ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave SET(O) Form waiting tim

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daniel97

Re: ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave SET(O) Form waiting

Post by Daniel97 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:18 am

Khaldoon wrote:Hi all, I need an urgent help PLEASE, I have granted DLR after a refused asylum on Aug 2009 because of my family life in UK as I got a British daughter and wife, then I applied for an extension on July 2012 for further leave by using FLR O application form, and I got granted another 3 years,
Now, I have booked a premium service to submit a SET O application as I have completed 6 years of continuous DL to be apply for settlement, the problem is when I spoke to HO over the phone they advised that I need to submit a SET O application, while I asked a solicitor and he advised me to submit application form DL, I already booked the premium service 1900 BP, and I'm very confused what to do,
Should I cancel and refund the appointment and submit the FL DL application? or,
Should I go a head and submit the SET O application in the basis of previous FLR O application that submitted when I applied for the extension of my DLR?
The problem that I'm working abroad as a petroleum engineer, and I cant be away from my work more than 2 months, otherwise I would lose my precious job, that's why I booked the premium service,
PLEASE HELP,
Yes,SETO form should be okay,as your extension was granted on FLRO,

fazzfazz
Newly Registered

Post by fazzfazz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:03 pm

tahir228uk wrote:
fazzfazz wrote:dibora i need an answer too . what did you have to do ? did you have to the test ? i have been told too that i do not have to do a life in the uk test.
hi, did you get any info on the matter yet? thanks

Yea tahir228uk. You do not have to . This condition is set for us when we apply for citizenship. You dont need to pass an english test for ILR.

chihoit
Newly Registered

Post by chihoit » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:41 pm

nilu_0370 wrote:Tahir - the relevant date that the law changed was 9 July 2012.

Without knowing the exact facts of your case, please consider this as general advice: -

As long as you applied for your second extension in time, (and as long as you do not have any unspent convictions) you would be eligible to apply for settlement in March 2015 on the basis that you had completed 6 years of DLR. This is because your first grant of DLR was under the transitional arrangements, i.e the immigration rules prior to July 2012. As a result, the extension that you put in now would still be considered under the old rules.

Tahir/Dalibora/fazzfazz

In respect of whether you need to pass Life in the UK Test and have the additional English qualification if you are applying for settlement having completed 6 years of DLR, the answer is no.

Please see the links below for confirmation of the same: -

(Page 7) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Under exemptions it is stated: -

If you’re applying to settle

You don’t need to prove it if you’re applying as:

someone living in the UK for 6 years with discretionary leave

Dalibora on page 15 of the application form, after completing the top section, in the space at the bottom, you can write "I am exempt from the KOLL requirement as I have completed 6 years of DLR"

I hope this helps.
I have been granted in june 2015 a second 3 year discretionary leave,after waiting 22 months my first one was granted october 2010..all this time H.O confirming old leave continued since i had made an intime application.my big head ache is i have wife and son abroad (zimbabwe).how do i bring them over? I eaen over 34 k a year..nhs job.Do i qualify for indefinate in 2016? Thats when 6 years dlr tallies up despite their delays in the last one?shall i wait for that before i attempt bringing my family? Please help

chihoit
Newly Registered

Post by chihoit » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm

[quote="nilu_0370"]Tahir - the relevant date that the law changed was 9 July 2012.

Without knowing the exact facts of your case, please consider this as general advice: -

As long as you applied for your second extension in time, (and as long as you do not have any unspent convictions) you would be eligible to apply for settlement in March 2015 on the basis that you had completed 6 years of DLR. This is because your first grant of DLR was under the transitional arrangements, i.e the immigration rules prior to July 2012. As a result, the extension that you put in now would still be considered under the old rules.

Tahir/Dalibora/fazzfazz

In respect of whether you need to pass Life in the UK Test and have the additional English qualification if you are applying for settlement having completed 6 years of DLR, the answer is no.

Please see the links below for confirmation of the same: -

(Page 7) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/english-language

Under exemptions it is stated: -

If you’re applying to settle

You don’t need to prove it if you’re applying as:

someone living in the UK for 6 years with discretionary leave

Dalibora on page 15 of the application form, after completing the top section, in the space at the bottom, you can write "I am exempt from the KOLL requirement as I have completed 6 years of DLR"

I hope this helps.[/quote
I have been granted in june 2015 a second 3 year discretionary leave,after waiting 22 months my first one was granted october 2010..all this time H.O confirming old leave continued since i had made an intime application.my big head ache is i have wife and son abroad (zimbabwe).how do i bring them over? I eaen over 34 k a year..nhs job.Do i qualify for indefinate in 2016? Thats when 6 years dlr tallies up despite their delays in the last one?shall i wait for that before i attempt bringing my family? Please help

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:11 am

[/quote
I have been granted in june 2015 a second 3 year discretionary leave,after waiting 22 months my first one was granted october 2010..all this time H.O confirming old leave continued since i had made an intime application.my big head ache is i have wife and son abroad (zimbabwe).how do i bring them over? I eaen over 34 k a year..nhs job.Do i qualify for indefinate in 2016? Thats when 6 years dlr tallies up despite their delays in the last one?shall i wait for that before i attempt bringing my family? Please help[/quote]

hi chihoit

I believe you're right in thinking that you'll qualify for ILR in 2016 when you've been on DLR for a total of six yrs. Hope I'm not misleading you but some have done so successfully. Best wishes

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi can someone please list the documents they took for successful application from 6 years dlr to ILR. Thanks. It's too expensive to get a lawyer again.