ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent child visa - urgent help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ravi1992
Newly Registered
India

Dependent child visa - urgent help

Post by Ravi1992 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for my son's psw dependent visa. But the problem is he doesn't have a BRp as he arrived here in sep with only 4-5 months left. He has a visa stamp and all but no BRP. How do I apply without BRP any way to sort this out. Please help

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent child visa - urgent help

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:57 pm

The application portal itself explains what to do if you do not have a BRP.

See https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/apply > Proving your identity and providing supporting documents
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

GBkhatri
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by GBkhatri » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:35 pm

Hi Ravi,
Just saw this post and I need some guidance from you bringing my son to the UK too. Can you please help?

Regards

Ravi1992 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:12 pm
Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for my son's psw dependent visa. But the problem is he doesn't have a BRp as he arrived here in sep with only 4-5 months left. He has a visa stamp and all but no BRP. How do I apply without BRP any way to sort this out. Please help

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:24 am

GBkhatri wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:35 pm
Just saw this post and I need some guidance from you bringing my son to the UK too. Can you please help?
That's not what this topic is about. OP's child is already in the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

GBkhatri
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by GBkhatri » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:18 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:24 am
GBkhatri wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:35 pm
That's not what this topic is about. OP's child is already in the UK.
I know mate. I am already here with my wife. Came here in November. My son is back at home with my parents and I wanted to wait for few more months before bringing him. My tier 4 visa expires on next June. But I have got conflicting advice on when I can apply for my son's dependent visa. Some say it could be a month before my student leave expires, some say it needs to be at least 6 months before and some say at least 9 months before the leave expires. Some people have even told me how the visa application has been rejected for the child even though both parents are here. I thought OP could shed some light on it since he has already been through the process. Sorry if it violates the forum's policy but I have no way of directly contacting him.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:45 pm

GBkhatri wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:18 pm
Some say it could be a month before my student leave expires, some say it needs to be at least 6 months before and some say at least 9 months before the leave expires.
Who are these people, where are they quoting these deadlines from, and what is their credibility for giving you visa advice anyway? Are any of them guiding you to what the Student dependent visa rules actually say? With respect, given the variety of answers why have you not just checked the rules for yourself?

See Appendix Student, paragraphs ST 31.2 and 31.3. As you will see there is no specific deadline, other than obviously the end of the Student's visa.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

If someone is saying there is a separate 1, 6 or 9 month deadline, I suggest you ask them where they are reading this. Because they are not reading it anywhere with any relevance.

GBkhatri
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by GBkhatri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:11 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

After referring to the resources you have provided, I can see that there's no specific deadline for the visa application. However, please refer to this news piece on the guardian https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... th-workers , where it says the home office is denying visa for care worker's dependents saying " You chose to leave you kid behind and is being taken care of back home, why do you want him/her here now", even though those on carer visas are allowed to bring dependents.

I am afraid I might have to endure the same thing if I leave it late. This is why I am worried even though nothing has been specifically written about the deadline.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 am

GBkhatri wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:11 am
This is why I am worried even though nothing has been specifically written about the deadline.
That article is about the extra rules for bringing a child as a single parent when the other parent remains overseas.

GBkhatri
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by GBkhatri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:50 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 am
GBkhatri wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:11 am
This is why I am worried even though nothing has been specifically written about the deadline.
That article is about the extra rules for bringing a child as a single parent when the other parent remains overseas.
Hi,
Appreciate the replies mate. I know I am now drifting off topic but I have one last question. I have been told I need to submit a tenancy agreement as part of the application process. However, I live in a shared flat and tenancy agreement has been made in the name of my flatmate. Can you please shed some light on it?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:56 am

GBkhatri wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:50 am
I have been told I need to submit a tenancy agreement as part of the application process.
Told by who?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:43 pm

I think it’s time to look at the actual guidelines rather than listening to the “experts” that you have consulted 😂

The care workers are the only skilled workers that will no longer be able to bring dependents. So unless you are planning to be a care worker it does not apply.