ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Afrocommonwealth

citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Angel592 wrote:Sorry can someone please give me the INIS email?

This is it: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Post by Angel592 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:30 am

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Angel592 wrote:Sorry can someone please give me the INIS email?

This is it: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie
Thanks a million!

realhope

Post by realhope » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:15 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
adlexy wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote: I think all Naturalised Citizens should protest or write some form of a letter to the Minister explaining this.
I do not see a basis for the above suggestion. The application requirement (for the foreseeable future) is clear. Where there is a valid reason for departure from that, it then gives an alternate condition to fulfil - register at least once a year in the state where you now live.

And generally, I do not see the difficulty in updating your record every year with 'your' embassy, since it is a requirement/ condition of the granting of citizenship. Apart from that, there is also the critical need if there is an emergency, it makes it easy for the embassy to know who they have not bee able to reach or who may need assistance.

And for some countries, this is not limited to naturalised citizens alone. Every one of their citizen is encouraged to register and update their records "regularly" with the embassy.

All the best :)
I strongly disagree with comments. Firstly may I ask if you are naturalised?
Secondly naturalised citizens dont have to bear in mind all the time that if they did not register their intention to retain Irish citizenship that it may be revoked!. This is simply like an immigrant in Ireland renewing their stamps every year or else they will be illegal!
This is totally different from what you're talking about!

Born Irish citizens dont have to do that!, neither it is a must that they have to register their details in the embassy of the country that they currently resides. It depends on them really to decide what to do!.

By the way, it seems like you dont know that there is a form to fill every year to retain citizenship which by the way must be signed by a solictor!. Another unnecessary money spend every year for nothing! Naturalised citizens are like mere immigrants residing in Ireland and it shouldn't be that way!
hi integratedMigrant
adlexy is entitled to his opinion. why not to simplify the matter. if you are living overseas for any reason and you are naturalized, every six years you can come to Ireland and stay for few months. and therefore you avoid all of this form issue.
thanks a million
Proud to be Irish
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 pm

I don't think coming for a few months is very practical. What if you have a a family, job, and house? Are you supposed to take an unpaid leave (if your employer agrees to it) and come and rent property in Ireland?

Registering with the embassy seems more practical ;-)

And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I haven't seen anyone replying to the fact that Ireland never uses the rule (admission the it is not a reasonable rule I think - but could be dangerous if a dodgy government comes to power), noone has given exemples of other countries which have the same rule. And most importantly no one has addressed the fact that it makes citizen unequal and essentialy creates a separate group of citizens with more restrictive rights.

The only argument I have seen is that it is the law so that's how it is and everybody is aware of if before the apply.

So while everybody is indeed entitled to their opinion, I don't really think anyone has provided an argument to justify the rational behind this rule.

(If the discussion is to discuss whether it is in the law and people should follow the law ... Then I think we all agree it is the case, and in my view the interesting discussion is around whether the law makes sense or not)

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:28 pm

When is the next ceremony anyone knows?
I was approved march 1 and its been more than a month, what are these people doing

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:37 pm

sonnyhind wrote:When is the next ceremony anyone knows?
I was approved march 1 and its been more than a month, what are these people doing
I understand your frustration. I really dont see a big deal in ceremonies that it has to take 3 months each time!. Doing this on a monthly basis should be vital.

Since 1st of March, they have approved more than 3,000 applications I presumed and I dont see why this ceremonies wont be taking place every month!.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:43 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Since 1st of March, they have approved more than 3,000 applications I presumed and I dont see why this ceremonies wont be taking place every month!.
Is it because the minister has to appear in person at each ceremony?

In the UK, the ceremonies are small and frequent but are attended only by pompous officials and obscure local dignitaries.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Since 1st of March, they have approved more than 3,000 applications .
Any source for this figure??

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 pm

No news about next ceremonies ? This year things seems to be going very slowly a year and 5 months is a lot ..

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 pm

barnaby wrote:Is it because the minister has to appear in person at each ceremony
Not really, I was informed that the Minister wasn't present on the last citizenship ceremony.

The reason I believe they're doing this is to save costs! which is appalling because Citizenship applicants pay €1125 per person.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 pm

NewIrish wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Since 1st of March, they have approved more than 3,000 applications I presumed

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:14 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
NewIrish wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Since 1st of March, they have approved more than 3,000 applications I presumed
I do not think they made the 3000 applications...I think the low number of approved applications is the reason behind the delay in the ceremony

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:34 pm

sonnyhind wrote:When is the next ceremony anyone knows?
When did u apply and how long it took ?

