ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Premium Service from 15-08-2011

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jimmyharris
BANNED

EEA Premium Service from 15-08-2011

Post by jimmyharris » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 am

Good News for all EEA Route Applicant.

EEA Route Premium services will be starting from next month 15-08-2011.
EEA1 will be processed free as it is now but
EEA2,3,4and dependants will be charged £300 not for application cost but to be served for the same day (Only Straight Forward Applications).

Best Of LUCK.

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Premium Service from 15-08-2011

Post by Mrfantastic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:27 pm

i've just checked on ukba website and couldn't find a link to the news u've just given, how do u know the service will start august? could you please post a link to verify/confirm this. thanks

WONDERLUSTI
Newly Registered

Post by WONDERLUSTI » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 pm

where did you read this, the UKBA website makes no reference to this, as i understand, it is on hold as there have been a number of legal challenges, to this proposal.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:37 pm

I was thinking the same. The last we heard was on the 29 June, when it was stated that updates will be provided in due course.

I believe the UK will have to make regulations, in order to bring this policy to life. There is no proposal on the table for this as yet, added to the fact that they have to sought approval from the European Commission or law makers, on whether this will be compatible with community law or not.

In the absence of concrete evidence, i will advice viewer or potential postal applicant to ignore this, and carry on with the on going policy.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jimmyharris
BANNED

Post by jimmyharris » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:12 pm

We got this info. in fax.

Fax was received yesterday.

They might have not updated yet on their web-site.

But it is confirmed.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I voiced my opinion about this various times, and it hasn't changed.

Straightforward applications should normally be decided (via the existing postal procedure) within say two weeks, a month at the very most. Other EU countries manage to do that, why not UK?

Because of a (deliberate?) lack of resources there is a big backlog, and hence a market for this extortionate premium service.

By the way, how should one decide if an application is straightforward? What if you submitted your application, paid the fee, and then for some reason during the processing it is considered to be not straightforward: will you then get your money back?

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Post by Mrfantastic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:00 pm

jimmyharris wrote:We got this info. in fax.

But it is confirmed.
jimmyharris did u ask for this information through 'freedom of information' from the homeoffice? just trying to work out how you come across receiving a fax from ukba, well it goes both ways...some people might like this premium service as it saves them time and hassle having to send their passport away for months whereas they can just pay £300 and have the application dealt with in a day and also save confusions when it comes to applying for British citizenship because they can apply 12months from the date of issue of the PR and not having to send loads of payslips and p60s....and other might not like this idea at all because this might slow down postal applications as ukba might not have enough staffs to deal with the postal services having staffs focus on the premium services anyway we'll see if this is true.

alekos

Post by alekos » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:55 pm

fysicus wrote:I voiced my opinion about this various times, and it hasn't changed.

Straightforward applications should normally be decided (via the existing postal procedure) within say two weeks, a month at the very most. Other EU countries manage to do that, why not UK
I still don't know why it can't be done in the Register Office. They do Births, Marriage, Deaths Certificates, merely confirming what has already happened. Residence Cards are a confirmation of a right. :evil:
Thank you everyone in this forum.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Mrfantastic wrote:also save confusions when it comes to applying for British citizenship because they can apply 12months from the date of issue of the PR and not having to send loads of payslips and p60s....
This is wrong.

You can apply for British citizenship one year after you get PR. This is typically 5+1 years after you arrive in the UK.

That can be very different from when you get a PR Card. You normally get the card a few months after whenever you apply for it (which is after you have PR).

Note that you do not need to have a PR Card to apply for British Citizenship.

31gstonepark
Newly Registered

Post by 31gstonepark » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 pm

how and when can I book an appointment for the EEA Route Premium services?? i think it could be easier rather than waiting for half a year for a response. my application took like 8 months to be considered. and it was a straightforward one. thank you fr info in advance. xx

siddiqr

Post by siddiqr » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:00 pm

khan2015

Post by khan2015 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:41 am

But it is confirmed.
Thanks mate.If you have no problem can you please post that fax on this forum so that would be great.In order to understand,yes at last its going to be implemented.Many Thanks

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Post by Mrfantastic » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:57 am

But it is confirmed.
if this information is true (i'm not saying it isn't) i would imagine the ukba to have updated their website telling people about this a month before it's meant to be implemented. i thought people are meant to book well in advance when applying at one of the peo's office.

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:15 pm

i suggest jimmyharris should refrain from undocumented, bogus, misleading and vague information on this board. If you cant prove anything, dont say it.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

dotsystem wrote:i suggest jimmyharris should refrain from undocumented, bogus, misleading and vague information on this board. If you cant prove anything, dont say it.
Any update on this info,
If it really gonna start next month

Qman

Post by Qman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 am

If you notice, jimmyharris has been banned from the site... this could be due to him being a wind up merchant who just wanted to get everyone's hopes up. Or he might have done something else to get banned, we'll never know. So take anything he said with a pinch of salt, especially when he was asked for evidence and couldn't provide any.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 am

Please continue in existing thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.