ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Sheffield PEO, HSMP JR Applicant with 210 day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolwater267

ILR Success at Sheffield PEO, HSMP JR Applicant with 210 day

Post by coolwater267 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 am

Hi All,

First of all good news I got ILR on 27th Jan 2010 under HSMP (JR). Secondly thank you to this great forum and all the people who helped me in answering to all the questions I posted. I am really grateful to all of you.

Previous Story:

I got HSMP on 16 Jan 2006 and landed in UK on 21st Jan 2006. I have been in employment all my time in UK. I was out of UK for 210 days in total. My wife joined me in April 2009. She also got ILR with me. You can find all the details of previous communication on this link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &highlight

PEO Experience.

I got appointment in Sheffield although I live in London but I decided to go for it. I was afraid that they might change the fee or something.

Anyways I got the appointment for 27th Jan at 10.00am. I reached there at 9.40am. After airport style security check by very pleasant security staff. We were told to go to the reception. (It was bit difficult to see the reception with the rest of the windows. So be careful and ask if not sure. There arrangement is not that good). When I reached reception, luckily there was no queue. Very pleasant lady asked me the reason for my arrival. When I told her the reason, she checked my name on the system and then on the list in front of her. She issued me with a number and told me to wait for being called.
After waiting for 10 mins my number was called. (Time of being called exactly 10.00am) I went to see a lady who asked me for the form, pictures and passport only. I gave her them. I gave her 2 pictures each but she gave me one picture back saying she needs one picture only. After going through my passport she inquired about my previous passport. I told her that I lost them and offered to provide the copies of the 2 previous passports + visa. She took them. After spending 2-3 mins reading the form and checking on the system my absentees from UK and my total time in UK (She told me that she checked that weather I am eligible for the application or not on the system). She asked to provide any letter from employer for my business absences. I did that (I had about 140 days abroad on business. I can provided a format of letter if someone needs it). Then she asked me if I have pay slips and bank statements. I gave are 3 previous pay slips and bank statements. (I asked her if she needs more but she said that’s fine). I also gave her all P60s I had. I also gave her employer letter.

Then she told me that my application is fine and she will forward it to the case worker. She told me that I should pay at the cashier and gave me all the documents back with their check list. I went to the cashier. I paid her the fee (me plus one dependent). She took all the documents off me and told me that she will give it to the case worker and I should wait. (Time of payment 10.19am).

After waiting for about 20 mins, my number was called. A guy told me that he will be dealing with my case. He wanted to inquire about my lost passport. I told him I lost it 2 years ago and I have already provided copies. He looked satisfied from my answer and went away.

After waiting for another 25 mins, my case worker called me again. This time he told me that they are happy with the application and are going to issue me ILR. He told me to wait for 20-30 mins and they will give me my passport back at reception. After 15 mins my number was called at reception, a lovely lady gave me and my wife’s passport back with ILR stamped page open. She asked me to check the spellings and date of birth. I did that then she gave me all the original documents back and asked to check them. I did that and thanked her.

So by 11.20 am I had my ILR issued and passport back in my pocket. The whole procedure took 1 hr and 40 mins. Everyone was very polite and helpful. I had great experience.

Here is the list of documents I submitted with my application.

1. ILT SET (O) Form
2. 2 Passports (1 + 1dependet)
3. 2 pictures (2 each for me and wife) 1 was returned)
4. Payslips = 3 months (Latest 3)
5. Bank statements = 3 months (Latest 3)
6. Letter from employer for absences
7. Letter from employer (current)
8. All P60s ( 1 P45)
9. Copies for passport + visa for lost Passport

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you once again for the great forum and great people who replies to queries.

Regards

Coolwater

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 am

Congrats!!

I had sent you a PM but perhaps you haven't checked.

My query is with regards to your spouse's EC. Could you please let me know if the vignette stamped in your spouse's passport at the time of Entry Clearance (from home country as HSMP dependent) says HSMP dependent or Tier 1 (General) dependent or something else? And, if you still remember, did she use the VAF10 or VAF2 form for the EC application?

