ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa catagory will be for wife for IRL applicant

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mikhlaq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Which visa catagory will be for wife for IRL applicant

Post by mikhlaq » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:19 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR through the global talent route and will be extending a visa for my wife. My wife needs 2.5 years of visa before she will be eligible for ILR. Which visa should I apply either a dependent visa of global talent or a spouse visa? if it is a spouse visa, then will she need an English proficiency test score for that or not?

Looking for your kind and prompt response.

Thanks,
Muhammad

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Which visa catagory will be for wife for IRL applicant

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:41 pm

mikhlaq wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:19 pm
Hi,

I am applying for ILR through the global talent route and will be extending a visa for my wife. My wife needs 2.5 years of visa before she will be eligible for ILR. Which visa should I apply either a dependent visa of global talent or a spouse visa? if it is a spouse visa, then will she need an English proficiency test score for that or not?

Looking for your kind and prompt response.

Thanks,
Muhammad
Extension of the one she is currently on as if she switches to spouse visa her clock resets and she will start a new 5year path to ILR.

mikhlaq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mikhlaq » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:46 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply, just a clarification, since I will be an ILR holder they will give me a visa for here for 2.5 years as when you choose to pay the IHS fee system chooses the date of the primary applicant and allows you to pay till the visa of primary applicant is valid.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:46 pm

My wife needs 2.5 years of visa
As advised above, GTV Dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:32 am

mikhlaq wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:46 pm
Thanks for your prompt reply, just a clarification, since I will be an ILR holder they will give me a visa for here for 2.5 shorter duration will not be granted, shall be for 3years and on which basis the IHS you will pay as when you choose to pay the IHS fee system chooses the date of the primary applicant and allows you to pay till the visa of primary applicant is valid.
Thanks