ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Angry husband and ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

luky-marina
Newly Registered

Angry husband and ILR

Post by luky-marina » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:24 am

What is the possibility ?
It is not like I am too much upset but would prefer to know my prospects.
Last edited by luky-marina on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: Angry husband and ILR

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:18 am

luky-marina wrote:I've got ILR (marriage) recently (a months ago), but yesterday we had big arguments with my husband and he decided to exercise his immigration rights and revoke my visa. We 've been married for 3,5 years. To the best of my belief i half a year I could even to apply for the visa on the 4years marriage ground. He is British, I am no EU.
What is the possibility ?
It is not like I am too much upset but would prefer to know my prospects.
Once you have ILR your status with respect to your husband is not relevant: you hold ILR in your own right. The only way it could be revoked because of marriage problems would be if you had obtained it fraudulently or perhaps if your marriage had been a "marriage of convenience" entered into solely for immigration reasons. On the basis of what you have posted, this does not seem to be the case, so your ILR is secure.

luky-marina
Newly Registered

Post by luky-marina » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Christophe wrote:[Once you have ILR your status with respect to your husband is not relevant: you hold ILR in your own right. The only way it could be revoked because of marriage problems would be if you had obtained it fraudulently or perhaps if your marriage had been a "marriage of convenience" entered into solely for immigration reasons. On the basis of what you have posted, this does not seem to be the case, so your ILR is secure.
Thank you, Christophe, for a prompt reply. I feel sorry for my husband, he is so stupid. If you gave me a hint where to find any official info regarding to the subject I would be a Happy Bunny :)
I didn't obtain my visa fraudulently, every single bit I provided is genuine. And I didn't enter for immigrations reasons, I've told him so many times I didn't need his bloody visa to succeed in this life, I was much more prosperous in my country.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:39 pm

luky-marina wrote:Thank you, Christophe, for a prompt reply. I feel sorry for my husband, he is so stupid. If you gave me a hint where to find any official info regarding to the subject I would be a Happy Bunny :)
I didn't obtain my visa fraudulently, every single bit I provided is genuine. And I didn't enter for immigrations reasons, I've told him so many times I didn't need his bloody visa to succeed in this life, I was much more prosperous in my country.
I'm afraid I can't specifically give you links to any official info on that — someone else will, I hope, be along soon who can.

But I can only repeat that as you now have indefinite leave to remain, you have it in your own right regardless of anything that happens between you and your husband. A person with indefinite leave to rem ain can, if he or she so chooses, live in the UK for the rest of his or her life. There are circumstances in which it can be lost (principally by ceasing to live in the UK, and a period of more than 2 years outside the UK is generally taken as meaning that you are no longer living here, although there can be exceptions to that in both directions).

I hope things are able to resolved between you and your husband though, not because it will affect your ILR one way or the other but just because that is my hope!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:40 pm

But if the ILR was obtained by deception, sham marriage it can be revoked.

Proving it is another matter.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Wanderer wrote:But if the ILR was obtained by deception, sham marriage it can be revoked.

True, but for the purposes of this discussion it seems to have been established that this isn't the case. I think the OP is looking for some official guidance on the subject of her immigration status now being held in her own right and independent of her husband, but I can't put my finger on that just now...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Christophe wrote:
Wanderer wrote:But if the ILR was obtained by deception, sham marriage it can be revoked.

True, but for the purposes of this discussion it seems to have been established that this isn't the case. I think the OP is looking for some official guidance on the subject of her immigration status now being held in her own right and independent of her husband, but I can't put my finger on that just now...
Oops - didnt read the whole thread, missed that. Sorry guys.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:27 pm

But I can only repeat that as you now have indefinite leave to remain, you have it in your own right regardless of anything that happens between you and your husband. A person with indefinite leave to rem ain can, if he or she so chooses, live in the UK for the rest of his or her life.

I got a question on this issue. Does an OP needs her/his spouses British passport and Marriage certificate to obtain Natrualisation to become British?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:56 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
But I can only repeat that as you now have indefinite leave to remain, you have it in your own right regardless of anything that happens between you and your husband. A person with indefinite leave to rem ain can, if he or she so chooses, live in the UK for the rest of his or her life.

I got a question on this issue. Does an OP needs her/his spouses British passport and Marriage certificate to obtain Natrualisation to become British?
No. (The answer would be yes, of course, if the person was naturalising on the basis of marriage to a British citizen spouse.)

The marriage certificate ought to be easy enough for either marriage partner to get, in ordinary circumstances. The partner's passport is of course not so easy if the parties are estranged.

These things might be asked for, but I don't believe that naturalisation would be denied if they could not be supplied.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:59 am

luky-marina wrote:but yesterday we had big arguments
Perhaps Ajahn Brahm's talk on Arguments may help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

luky-marina
Newly Registered

Post by luky-marina » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:55 am

vinny wrote:
In what way does it relate to immigration problems? :shock:

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 am

I enjoyed the good talk though :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:19 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:I enjoyed the good talk though :)
Metta - Love Heals is another good one for couples.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:44 pm

luky-marina wrote:
vinny wrote:
In what way does it relate to immigration problems? :shock:
When it helps keep the sponsor in line

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:37 pm

vinny wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:I enjoyed the good talk though :)
Metta - Love Heals is another good one for couples.
Another good talk. Thank you.