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Question:

I am filling the application for my wife and I am using the Naturalisation Residency Calculator. after filling the dates from the passport and the GNIB card she got a total of 2276 days but he 4th stamp expired on 1/6/2012 and renewed on 02/07/2012...

We where in the state between 1/6/2012 and 2/7/2012.. but it happened to have a month gap

So in the Naturalisation Residency Calculator it is showing that she is not meeting the Year prior to application not continuous condition...

Any advice about this??

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 pm

NewIrish wrote:Question:

I am filling the application for my wife and I am using the Naturalisation Residency Calculator. after filling the dates from the passport and the GNIB card she got a total of 2276 days but he 4th stamp expired on 1/6/2012 and renewed on 02/07/2012...

We where in the state between 1/6/2012 and 2/7/2012.. but it happened to have a month gap

So in the Naturalisation Residency Calculator it is showing that she is not meeting the Year prior to application not continuous condition...

Any advice about this??
Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news,your wife has a gap in the stamp for one month and the requirement is that to be in the state for continuous one year prior submitting the application. It actually doent mean that u have to be in the state for the last one year I mean u can go for holidays but no gaps allowed in the stamps so ur wife can apply after 3 /07/13.
thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:33 pm

NewIrish wrote:I do not think they made the 3000 applications...I think the low number of approved applications is the reason behind the delay in the ceremony
Thats not true. INIS will tell you that they are waiting for the Minister to decide on the date of next ceremony. The Minister normally decides when he will has time to attend the ceremony.

I believe that up to 4000 applicants will be invited to the next ceremony.

Like I said before, the main reason is to save costs and also the sense that they want to make citizenship ceremony a big event rather than something that is done on a daily basis.

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

So do you think all invitations for the next ceremony have been sent out already?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:49 pm

kira83 wrote:So do you think all invitations for the next ceremony have been sent out already?
No but I know that ceremony sits/positions have been allocated for most applicants.

They are just waiting now for the Minister to tell them exactly the date so that they will start sending invitations to applicants.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:31 pm

hi i am very frustrated with inis as they are waiting for my garda report since october 2012 and it has been 14 months+ since i lodged my application.I have no criminal offense or criminal record,no traffic violations or any garda involvement.my other colleagues who applied after me got approval.What should i do should i go to the court?

courny

Post by courny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Dochtúir wrote:hi i am very frustrated with inis as they are waiting for my garda report since october 2012 and it has been 14 months+ since i lodged my application.I have no criminal offense or criminal record,no traffic violations or any garda involvement.my other colleagues who applied after me got approval.What should i do should i go to the court?
when did you apply? you are not the only one my friend. I sent mine in November 2011 and not a word from them since except the reference number which was given to me. October 2012 some woman named Ann kept telling me its gone to minister. Now im told waiting for Garda report. its pathetic.

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:41 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
kira83 wrote:So do you think all invitations for the next ceremony have been sent out already?
No but I know that ceremony sits/positions have been allocated for most applicants.

They are just waiting now for the Minister to tell them exactly the date so that they will start sending invitations to applicants.
And how are you in such a position to know that this is the case?
What special access you have to INIS that the rest of us do not?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 am

sonnyhind wrote:And how are you in such a position to know that this is the case?
What special access you have to INIS that the rest of us do not?
You dont need to have any special access or work for INIS to know that.

Just give them a ring in an extreme professional manner and they'll confirm it

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Dochtúir wrote:hi i am very frustrated with inis as they are waiting for my garda report since october 2012 and it has been 14 months+ since i lodged my application.I have no criminal offense or criminal record,no traffic violations or any garda involvement.my other colleagues who applied after me got approval.What should i do should i go to the court?
Patience is the key!

I applied in Jan 2011 and only got my approval in March 2013.
This was one long wait for me but the good news came in the end.

Same as yourself, straight forward case, applied on basis of Irish spouse and been living in the country for 10 years.

Good Luck.

malikscompany

any refusal ???

Post by malikscompany » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I have never heard anybody posted here about refusal. does anybody know if somebody got refused for Naturalisation and on what basis ???

I applied about a year ago and still waiting so just wondering does it get refused too or is it always a approval

Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: any refusal ???

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:55 am

malikscompany wrote:I applied about a year ago and still waiting so just wondering does it get refused too or is it always a approval

Thanks
As long as you've never committed any serious offenses or subjected to a serious investigation for any reason whatsoever or have never defrauded the social welfare system, you're application will be more than likely to be successful.