ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Set(M) - 23rd March

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

ILR on Set(M) - 23rd March

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi All,

I am a constant reader of the forum (wish Set(M) was listed separate from Set(O)) as difficult to read through all Set(O) to find what you are looking for, but enjoy reading about other users experiences.

I have PEO appointment in Croydon on 23d March for Set(M) app, my details as follows :

Arrived UK December 2008 on UK Ancestry (British husband arrived same time as me)
Switched in country April 2010 to Spousal (married since 2007) and can now apply for ILR. Documents I have are :

* Passports x 3
* Photos
* BRP for myself and my daughter
* Marriage certificates
* Daughters birth certificate (16 yrs old)
* 2 x tenancy agreements (from April 2010 to present) both our names
* Council tax statements covering 2 year period for both addresses (both names)
* Husbands Bank statements (all to same address)
* My bank statements (all to same address)
* Random bank correspondence - all three banks
* Thames water for both addresses covering 2 years (husbands name)
* E-on and British Gas for both addresses covering 2 years (both names)
* TV Licence for 2 years in my name
* Sky TV statements in my name
* Talk Talk statements in my name
* Household insurance in my name
* P60s and P45s and random HMRC letters for 2 years for both of us
* Child Benefit paperwork (husband is claiming)
* Husband's payslips for 2 years (althought missing April 2010)
* My payslips for 2 years
* All employment contracts for 2 years for both of us
* Husband - mobile phone statements, Argos statements,
* Me - mobile phone statements and NHS letters
* For my daughter and I - various corrrespondence from UKBA
* Letters from daughters school confirming a pupil and letter confirming acceptance into Sixth Form for September 2012
* Letter from HRMC for my daughters NI card
* Pass Notification Letter for Life in the UK test for me (daughter under 18)
* Bankers Draft
* Completed SET(M) version 02/2012
* Confirmation of PEO appointment

Is there anything else i need to present. All correspondence is addressed to our home over the 2 year period.

All papers are in 3 lever arch files with dividers for each company. I don't have the facility to make such a huge amount of photocopies and my previous experience at Croydon in April 2010 when I took photocopies of everything was disheartening as they only took a few of the copies and I had paid to have them done and ended up having to carry the heavy bag and then having to shred all the copies. I am thinking of taking copies of passports and birth and marriage certificates only as I know they will request only a couple of items out of the files - will this be ok??

I will also be applying for BC immediately after ILR is granted as I have been here for more than 3 years.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

C. :D

chrisrich

Re: ILR on Set(M) - 23rd March

Post by chrisrich » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Hi All,

I am a constant reader of the forum (wish Set(M) was listed separate from Set(O)) as difficult to read through all Set(O) to find what you are looking for, but enjoy reading about other users experiences.

I have PEO appointment in Croydon on 23d March for Set(M) app, my details as follows :

Arrived UK December 2008 on UK Ancestry (British husband arrived same time as me)
Switched in country April 2010 to Spousal (married since 2007) and can now apply for ILR. Documents I have are :

* Passports x 3
* Photos
* BRP for myself and my daughter
* Marriage certificates
* Daughters birth certificate (16 yrs old)
* 2 x tenancy agreements (from April 2010 to present) both our names
* Council tax statements covering 2 year period for both addresses (both names)
* Husbands Bank statements (all to same address)
* My bank statements (all to same address)
* Random bank correspondence - all three banks
* Thames water for both addresses covering 2 years (husbands name)
* E-on and British Gas for both addresses covering 2 years (both names)
* TV Licence for 2 years in my name
* Sky TV statements in my name
* Talk Talk statements in my name
* Household insurance in my name
* P60s and P45s and random HMRC letters for 2 years for both of us
* Child Benefit paperwork (husband is claiming)
* Husband's payslips for 2 years (althought missing April 2010)
* My payslips for 2 years
* All employment contracts for 2 years for both of us
* Husband - mobile phone statements, Argos statements,
* Me - mobile phone statements and NHS letters
* For my daughter and I - various corrrespondence from UKBA
* Letters from daughters school confirming a pupil and letter confirming acceptance into Sixth Form for September 2012
* Letter from HRMC for my daughters NI card
* Pass Notification Letter for Life in the UK test for me (daughter under 18)
* Bankers Draft
* Completed SET(M) version 02/2012
* Confirmation of PEO appointment

Is there anything else i need to present. All correspondence is addressed to our home over the 2 year period.

All papers are in 3 lever arch files with dividers for each company. I don't have the facility to make such a huge amount of photocopies and my previous experience at Croydon in April 2010 when I took photocopies of everything was disheartening as they only took a few of the copies and I had paid to have them done and ended up having to carry the heavy bag and then having to shred all the copies. I am thinking of taking copies of passports and birth and marriage certificates only as I know they will request only a couple of items out of the files - will this be ok??

I will also be applying for BC immediately after ILR is granted as I have been here for more than 3 years.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

C. :D
Everything looks fine, it's highly advised to take photocopies for PEO appointment, as always they only pick what they want, best of luck with your application .
God has made everything beautiful in its time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks Chrisrich,

My husband works nightshift in Croydon and will meet us at PEO, hence my struggle to carry originals and full set of duplicates using public transport, it is so much and so heavy and I remembered how I struggled 2 years ago when I switched to spousal. My husband has just pointed out that we weren't asked for photocopies in Aprio 2010 and the caseworker was going to make her own copies until I mentioned that I had copies of the documents with me.

I will contact UKBA and see what they say, but i am aware that PEO can make copies of what they need too.

C.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:33 am

CR001 wrote:Thanks Chrisrich,

My husband works nightshift in Croydon and will meet us at PEO, hence my struggle to carry originals and full set of duplicates using public transport, it is so much and so heavy and I remembered how I struggled 2 years ago when I switched to spousal. My husband has just pointed out that we weren't asked for photocopies in Aprio 2010 and the caseworker was going to make her own copies until I mentioned that I had copies of the documents with me.

I will contact UKBA and see what they say, but i am aware that PEO can make copies of what they need too.

C.
Way too many documents they're not required. You only need a joint document (in both names) or a official letter in each in single names for every 4 months during the 2 year period from 3 different sources so in your list HMRC letters, land line bills, council tax and bank statements are enough. They do not expect anything more. You also only need the last 3 months payslips and corresponding bank statements. You don't need any proof of accommodation if you have council tax statements that's enough to show you're accommodated. But hey if you want to be carried down by loads of documents then that's up to you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:20 am

@D4109125 - this is my post from last year March, I already have british citizenship.

Also, I was asked for copies of most documents when doing set M
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 am

CR001 wrote:@D4109125 - this is my post from last year March, I already have british citizenship.

Also, I was asked for copies of most documents when doing set M
Wonder how this got to the top of my page? They will take documents if you take them but it's unnecessary.