ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR at PEO Croydon on 4th May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR at PEO Croydon on 4th May

Post by Ambassador » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for ILR in SET(O) with my wife and daughter at PEO Croydon on 4th May. My status is WP (1.5 year) + HSMP + Tier1 (General). I am planning to submit the following documents:
1. Filled SET(O) form with photographs and passports
2. A Covering letter
3. 18 months payslip to cover the WP period - they have the company name but no address or phone number
4. 4 years P60 to cover HSMP + Tier1(General) period
5. Original stamped WP.
6. Original HSMP approval letter.
7. Last 12 months bank statements for income proof (along with P60)
8. Council tax bill in joint name with my wife for cohabitation

Can somebody please guide me on the following issue I now have:

The company I worked for in my first year (Feb2006 - August 2007) is now closed. I am not able to trace down their telephone number.
I was planning to put down the contact details of all my previous and current employer in the covering letter. Should I still mention the old phone number and address of the closed company in the covering letter? Their old address is in the original WP but no phone number.

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Thu May 05, 2011 11:02 am

I got my ILR stamped along with my wife and 2 year old daughter at PEO Croydon yesterday !!

Everything went smoothly for me. I am describing in details the procedure and application for other members to benefit.

We have booked the appointment for 1:30 PM of 4th May 2011. We were told to arrive at 1pm. The Lunar house is very close to West Croydon station. We arrived at 12:40. They let us in immediately. There was a security check at first. After that a staff asked if we are making a premium application. Mine was a premium application in SET(O). So they send us to counter 5 in the ground floor immediately for initial check.

The person in the counter took my passport and application form. He asked me on what basis I am making the application. I told him it is WP+HSMP+Tier1(general). He then searched records in the computer and told me it is WP+WP+HSMP+Tier1(general). Then he asked me if my salary has gone up always. I answered yes. Then he asked me if my wife has always applied with me. I told him yes first but then remembered that in the last Tier1(general) application, my wife has applied separately for entry clearance from India. So I told him that. Then he asked me if I have all the P60s. I told him yes. He asked me if my holidays don't exceed 6 months. I told him yes and in no occasion it exceeds 3 months. He then stamped the application as Valid, gave us a token number and send us to the first floor for payment.

We went to the first floor. One lady directed us to the payment section on the left. There were no queues. One lady in the counter took the payment with a smile. I had to part with £2700 with pain. I paid with my credit card. The fee for dependants has increased so much. That is £1350 for myself and £675 each for my wife and 2 year old daughter as well :(
We decided to go for the premium application over the postal to save us time and also to keep things in our hand when rules (and fees) are changing so fast. I missed the fee increase in April. I could have applied in March, that would have cost us £1950 :oops:

Anyway we then went to the waiting area in the same floor. We kept on waiting past our appointment time. There were two boards where token numbers waiting are displayed. They were announcing the number called. The place is ok but not very tidy. There is drinking water facility and a coffee shop in the 2nd floor.

We were frustrated when nobody called us even at 2:15, so I went to counter 22 to enquire. The lady in the counter told us that they were running 2 hours late, but things are getting faster after lunch. So we kept on waiting. Finally at around 2:40 we were called to a counter.

The British lady in the counter asked for my application form and passport.
I gave the application form, passports and the detailed covering letter I was carrying.
She then told me to give all the supporting documents. I gave her our life in UK pass certificate, payslips from my first year, previous 4 years P60, last 12 months bank statements, last three months payslip copy certified by my employer [my employer gives online payslips only], original WP, original HSMP approval letter, 6 council tax bill in my name and my wife’s name. She checked the documents quickly and gave me back the first years payslip, six months bank statements telling me that she will not require them. Then she asked me if I am carrying any employer letter. I was not carrying any employer letter specifically for this purpose. It's not mentioned anywhere in the application form :? But luckily I was carrying all the letter my employer gave me -- from the appointment letter to the yearly salary review letter.
I told her that and gave all those to her. She picked up my salary review letter of 2010 and gave back all the others to me, telling that letter is perfectly fine. I told her that one is old and I have the 2011 salary review letter as well. She then took that, searched for my salary in that and took that as well. I think she was looking for any letter from current employer with salary in that.
She then told us to wait in the waiting area or we could go to the coffee shop upstairs or also can leave the building and come back. She will call us again with the decision after an hour. We then went upstairs to the coffee shop, eat some of the foods we carried with us and use the baby changing room. My overall impression on the caseworker is that she is polite, helpful but tough with the checks she does.

