ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Indefinite Leave To Remain Via Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fimboz

Help Indefinite Leave To Remain Via Long Residence

Post by fimboz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 pm

I am considering applying for indefinite leave to remain via long residence and need advise on how to go about it. I came to the UK on 16 March 1998 on a visitors visa that was converted to a three year student visa. In 2002 I got a 5 year work permit visa that expired in 2007. I applied for indefinite leave to remain that was denied by the home office. In 2009 I the applied for asylum and in 2010 this application was denied. In November 2010 I made a fresh asylum claim that was denied by the UKBA. In March 2011 I made a further submissions and I was granted a 3 year discretionary leave. If you assess my timeline you will notice that I have been here for 14 yrs both legal and illegal. Now do the rules allow me to apply for indefinite leave to remain or do I have to wait for another six years? How do I go about my case?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:58 am

See also Long Residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.