ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC fee £ 55

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ravii

RC fee £ 55

Post by ravii » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Best regards

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Very remarkable. In article 25 (paragraph 2) of Directive 2004/38 it is stated explicitly:
All documents mentioned in paragraph 1 shall be issued free of charge or for a charge not exceeding that imposed on nationals for the issuing of similar documents.
I wonder what these similar documents for British citizens are, that would cost £55 or more?

By the way, this document gives extra information, in particular the processing cost for each type of application: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-fees.pdf
They quote here £82 for all EEA applications. I cannot believe it is really the same for all EEA applications, because an EEA2 application is by definition more complicated than an EEA1, etc.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm

I don't think anybody really would mind the relatively small fee, IF it is used to bring down the processing time to something slightly more acceptable (6-8 weeks, I would say).

I would have paid £500 if it would have meant it will be processed in less then 4 weeks.

ravii

Post by ravii » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:13 pm

I am much more happy to pay up to £ 1000, if ukba offer same day window service.
Best regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm

But the foot note on this page is suggesting that it will be introduced later in 2013 after some amendements in EEA 2006.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

renu

Re: RC fee £ 55

Post by renu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm

HO will charge applicants and still make them wait for months. if ppl are paying, i think it should be same day service.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

they cant charge fees for eea application under regulation 2006, it will be against the law,

it will be still 6 months plus waiting time

renu

Post by renu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:they cant charge fees for eea application under regulation 2006, it will be against the law,

i am thinking the same.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 pm

sheraz7 wrote:But the foot note on this page is suggesting that it will be introduced later in 2013 after some amendements in EEA 2006.
REGARDS

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:they cant charge fees for eea application under regulation 2006, it will be against the law,

It is not against the law actually, there is a basis for it in the law. In France it cost about three hundred plus euros for a residence card application. In Germany it cost £28.80.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 pm

If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read my post there, you will see that it depends on the charge for similar documents for nationals of the member state.
It is a bit vague, but in France and Germany there are apparently such documents, in the UK I am not aware of any, and that would make charging for EEA applications illegal.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 pm

fysicus wrote:If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read my post there, you will see that it depends on the charge for similar documents for nationals of the member state.
It is a bit vague, but in France and Germany there are apparently such documents, in the UK I am not aware of any, and that would make charging for EEA applications illegal.
ID cards for French national does not cost three hundred plus euros, it must be much lesser than that, I agree in Germany it is same 28.28 euros for national ID

ravii

Post by ravii » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Each RC/PR cost UKBA £ 82,so if they charge £ 55 then still UKBA lose £ 27 each application.RC/PR for EEA national should not be free.at least they have to pay the cost plus if ppl want speedy service then same day service with additional charges would be acceptable.
Best regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm

frei wrote:In France it cost about three hundred plus euros for a residence card application
Are you sure?

This indicates it's free (or 25€ if lost).

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm

ravii wrote:Each RC/PR cost UKBA £ 82,so if they charge £ 55 then still UKBA lose £ 27 each application.RC/PR for EEA national should not be free.at least they have to pay the cost plus if ppl want speedy service then same day service with additional charges would be acceptable.

In contrary to PBS (point based application) charging for European residence card applications is not simply easy and certainly need amendment by involving the member states which already indicated in the footnote that this charges will apply later 2013 once some amendments in EEA2006.
REGARDS

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Jambo wrote:
frei wrote:In France it cost about three hundred plus euros for a residence card application
Are you sure?

This indicates it's free (or 25€ if lost).
There was a user on this forum, who paid claimed they pay more than 300 euros for their French residence card and below again is confirmed by the French immigration. I also note they claim it's a visa regularisation fee.

The User complained to Solvit who claimed member state can sometimes charge for RC application, if I do find the thread I shall post it on

It is a PDF I do not know how to upload the whole of the unfortunately.
1. The format of residence permits issued in France follows the rules laid down by Regulation 1030/2002/EC of 13 June 2002 as amended
by Regulation 380/2008/EC of 18 April 2008 which requires Member States to grant to foreigners residence permits containing an
electronic component including two biometric data: a digital photograph and the image of two fingerprints of the holder. In accordance
with a time schedule for the implementation of this Regulation, the integration of digital photograph in the electronic component started
on 20 May 2011 whereas certain residence permits with the holder’s fingerprints have been delivered since 20 June 2012. The issuance
of this new model of residence permits is spreading and should be completed by the end of the third quarter of 2013. These residence
permits are issued to third-country nationals as well as non-EEA family members of EEA nationals.

2. The issuance of residence permits to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals is free of charge. Applicants only have to pay for a
duplicate. In case of irregular entry, the issuance of the first residence permit is subject to the payment of a regularization visa right of
340€.

