ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M Minimum financial requirement when worked for last 6 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gurjeetk
Newly Registered
India

SET M form filling related to English Language

Post by gurjeetk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

Hi,
I have a query related to filling Set(O) form (5 years).
I am married to a UK citizen. And I am on a spouse visa and applying for ILR.
While filling the form, I need help answering some questions.
Background:
I got visa starting from 5th may 2019. Entry in UK was 3rd June 2019. I believe we can apply for ILR 28 days before 5th may 2024.
Query:
1. During both initial leave to enter (Initial BRP) and leave to remain (BRP after 2.5 yrs), I used NARIC certificate to prove my English Language. For ILR, can we use the same NARIC certificate?
2. As I am filling the Set(M) online form, there is a sequence of questions where I have a doubt. Are my answers correct?
Under section English language...
SET M form Question 1 - Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?
I answered Yes (because I used NARIC while applying for SPOUSE/PARTNER Leave to Enter; SPOUSE/PARTNER Leave to Remain)
SET M form Question 2- Have you passed an approved English language test?
I answered No (because I have used NARIC previously)
Question 2.1 - Exemption from the English language test -> Are you claiming an exemption from the English language test due to a medical or mental condition?
I answered No.
Question 2.2 - Do you have exceptional circumstances that prevent you from taking the test?
I answered No because I have used NARIC before and I am unsure if this comes under exceptional Circumstances. Is No the right answer?

3. The form has not asked me how I am proving my English with the option to choose NARIC. Where do I specify the NARIC information?

4. For Finances, my salary comes in Starling account and they provide stamped download of statements. Is this ok to show as salary evidence?

5. For Finances, my husband has printouts of his bank statement from his Santander bank app. Does he need get the printouts stamped by the bank?

Thank you,
Gurjeet

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET M form filling related to English Language

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 am

If you are under a spouse/family visa (NOT worker dependant or any other dependant visa) you should file SET(M). Your qualification period starts from the first date of entry to the UK, so you will be eligible for ILR 28 days before 3 June 2024.

If you provided NARIC before it will be on the UKVI system, so it will be noticed. Just upload the NARIC evidence but it must have been obtained under NARIC red route at B1 or above.

All digital evidence is now accepted, so no need to stamp anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gurjeetk
Newly Registered
India

Post by gurjeetk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am

Thank you for your reply! This helps a lot!
Apologies, I wrongly mentioned Set O, I am using Set M. Thanks for correcting.

Could you please help me know if my answers are correct for the following question...

SET M form Question 1 - Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?
I answered Yes (because I used NARIC while applying for SPOUSE/PARTNER Leave to Enter; SPOUSE/PARTNER Leave to Remain)
Question 2.1 - Exemption from the English language test -> Are you claiming an exemption from the English language test due to a medical or mental condition?
I answered No.
Question 2.2 - Do you have exceptional circumstances that prevent you from taking the test?
I answered No because I have used NARIC before and I am unsure if this comes under exceptional Circumstances. Is No the right answer? I may enter Yes and give information about NARIC?

Thank you,
Gurjeet

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 am

The answers you gave to those questions are OK. As I told you, just upload the NARIC
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

arshah
United Kingdom

Post by arshah » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 pm

gurjeetk wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am

I am in the same situatuon, , SET M form
Question 1 - Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application but when i choose YES for that questuon a box appearing with one more queatuon.
Questuon is like
Tell us the prevuous visa, entry clearence or leave to remain you had. What did you write in that as you didnt mention about this questuon . Pleaee kindly update me as HO websitr cant be asking different questuons when we say YES to the first question.
Thank you.
Hi,
I have a query related to filling Set(O) form (5 years).
I am married to a UK citizen. And I am on a spouse visa and applying for ILR.
While filling the form, I need help answering some questions.
Background:
I got visa starting from 5th may 2019. Entry in UK was 3rd June 2019. I believe we can apply for ILR 28 days before 5th may 2024.
Query:
1. During both initial leave to enter (Initial BRP) and leave to remain (BRP after 2.5 yrs), I used NARIC certificate to prove my English Language. For ILR, can we use the same NARIC certificate?
2. As I am filling the Set(M) online form, there is a sequence of questions where I have a doubt. Are my answers correct?
I answered No.
I answered No because I have used NARIC before and I am unsure if this comes under exceptional Circumstances. Is No the right answer?

3. The form has not asked me how I am proving my English with the option to choose NARIC. Where do I specify the NARIC information?

4. For Finances, my salary comes in Starling account and they provide stamped download of statements. Is this ok to show as salary evidence?

5. For Finances, my husband has printouts of his bank statement from his Santander bank app. Does he need get the printouts stamped by the bank?

Thank you,
Gurjeet

gurjeetk
Newly Registered
India

SET M Minimum financial requirement when worked for last 6 months

Post by gurjeetk » Mon May 13, 2024 11:42 pm

Hi,

I need guidance to clear my doubts regarding financial requirements for SET M application.
I am currently eligible to apply for ILR coming from almost 5 years Spouse visa married to British citizen.
Scenario: I got my first job last year which started on 15th Nov 2023. My annual salary is £36,000.
In the last 6 months payslips (Nov 23 to April 24), I have earned £16,746.

Question 1: Even though my annual salary is £36,000, but as I have earned £16,746 in last 6 months salary, do I still qualify to cover minimum annual threshold of £18,600? I read about part 1 and part 2 about annualised and total amount and that has confused me, so I need clarification on this please.

Question 2: I have obtained the employment confirmation letter from my employer. I have the download of all 6 payslips (from HR system) which are standard payslips having company name, gross, net, tax, NI number, my address, my name etc. Do I still need to get in writing from employer that these payslips are authentic? There are no stamp or signature, and the net amount does tally income in my bank statement.

Question 3: My bank is Starling which is where I get my salary. As it is not a high street bank, I can download the bank statements from the app which has an in-built stamp. Would this be ok as a bank statement document?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET M Minimum financial requirement when worked for last 6 months

Post by zimba » Tue May 14, 2024 1:05 am

1. The rules do not care about how much you earned in the last 6 months, it is all about gross annual pay. So if your pay is above the threshold then you have nothing to worry. The guide says:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual
salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore,
the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary
received during the 6-month period.
2. No. Search for 'Salaried and non-salaried employment: specified evidence' in the guide.

3. All digital evidence is accepted

The guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf