ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Type of visa for an EEA family member

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SAA

Type of visa for an EEA family member

Post by SAA » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Hello everybody,

Could anybody give me some advice how to invite my mum for a couple of weeks over here. My husband is an EEA permanent resident. I have ILR in the UK.

We were thinking to invite her as a family member of the EEA citizen but are not sure because my mum just wants to spend a short time in the UK.

So does anybody know whether it's still possible to try for an EEA family permit?

Cheers,

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Type of visa for an EEA family member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:35 pm

SAA wrote:Hello everybody,

Could anybody give me some advice how to invite my mum for a couple of weeks over here. My husband is an EEA permanent resident. I have ILR in the UK.

We were thinking to invite her as a family member of the EEA citizen but are not sure because my mum just wants to spend a short time in the UK.

So does anybody know whether it's still possible to try for an EEA family permit?

Cheers,
Is your mum a visa national? If so then she would need to apply for a EEA FP, See http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ionals#Q14
If not then she can travel just with her passport/ National ID Card

SAA

Re: Type of visa for an EEA family member

Post by SAA » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 pm

Is your mum a visa national? If so then she would need to apply for a EEA FP, See http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ionals#Q14
If not then she can travel just with her passport/ National ID Card

Yes, she is a visa national. She is Russian. I thought that an EEA family permit could be granted only if there is a proof of her financial dependency on us. My mum is only intending to come for a short time so I am not sure if we need to prove this fact...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 am

If she doesn't qualify for an EEA family permit, then you may sponsor her application for a visitor visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SAA

Post by SAA » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 am

Looks like this... thanks Vinny..

Thank you guys for your answers