ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 dependents

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Camel555

ILR for Tier 1 dependents

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am

Apologies if i am posting this in a wrong thread:

I recently got my ILR under Tier 1 E 200K route, before i got my ILR i got my dependents pbs dependent visa which expires in Jan 2025, although they came to UK but did not live there and went back, I am hopeful that they will be back before their visa expires

May I please ask, which route would they get their next extension under, can mods guide me to the right link to apply for the extension

will they be now treated as family dependent?

if not, what will be there visa extension requirements in terms of maintenance etc?

how long their next extension be valid for?

if they dont come back to UK and apply again to entre UK AFTER their visa expires, what route will i be applying under as i now have ILR

thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Tier 1 dependents

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:07 pm

The fact that you got ILR is not that important for their extension. They can extend their current visa in the UK as Tier 1 dependants and that will be for 3 years. The links are on this page: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members

If their visa expires while outside the UK and they do not apply in time, then they must apply under the family route and their 5-year ILR clock will reset to zero. This is not advised
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 pm

Thanks Zimba, as always appreciate your reply

On the link of tier 1 family members page, there is no mention of funds maintenance requirements for the extension applications if I am not missing anything. The 1890£ each dependent is for initial application or is it for the extension as well?

And if my family is not in Uk now but get back in Uk and apply for the extension before expiry, do you think it will matter that they were not in Uk for longer period during their initial leave ?

Also will I have to get criminal certification if we apply their extension from inside UK considering although they had the visa but they spent more than 180 days outside uk ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 pm

On the link of tier 1 family members page, there is no mention of funds maintenance requirements for the extension applications if I am not missing anything. The 1890£ each dependent is for initial application or is it for the extension as well?
There is no such requirement for an extension
And if my family is not in Uk now but get back in Uk and apply for the extension before expiry, do you think it will matter that they were not in Uk for longer period during their initial leave ?
That does not affect the extension
Also will I have to get criminal certification if we apply their extension from inside UK considering although they had the visa but they spent more than 180 days outside uk ?
No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Post by boraoo111222 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 pm
Thanks Zimba, as always appreciate your reply

Hi

I have read all of your posts, I believe that I have very similar case.

Could you kindly please share: what kind of information to provide for Covid absence (only flight cancel/ policy restricted as evidence?) and what kind of additional documents was requested by HO?

Thank you so much

Best regards

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 pm

yes the evidene submited was mostly relates to travel chaos during those days, flights cancellation confirmation from the airline etc

HO asked for additional info like 3 years bank statements, my own job contract, hmrc registeration welcome letter etc

most of the evidence was already submitted but they still asked which we provided

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Post by boraoo111222 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:57 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 pm
yes the evidene submited was mostly relates to travel chaos during those days, flights cancellation confirmation from the airline etc

HO asked for additional info like 3 years bank statements, my own job contract, hmrc registeration welcome letter etc

most of the evidence was already submitted but they still asked which we provided
Thank you so much for your reply, HO ask me send additional documents to workflowwns@homeoffice.gov.uk is this same email you sent before?

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm

yes i think so

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Post by boraoo111222 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:34 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 pm
yes i think so
Thank you, already sent additional documents almost two months...still waiting...

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:33 pm

good luck, my decision took 3 months approx since we sent additional docs, but HO asked for my additional docs very quickly after the biometrics, i think in about 15 days