Thanks in advance.

regards

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 am

Hi sushdmehta,

Thanks.
Her stamp says HSMP dependent. She used VAF 10 form. Please can you also check the form bit with someone else.

One more thing, one of my friends wife was issued with visa from Pakistan and it says: Type; Visa to Join spouse/CP.
He is on HSMP (JR)

I hope this helps.

Coolwater

gd_chandrasekar

Re: ILR Success at Sheffield PEO, HSMP JR Applicant with 210

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 am

Hi coolwater

congrats for getting ILR..

I need a favour, could you pls mail be the employer letter for absense in UK and also the current employer letter.

I have left a private message with my email id.

Thanks in advance

srm
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by srm » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi

Congrats for your ILR

Can you send me the template which you had used for Employee letter thru PM

Were you paid in UK during that time and did you gave those pay slips uring that time along with your application

thanks

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Coolwater

Thanks for the doc mate. Could you pls send me the template for the business related out of country?

Janisblue
Newly Registered

Letter

Post by Janisblue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi there!!
Congratulations to you and your wife!

Can you please PLEASE please send me your Employee Letter and your COVER Letter please?

Is you absences totally 210 days with the Weekends?

I am on self-employed but I am trying to collect letters from my Clients in the UK about my absences.

Thanks very much indeed.

ALL THE VERY BEST WISHES
Janis

coolwater267

Re: Letter

Post by coolwater267 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 pm

I will send you the letter through PM. Yes 210 days include weekend and bank holidays.
Janisblue wrote:Hi there!!

Can you please PLEASE please send me your Employee Letter and your COVER Letter please?

I am on self-employed but I am trying to collect letters from my Clients in the UK about my absences.

Thanks very much indeed.

ALL THE VERY BEST WISHES
Janis

rajivbravo
Newly Registered

Re: Letter

Post by rajivbravo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:08 pm

I am in the queue as well ... please PM me too :)
coolwater267 wrote:I will send you the letter through PM. Yes 210 days include weekend and bank holidays.
Janisblue wrote:Hi there!!

Thanks very much indeed.

ALL THE VERY BEST WISHES
Janis

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Posted by OP: Employment letter format for ILR

regards

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi congrats,
As you have been to Cardiff PEO, i have an appointment in same PEO
I have a question to you pls. As i want to apply in person soon pls tell me will HO check your documents in first step or not if so will they advise you about any documents needed or not qualified yet kind of ...things before you pay your fee.

Cause as i might not be eligible in some cases or might be ..if they do advise after checking documents to go ahead for paying fee only i want to go ahead for applying as it cost too much , please could you tell me if this happens or not?

thanks in advance

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:52 am

Hi bpandrate,
First of all I applied to Sheffield PEO not Cardiff. Yes they check you documents first then they ask you to make payment.

I hope this helps

gvamsimba

Post by gvamsimba » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Congrats on getting ILR Coolwater,can you please email me
the employer letter format for business absenses outside the UK ?
my email is gvamsimba@gmail.com

Many Thanks

skat
Newly Registered

Post by skat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Congratulations on your successful ILR Coolwater. Can you please send the employer letter format for business absences outside the UK through private message?

Many Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 pm

skat wrote:Congratulations on your successful ILR Coolwater. Can you please send the employer letter format for business absences outside the UK through private message?

Many Thanks in advance
Check "sticky".

regards

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:20 am

Dear Coolwater

Please could you confirm that your caseworker asked for your point 7 relating to letter from employer.

As i understand it, applicants for ILR under HSMP JR have not been asked to provide this as per the application set (o) form.

I have an apptmt on on Friday 26 March. And will not be supplying this so just wanted to make sure.

Many thanks

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi,
I remember he asked me and I provided him the letter.
He asked me about my work status and when I said yes he asked me for any proof. So I provided him the letter

I hope this helps.

Best of luck

Regards

dajumper wrote:Dear Coolwater

Please could you confirm that your caseworker asked for your point 7 relating to letter from employer.

As i understand it, applicants for ILR under HSMP JR have not been asked to provide this as per the application set (o) form.

I have an apptmt on on Friday 26 March. And will not be supplying this so just wanted to make sure.

Many thanks

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 am