ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sec5a: Whats the pro and con of declaring wife travel plan?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cavin79
Newly Registered

Sec5a: Whats the pro and con of declaring wife travel plan?

Post by cavin79 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:16 pm

I am applying to Tier 1 general under PBS and am married. I also have a daughter.
I plan to apply Tier 1 for myself and when I get a job I'll call over my wife and daughter by applying their Tier 1 Dependent. In my from What should I say to the question
Is your partner accompanying you or joining later? Yes/No

What If I say yes to this and write in additional info that she will come once I settle in the country> Is there ant drawback to this? And what If I plainly refuse for now will it affect her visa application later?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Sec5a: Whats the pro and con of declaring wife travel pl

Post by push » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:18 pm

cavin79 wrote:I am applying to Tier 1 general under PBS and am married. I also have a daughter.
I plan to apply Tier 1 for myself and when I get a job I'll call over my wife and daughter by applying their Tier 1 Dependent. In my from What should I say to the question
Is your partner accompanying you or joining later? Yes/No

What If I say yes to this and write in additional info that she will come once I settle in the country> Is there ant drawback to this? And what If I plainly refuse for now will it affect her visa application later?
State what is true which is she is not accompanying you "NOW" but will be joining you later. Hope you clearly understand the meaning of "Settle" here (it will take you at least 5 years to settle in UK as per current rules)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer