ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish Visa Delayed?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Spanish Visa Delayed?

Post by scott_uk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:30 am

Hello,

We are due to fly on 1st of September to Spain for 5 day holidays with my British partner. But I still haven't received my visa yet. I am wondering if somebody can tell me what to do? Can i travel without my visa since my partner is joining me in Spain. And as a Spouse of EU National they should allow me to travel.

13th August- got my appointment/ documents submitted
1st September- flight

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm

You should be able travel to Spain w/out a Schengen visa and with your EU spouse in tow. Take with you your marriage cert., valid passport with UK residence permit/visa and the spanish translation of the EU Directive.

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Plum70 wrote:You should be able travel to Spain w/out a Schengen visa and with your EU spouse in tow. Take with you your marriage cert., valid passport with UK residence permit/visa and the spanish translation of the EU Directive.
although they discourage it and dont want to take a risk,but is it really possible?I guess this directive is not really being practised well by the spanish embassy.

D'ya know where can i download EU directive in spanish translation?

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:36 pm

4 days left, please help. I haven't got my visa yet.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Spanish Visa Delayed?

Post by ca.funke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:19 pm

scott_uk wrote:...We are due to fly...

...since my partner is joining me in Spain...
Sorry for pettifogging: Are the two of you flying together, or is your partner joining you in Spain?
  • If you plan to go first and "have-your-partner-join-you", you would need a visa.
  • If the two of you fly together, or "you-join-your-partner", you can legally go:
As an EU-family-member you may travel to Spain >>with a residence card (only)<< or even >>without any visa<<.

There was a similar case >>here<<.

Good luck and enjoy the sun :!:

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm

ca.funke wrote:
scott_uk wrote:...We are due to fly...

...since my partner is joining me in Spain...
Sorry for pettifogging: Are the two of you flying together, or is your partner joining you in Spain?
  • If you plan to go first and "have-your-partner-join-you", you would need a visa.
  • If the two of you fly together, or "you-join-your-partner", you can legally go:
As an EU-family-member you may travel to Spain >>with a residence card (only)<< or even >>without any visa<<.

There was a similar case >>here<<.

Good luck and enjoy the sun :!:

hiya ca.funke,

thanks for the response. we're flying together, and gonna stay for 7 nights.
spanish consulate got my passport?or should i collect them before our flight?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:39 pm

scott_uk wrote:...should i collect them before our flight...
Without passport you won´t go anywhere, thus I recommend collecting your passport as late as possible, with or without visa.

If you have a visa, this will be a smooth ride.

Otherwise stick to this advice:

>>with your british residence card (only)<< /// >>without anything<<

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Anyone here have had experience of travelling in Spain without a visa? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm taking a risk to travel to spain today(23:40pm) without a visa. I went to spanish Consulate this morning hoping they'll issue my visa and give consideration, but unluckily they're not very helpful at all. they gave back all the documents that i submitted to them including my passport. So wish me luck guy. :(

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi scott_uk,

I do hope that you have the documents with you, that I repeatedly quoted?

Good luck, and please give us feedback how it went!

(Hopefully) Enjoy the sun :!:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Probably too late, but read: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

You also might want to go to Germany next time. Easy efficient visa application process, and nice place!

Please let us know how it went.

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 pm

right.just a short one------ i just got back from our lovely holiday. when we arrived at the airport(Spain), one of the crew took me straight to aiport security. First thing they asked if i have got a visa. Since i travelled without a visa I showed them my uk residency, original marriage contract, wedding pictures, and copy of directive both in english and spanish and they let me in.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:25 pm

scott_uk wrote:right.just a short one------ i just got back from our lovely holiday. when we arrived at the airport(Spain), one of the crew took me straight to aiport security. First thing they asked if i have got a visa. Since i travelled without a visa I showed them my uk residency, original marriage contract, wedding pictures, and copy of directive both in english and spanish and they let me in.
That is excellent news. Very risky I would have thought, but brilliant they let you through. Sorry to hijack the thread, but what would happen if they refused someone entry? Would they be deported from Spain?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Monifé wrote:
scott_uk wrote:right.just a short one------ i just got back from our lovely holiday. when we arrived at the airport(Spain), one of the crew took me straight to aiport security. First thing they asked if i have got a visa. Since i travelled without a visa I showed them my uk residency, original marriage contract, wedding pictures, and copy of directive both in english and spanish and they let me in.
That is excellent news. Very risky I would have thought, but brilliant they let you through. Sorry to hijack the thread, but what would happen if they refused someone entry? Would they be deported from Spain?
Risky - These days it would probably go smoothly.

Previously (2 or 3 years ago) there was a thread about a UK citizen traveling with his South American wife. Spanish immigration at Madrid airport refused to let them in (though they had a marriage certificate) and deported her (he went too!).

They sued but somehow did not have "acceptable" evidence that he was traveling with her. So the suit went nowhere.

It made me think it is worth getting written refusal which acknowledges the presence of the EU spouse. Or record the whole refusal process. Or take photos of the couple with documents before going through immigration processing....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 pm

scott_uk wrote:when we arrived at the airport(Spain), one of the crew took me straight to aiport security.
So the airplane crew knew you did not have the required visa, but let you on in any case? Which airline and did you have any hassle before boarding?

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 pm

We travelled with easyjet, everything went really well to be honest. i handed over my passort and took me at airport security.

(conversation)
Crew: did u bring your tourist visa?
Me: No. but got all what you need. Got my uk residence card, marriage contract and a copy of directive.
Crew: how long you and your partner will be staying here?
Me: 7 nights
Crew: (checking all my documents) after a 5 minutes of questioning they sent through.

pure luck i guess, as the crew dont speak much english Lol.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 pm

What exactly is your UK documentation? Do you have a Residence Card for the family member of an EU citizen, or do you have a UK specific thing like ILR?
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott_uk
Newly Registered

Post by scott_uk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Uk spouse visa(further leave to remain)that is all really