ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application for kids born outside uk.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

immigrant4
Newly Registered

Citizenship application for kids born outside uk.

Post by immigrant4 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:46 am

Hi John and other Geeks here,

My citizenship application is due in October and I have few doubts in my mind which I would like you guys to help me with.

I came to UK on 18th Oct 2005 on HSMP visa and due date for my citizenship application is 17th Oct 2010 (got ILR September 2009).

My Wife with one daughter joined me on 21st May 2006 and stayed with me off and on until April 2007 and gone back to home country to give birth to my 2nd daughter who born on 3rd January 2008.

After obtaining the dependent visa for my new born daughter in home country, my wife joined me again in may 2008 and gone back to home country with both daughters in later that year for approx 5 months and return in April 2009. Since then she and daughters are living with me (realizing that those many absences from UK will cause trouble later on). Now my question is, I understand my wife cannot apply with me for citizenship as she joined me 6 months late and then stayed outside UK for long intervals, I am wondering if my daughters can apply at the same time as I do. Are kids exempted from absences rules? At the time of my application in October, My elder daughter will be 4 yr and 8months old and younger will 2 yr and 10 months old. Please note all of us got the ILR in Sept 2009.

I hope someone here would be able to help me. If someone here is/was in same situation?

Many thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:06 pm

It's Subject to discretion (3(1)).

I think that your daughters may apply for citizenship with you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

immigrant4
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant4 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 am

vinny wrote:It's Subject to discretion (3(1)).

I think that your daughters may apply for citizenship with you.
Thanks vinny for your quick response. Do you know if someone else on this forum had similar case and successfully registered the child?

Cheers