I was confident with my application, but was worried with two facts.
1) My previous employer is now closed.
2) My wife is not living continuously with me for the last two years. She lived with me in UK for 3 years, then was absent from UK for 1 year and then again she is living with me for the past one year.
The rule says your partner should be in UK for two years with you, not last two years :)

After an hour she called us again and informed that my application is perfectly fine, Settlement is granted :!: She gave back all the documents excepting passport and told us that our passport will have the new endorsement with ILR and we will be called to collect them from counter 22. We waited happily for some more time and collected the passports when called, checked the ILR stamp, date of birth in them and left the building to the adjacent shopping centre to celebrate :lol:
Last edited by Ambassador on Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu May 05, 2011 11:20 am

A very big congratsssssss!!! :D Good luck with your new status and no more worries about visa and Home office... :P

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 am

Well done you. 8)

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu May 05, 2011 12:35 pm

One thing I dont understand is that why do they need salary review letter. Is it a requirement that the salary should go up every year? My salary has gone up by a littile bit becouse of job change but I get it via performance related bonus pay. Does it mean its going to be a problem? I am worried here. All though the kind of work that I am doing has imporved but my salary hasnt gone up significantly ( and only in bounus pay) will this effect my ILR?

Also what time did they considered when they awareded the age points.
Is it HSMP approval letter date or HSMP Visa Date?
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 pm

I think they just want to double check your salary with a company letter. That is already their in my P60 but still she requested a letter from employer.
I think you don't need to worry about your salary going up or down as long you are able to get point and pass the 75 mark requirement.
The rules should be the same when you last applied :) Same for age. For qualification and age, you should receive the same point as in your previous application.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Ambassador wrote:I think they just want to double check your salary with a company letter. That is already their in my P60 but still she requested a letter from employer.
I think you don't need to worry about your salary going up or down as long you are able to get point and pass the 75 mark requirement.
Thanks for the quick reply. That was very useful.
The rules should be the same when you last applied :) Same for age. For qualification and age, you should receive the same point as in your previous application.
In my case , Age points would be different if you consider HSMP Letter application date to HSMP VISA application date. Meaning I might not score 75 points. Also on the Form and UKBA website its not clear which date to consider. So could you please share which date did they took then calculating the age? HSMP Letter Application or HSMP Visa Application.

Thanks for sharing. I know above question has been asked by many on this forum and would be a great help to them as well.
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Thu May 05, 2011 4:06 pm

I have claimed no points for age. But strongly think that you will get the same point for age as you were awarded in your HSMP application.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu May 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Ambassador wrote:I have claimed no points for age. But strongly think that you will get the same point for age as you were awarded in your HSMP application.
Brill. Thanks

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 06, 2011 5:04 am

Hello Ambassador

First of all Congratulations to you for getting ILR! :lol:

did you book appointment online using their website? if yes then do we have to book it for the main applicant and all depends who are on the application or only for applicant and people who will be there with him on the day?

for example, I too am in the similar situation like you, i.e i have two dependents. My Wife and 2 yrs old baby. I was thinking of going on my own is it would be boring for baby to be there as there is noting much to do for her and one cannot guarantee how much time it would take for this process. So my question is when making online booking do i have to include them in the booking as the FAQ online is not very clear. Also if i include them is it possible for me to not take them with me when i go for appointment?

Also you said that you had a covering letter. can you please share the letter with us here on the forum?

Once again many congratulations to you all!

riojamel

Hello Ambassador

Post by riojamel » Fri May 06, 2011 9:15 am

Hello Ambassador
MANY MANY CONGRATS ON UR ILR
MATE I WILL BE APPLYING WITH MY WIFE IN JULY 2011
I M ON OLD WORKPERMIT 2006
I HAVE LAST ALL P60
ALL BANK STATEMENTS
ALL PAYSLIPS
WILL HAVE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
MY HOUSE CONTRACT
MINE MY MY WIFES MEDICAL CARD
OUR ELECTORAL CARDS AND LETTERS
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
MY WORK PERMIT
DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE
I CHECKED ON UKBA ABOUT CODES OF PRACTICE
DOES IT MATE ANY DIFFERENCE ON MY APPLICATION
DO I NEED TO WORRY ANYTHING ELSE
PLEASE HELP
THANKS

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Fri May 06, 2011 9:45 am

DOES IT MATE ANY DIFFERENCE ON MY APPLICATION
DO I NEED TO WORRY ANYTHING ELSE
I have applied under WP+HSMP+Tier1(General). Please look into the other posts in the forum for peoples experience with old work permit.
did you book appointment online using their website? if yes then do we have to book it for the main applicant and all depends who are on the application or only for applicant and people who will be there with him on the day?
You have to book appointent for yourself and all your dependants, including your 2 year old baby. Even they need to attend PEO with you :evil: although they don't ask any question to dependants.
Last edited by Ambassador on Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi...I'm in a similar situation like you. My wife stayed with me in UK for 2 years and 2 weeks before travelling outside UK for maternity...she was out of UK for 1 year and for the last 6 months, she's in UK.

