ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for UK born baby with visit visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nsrisri

Citizenship for UK born baby with visit visa

Post by nsrisri » Mon May 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi All
My status was Ter1 when my daughter was born in UK .My daughter went to India with Indian passport and came to UK with visit visa.
Now I got ILR and please advise the process to apply for citizenship for my daughter

Thanks in advance

boloney

Re: Citizenship for UK born baby with visit visa

Post by boloney » Mon May 07, 2012 1:35 pm

nsrisri wrote:Hi All
My status was Ter1 when my daughter was born in UK .My daughter went to India with Indian passport and came to UK with visit visa.
Now I got ILR and please advise the process to apply for citizenship for my daughter

Thanks in advance
Use mn1 form.

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi,

Did you manage to get British citizenship for your daughter? Was there any complications since she was on visiting visa?

Also when you applied for visiting visa from India, did you have to show any reason why you are not applying her a tier1 dependant?

I am going to apply for tier1 dependant visa for my newborn son and I got an appointment next week, but with the latest increase in fees, i have to pay £1920 for just his visa. I am eligible for ILR in 8 months time, but I need to visit home in June. So I was wondering whether my son could get visiting visa from India rather than paying lot of money to get dependant visa.

Your reply will be appreciated

Cheers
Jobin

Thanks in advance

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Did you manage to get British citizenship for your daughter? Was there any complications since she was on visiting visa?

please reply .. i'm in the same situation

jobinscaria wrote:Hi,

Also when you applied for visiting visa from India, did you have to show any reason why you are not applying her a tier1 dependant?

I am going to apply for tier1 dependant visa for my newborn son and I got an appointment next week, but with the latest increase in fees, i have to pay £1920 for just his visa. I am eligible for ILR in 8 months time, but I need to visit home in June. So I was wondering whether my son could get visiting visa from India rather than paying lot of money to get dependant visa.

Your reply will be appreciated

Cheers
Jobin

Thanks in advance

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Wed May 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi
HO dint ask any questions when I applied visiting visa for my daughter.
I registered as a British citizen using MN1 when my daughter was is in UK on visiting visa..NCS dint ask Indian passport could be because of she was born in UK.
After 5 days of MN1 application she traveled to India.After I receive certificate I applied British passport from India.It took around 3 weeks for British passport.