ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could someone tell me if the enclosed is correct please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ramsay

Could someone tell me if the enclosed is correct please

Post by Ramsay » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:13 pm

I got married to my wife on Saturday. The good lady is Tibetan on Nepali travel doc with a fiancee visa.

We have an appointment in mid-august for the visa.

When booking the appointment I mentionned that the good lady's travel doc expires the very end of March so still over six months left at time of application. Told the girl on the phone that Nepal won't give longer then 12 months in one go.

Girl on the phone said the immigration officer can decide to just give her a visa until the expiry date of the travel document.

Is this correct and if so does it mean I will have to pay the fee each time we have to apply during the two years?

I think she is speaking rubbish but wanted to check with those greater in the know than me.

Cheers again.

a slighty balding Ramsay

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 pm

Chapter 22 - Passports and Travel Documents[/url] > [url=http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20080910083212/http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idichapter22/section1/section1.pdf?view=Binary]Section 1 - Passports and Travel Documents wrote:9.2. After-entry

Leave to rqqemain may normally be granted beyond passport validity, but no more than one period should be granted on a passport which is already out of date. When leave to remain is granted on a passport which is already out of date and the applicant is likely to require further leave to remain before becoming eligible for settlement, note 6 should be issued to the applicant, stating that no further extensions will be granted in the out-of-date passport.

There is, however, no objection to placing an endorsement of indefinite leave to remain in an expired passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ramsay

Post by Ramsay » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:42 am

Vinny you truly are a legend.

Can I just check I'm readin this right.

We apply on the 15th August with 7.5 months left on the good lady's travel document. We have no change in any circumstances since Fiancee visa (Except now being married obviously) so, all being well, the 2 yr FLR should be put in.

Then with 28 days left of the two year visa we can apply for ILR with the expired travel document. Then nationalisation (after Life in UK test is passed) on the back of that.

If this is the case it would mean we wouldn't have to travel every year to the Nepali embassy to renew her document. An immense boost considering the political situation looks a bit shakey at the minute.

Cheers again Vinny and if the above isn't correct could you give me a shout.