bills only...

it is a 3 bedroom house but when my wife comes there will be just the three of us .. so we are not over crowded...

Do we have to provide copy of the deeds to prove that it is our house?
or just the utility bills will be sufficient ?
do we still have to get a letter from the council to say that when my wife arrives there will be three of us and that it will not be over crowded?
letter from my mum to say that we can live at our house?
thahts our family house..

what if I get a job far away from our house and I need to rent a room near my work place ? then that means i would have to find a double room near my work place and deal with it that way. ?

thanks
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Having a few friends to stay for a few days in not sub-letting, so no problem there.

However there is the issue about whether the place might be classed as overcrowded, if indeed the friend puts you and your family up for a few days.

I think you will need to provide proof that the place will not be overcrowded. But if for example it would be necessary for people to be sleeping on the settee in the living room, then you might have a problem with that arrangement.
John

olarey

Accommodation issue - please help!!!

Post by olarey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi There. I am trying to bring my wife and daughter to the UK as my dependent. although i meet the financial requirement but at the moment i am living in a one bedroom flat. my daughter is 6yrs old and i am wondering if 1 bedroom flat is not regarded as overcrowded accomodation for my wife and daughter to submit their application on.

Please you kind help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Post by Alex3977 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:46 pm

For accommodation its enough to provide landlord authority lttr along with utility bill. There is ample space to live there in the property. Is this enough or need to provide property survey report from an Estate Agency ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:00 am

I don't think that survey reports are mandatory.

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Alex3977 wrote:For accommodation its enough to provide landlord authority lttr along with utility bill. There is ample space to live there in the property. Is this enough or need to provide property survey report from an Estate Agency ?
Why utility bill needed?

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Post by Alex3977 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Utility bills confirms the address ....like address proof

Alex3977
Newly Registered

Post by Alex3977 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Vinny,

As per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf guidelines its require any of mentioned docs for accommodation.

Authority lttr signed by lanlord frnd+utility bill+ signed passport copy would be enough ?