3. Law No. 2003-1119 of 26 November 2003 on the control of immigration, residence of foreigners in France and nationality gave a legal
basis for the collection of biometric data from foreigners applying for a residence permit in France. Article 11 of this law inserted in
Order No. 45-2658 of 2 November 1945 on the conditions of entry and residence of foreigners in France a provision which became the
first sentence of the first paragraph of the Article L. 611-3 of the Code on Entry and Residence of Foreigners and Right of Asylum
(Code de l’entrée et du séjour des étrangers et du droit d’asile = CESEDA) reads as follows: “In order to guarantee the right of
residence of legally staying persons and fight against the irregular entry and residence of foreigners in France, fingerprints and a
photograph of foreigners (...),applying for a residence permit can be identified, stored and subject to automated processing under the
conditions established by law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data, files and freedoms.” Decree No. 2011-638 of 8 June 2011
on the files management application of foreign nationals, residence permits and travel documents of foreign nationals determine the
conditions of application of such a measure.

4. Non-EEA family members of EEA nationals are required to hold a residence permit. If the document has been lost or stolen, they must
apply for a duplicate. They have to report theft to the police or to the gendarmerie where the offence occurred if the theft took place in
France or to the local police and the nearest consulate if the theft took place abroad. They have to report loss to the prefecture or subprefecture
of their place of residence. In both cases, they have to apply for a duplicate at the prefecture or sub-prefecture of their place
to residence. To be re-issued a residence permit, the applicant has to pay a tax of 16€ by ordinary tax stamps.

5. There is no obligation to notify the authorities of changes in foreigners’ circumstances which affect their status under Directive
2004/38/EC.
6. The issuance of a duplicate of a residence permit is charged. To be re-issued a residence permit, the applicant has to pay a tax of 16€ by
ordinary tax stamps.

7. Any difficulty regarding the issuance of such documents has been raised.
8. Article 5(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC stipulates that family members are subject to the obligation of entry clearance visas in accordance

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Can you not read??

I see this sentence very clearly in what you posted:
The issuance of residence permits to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals is free of charge.
However, there seems to be a charge of 340 euros for illegal immigrants who subsequently claim EU rights. That's a very different issue, although I still don't see how it can be in agreement with 2004/38.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm

fysicus wrote:
I see this sentence very clearly in what you posted:
The issuance of residence permits to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals is free of charge.
However, there seems to be a charge of 340 euros for illegal immigrants who subsequently claim EU rights. That's a very different issue, although I still don't see how it can be in agreement with 2004/38.
If you had stopped there and not included this
fysicus wrote:Can you not read??
You would have been applauded, but you had to shoot yourself in the foot?
Frei wrote:There was a user on this forum, who paid claimed they pay more than 300 euros for their French residence card and below again is confirmed by the French immigration. I also note they claim it's a visa regularisation fee.
As I said, there was someone on the forum a time ago who made the complaint of being charged for residence card application, and having seen that amount showed up in the document, it had clouded my attention to read to detail, It was more of I already knew you charge for residence card applications.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Finland is charging 95 euros for a residence card. The same fee is charged in case the holder of the card reapplies for a card e.g. due to
the loss of the card or changes in the information contained in the card. The fee is based on the Decree of the Ministry of the Interior
(The Decree of the Finnish Ministry of the Interior on the fees for the performances of the Finnish police in 2012). The processing fees
are adjusted annually.

Found a link for the whole document here http://www.emnnorway.no/EMN-Media-Archi ... ly-permits

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 pm

frei wrote: Found a link for the whole document here http://www.emnnorway.no/EMN-Media-Archi ... ly-permits
Interesting. Seems like the UKBA were doing some research 4 months ago in preparation to start charging for residence documentation under EEA regulation.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 pm

EEA1 and EEA3 are not mandatory. Technically, EEA2 and EEA4 are not, but in practice, it could be argued that they are - no right to work, no right to travel, etc.

What document might be considered to be equivalent, passport perhaps?

In my opinion, any fee charged will in no way affect the timeliness of the application.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Jambo wrote:
frei wrote: Found a link for the whole document here http://www.emnnorway.no/EMN-Media-Archi ... ly-permits
Interesting. Seems like the UKBA were doing some research 4 months ago in preparation to start charging for residence documentation under EEA regulation.
Also it seems that the UK is seeking to issue to a biometric card to EEA applicant. Maybe they will argue the fee is to cover that cost (but then there is no equivalent card for Brits).

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Also it seems that the UK is seeking to issue to a biometric card to EEA applicant. Maybe they will argue the fee is to cover that cost (but then there is no equivalent card for Brits).

Yes I agree with the Jambo. Its more likely possible to happen this.
REGARDS

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 am

Jambo wrote:
Yes here is the link

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013 ... n-id-cards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 am

OK.

So in order to be able to control the influx of Romanians/Bulgarians the DM is warning us all about, they would start charging money from everyone. Interesting.

And I agree, it will have no affect on the process time.