ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

adequate maintenance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaberdene

adequate maintenance

Post by jaberdene » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 am

Hi,
my wife is going to apply FLR M very soon under old rules. She doesn't include any dependent child in her form. We do need to show adequate maintenance fund. As mentioned in a sticky thread in this forum we need to show £482.92 income for couple after deducting council tax and rent.

But we have a son who will turn to 20 on May and lives with us. He will going to apply FLR O before his visa expire, probably few weeks later after my wife's application.

Im just wondering as for my wife's application our income support rate will still be £482.92 or increase with another benefit rate because of my son lives with us. Obviously he is not able to claim any child tax credit and child benefit due to he is turning 20 on this May?

please advice me on this , time is ticking...

cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 am

Your disposable income has to the equivalent of means-tested benefit for a family of your size. So, the dependant son has to included in the calculation. The amount, therefore, would be £764 per calendar month after accommodation costs have been accounted for.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/benefi ... 2_2013.pdf

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Your disposable income has to the equivalent of means-tested benefit for a family of your size. So, the dependant son has to included in the calculation. The amount, therefore, would be £764 per calendar month after accommodation costs have been accounted for.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/benefi ... 2_2013.pdf
Could you please explain me precisely how did you work out the number £764?

Did you add personal allowance under 25 for my son to the amount of couples personal allowance?
Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I took the current weekly rate for an adult couple (111.45) and added the current weekly rate for a dependant child (64.99). I multiplied that total by 52 (weeks in a year) and then divided that by 12 (months in a year). This gives you a calendar month figure

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I took the current weekly rate for an adult couple (111.45) and added the current weekly rate for a dependant child (64.99). I multiplied that total by 52 (weeks in a year) and then divided that by 12 (months in a year). This gives you a calendar month figure
Ok I got it now,

cheers

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi again
My wife will submit her payslips to support her FLR M App..
She works from agency which uses online payslip system. Every employees are given user id and password to check their payslips online and can print them out. Also they send the payslip to her email as pdf attachment.
Problem is the agency doesnt want to stamp on the printed payslip. But every wage is credited to her bank account weekly and it appears on her bank statement with same amount on payslips respectively.

So are these printed payslips (without stamp) affect her application outcome or not? Is it a thing we shouldnt worry about?

Thanks in advance
Jab

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 pm

please

gkolezi1
Newly Registered

Re: adequate maintenance

Post by gkolezi1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 pm

I am a male with a 3 year old child living here in uk. I want to bring my wife over on spouse visa. I look after my disabled mother and getting 61.35 CA p/w plus 62.89 p/w child tax plus 45.25 p/w income support plus 82 p/m child benefit. Also my wife got savings of 16200 pound in her account for more than 6 months. Am i going to be ok or do i need some part time job?

any replay will be appreciated