1. What are the co-habitation documents you submitted apart from council tax bill?

2. Did you mention your wife's abcense from UK in the covering letter?
3. Did the case worker enquire about your wife's abcense?

Thanks

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Fri May 06, 2011 12:51 pm

1. What are the co-habitation documents you submitted apart from council tax bill?
Seven council tax letters in joint name covering more than two years and a Private medical insurance letter showing I am covered with my wife and daughter.
2. Did you mention your wife's abcense from UK in the covering letter?
No. I wrote the following:
Dependants
My wife and daughter is also applying with me in this application. My wife has lived with me in UK for more than two years. She was granted leave as partner in all the previous applications. As proof of cohabitation in UK, I have submitted seven letters from “<Council name>â€

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 am

Ambassador wrote: You have to book appointent for yourself and all your dependants, including your 2 year old baby. Even they need to attend PEO with you :evil: although they don't ask any question to dependants.
Hello Ambassador,

Thanks a lot for info. Can you please share the covering letter you drafted for the application?
Also you said that you had seven documents for co-habitation from Souncil.. which are these documents.. i am living here for so long now and only have council tax doc from council.. what else you had?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Regards,
manya..

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Sun May 08, 2011 12:47 pm

I have changed address. So has the extra letters from council.
You don't have to worry about the numbers. Only the letters should cover two years.
I will post a template of the covering letter in this thread.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun May 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Ambassador wrote:I have changed address. So has the extra letters from council.
You don't have to worry about the numbers. Only the letters should cover two years.
Thank you for information Ambassador. I shall await for the template.. Appreciate all the help here.

Regards,
Manya..

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 pm

1. Filled SET(O) form with photographs and passports
2. A Covering letter
3. 18 months payslip to cover the WP period - they have the company name but no address or phone number
5. Original stamped WP.
6. Original HSMP approval letter.
7. Last 12 months bank statements for income proof (along with P60)
8. Council tax bill in joint name with my wife for cohabitation
Hi,

I see you provided #8. Council tax bill in joint name as proof of cohabitation. Was that the only proof you provided; or did you carry any other proof of cohabitation?

Did they bother much about this?

KR
PG

VoipGuru
Newly Registered

sample covering letter

Post by VoipGuru » Sun May 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Ambassador wrote:I have changed address. So has the extra letters from council.
Could you please give me the sample covering letter. Many Thanks. Saran

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 pm

I see you provided #8. Council tax bill in joint name as proof of cohabitation. Was that the only proof you provided; or did you carry any other proof of cohabitation?

Did they bother much about this?
Yes that is the only proof of cohabitation I provided. I think they are not very strict with cohabitation proof as long as your partner was awarded leave as dependant before.

akash08

Re: Applying for ILR at PEO Croydon on 4th May

Post by akash08 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Ambassador wrote:Hello,

I will be applying for ILR in SET(O) with my wife and daughter at PEO Croydon on 4th May. My status is WP (1.5 year) + HSMP + Tier1 (General). I am planning to submit the following documents:
Hi ambasador,

many thanks for sharing your experience. As I understand you did not have P60 for the WP period and you carried payslips instad (which wr returned to you). However, you mentioned that at the counter you said you have all P60.

Can you please elaborate? did you have all P60? Just trying to find out if it is required as I do not have P60 for the WP period.

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I did have all the P60s, but submitted the payslip from the WP period.My payslip showed the expenses + salary and hence I thought would be a better document. The caseworker returned back the payslip and didn't asked for the P60 for the first year.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Ambassador wrote:I did have all the P60s, but submitted the payslip from the WP period.My payslip showed the expenses + salary and hence I thought would be a better document. The caseworker returned back the payslip and didn't asked for the P60 for the first year.
you said you have 5 P60. But i am not sure how have you managed to get the p60 for year ended on 5th Apr 2011

did you get the p60 for year ended on 5th Apr 2011? as it will be out only by end of this month.
I am struggling with this as i do not have the p60 yet and when i asked my company they said that it will be there with you by 31st may but we cannot guarantee when. will that be a problem.

The lady in accounts says i can get you the certificate of earnings for this year if that helps but i am not sure.

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 pm

My company gave the P60 for 2011 on 27th April. It depends on the company how fast they can process the P60.
A letter from company with your salary figure will certainly help if you don't have the P60.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 am

Ambassador wrote:My company gave the P60 for 2011 on 27th April. It depends on the company how fast they can process the P60.
A letter from company with your salary figure will certainly help if you don't have the P60.
I see what you mean.. I am speaking to accounts for getting my P60 so thanks for letting me know.

Last favor from you mate! can you please send me the draft of the covering letter that you used? it would be great help if you can!