ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony Question, HELP!!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

morocco2010
Newly Registered

Ceremony Question, HELP!!!!

Post by morocco2010 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my naturalization on 14/02/2012 through NCS Birmingham.

I am spouse of a British citizen and made my application as I have been here for over 3 years.

I have received acknowledgement on 25/02/2012 and I am still waiting on their comeback

My issue is I want to travel to Morocco in August but I am worried if I travel and they send me a letter in order to attend the ceremony I would need to fly back.

If I don't receive any response by the end of the July shall I book my flight?

If I happen to receive the letter whilst in Morocco, could you arrange to attend the ceremony after you come back or is their a time restriction.

Please respond as I am desperate.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm

The letter asks you to contact the council within 21 days in order to book a ceremony within 90 days. In practice even if you contact the council after 21 days, you should be fine so no reason to worry (unless your trip is for 2-3 months).

morocco2010
Newly Registered

Post by morocco2010 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Jambo wrote:The letter asks you to contact the council within 21 days in order to book a ceremony within 90 days. In practice even if you contact the council after 21 days, you should be fine so no reason to worry (unless your trip is for 2-3 months).
The trip is for 2 months in August 2012, Would you recommend to travel once we receive the letter?

The UK border agency are taking a considerable amount of time to respond, I appreciate your quick response.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 pm

I would not wait for the HO. Just get someone to go over your post. It is quite easy to spot the HO letter. You can them book a ceremony over the phone/email for your return.

Hopefully you will hear from the HO before August.