ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sameday
BANNED

Post by sameday » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 pm

If you do not have immediate travel plans you can wait and do until your visa extension.

kedia246
Newly Registered

Child Born in UK

Post by kedia246 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi All,

Recently we've been blessed with a baby girl in UK. I've already applied for Indian passport for her through Indian Consulate in London. Now I need to apply for Tier-1 dependent VISA for her as we are planning to Visit India in July 2013.

Somebody suggested me to apply her Tier 1 dependent VISA from India (Delhi) as the fee from India is just £840 and it comes within 2 weeks or so. On the other hand if I apply in UK, it will cost me £1920 (£1545 + £375) as I need to for premium service if I want her VISA before first week of July.

I'm not sure whether I can do this ? I mean can I apply Tier 1 dependent of UK born child from India.

Has anybody has any experience of this ? Any suggestion will be helpful.

Regards,
Kedia246

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Child Born in UK

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm

kedia246 wrote:Hi All,

Recently we've been blessed with a baby girl in UK. I've already applied for Indian passport for her through Indian Consulate in London. Now I need to apply for Tier-1 dependent VISA for her as we are planning to Visit India in July 2013.

Somebody suggested me to apply her Tier 1 dependent VISA from India (Delhi) as the fee from India is just £840 and it comes within 2 weeks or so. On the other hand if I apply in UK, it will cost me £1920 (£1545 + £375) as I need to for premium service if I want her VISA before first week of July.

I'm not sure whether I can do this ? I mean can I apply Tier 1 dependent of UK born child from India.

Regards,
Kedia246
Yes Kedia , u can apply from India. I have applied for my little one last sept from India who is born in UK .
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

kedia246
Newly Registered

Child Born in UK

Post by kedia246 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks kiranchinnu for your prompt response. But I have some more queries for you..

1. The Fee has changed since last Sep. as far as application from UK is concerned. Any idea about fees for application from India

2. UKBA has not mentioned about Tier 1 dependent applications from out-country in their new fee structure published in March, applicable from 06th April 2013

3. Generally how long it will take to get the VISA processed from India ?

4. Is it possible to list out the documents requirements for application from India ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 pm

kedia246 wrote:Thanks kiranchinnu for your prompt response. But I have some more queries for you..

1. The Fee has changed since last Sep. as far as application from UK is concerned. Any idea about fees for application from India
Pls check the correct fees as I dont know how much there are now.
2. UKBA has not mentioned about Tier 1 dependent applications from out-country in their new fee structure published in March, applicable from 06th April 2013
Same as Above
3. Generally how long it will take to get the VISA processed from India ?
for my little one it took 10days excluding application day and delivery day. Pls check processing times here : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... angname=UK English
4. Is it possible to list out the documents requirements for application from India ?
Application form , passport , photos , maintenence funds statement, 2 types of income proofs for last 3 months, ur visa copy, TB Certificate.
Last edited by kiranchinnu on Mon May 13, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

everest
Newly Registered

Post by everest » Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Dear Kedia

I am in same boat as you. I have a 4months old baby born in UK and we have a plan to goto India in August for 4 weeks.

The fee from India is definitely much less than UK dependent fee as you have mentioned. But based on my research, the TIER-1 dependent visa process takes around 4 weeks and on top of that in some cases they have rejected if applicant didn't attach the TB certificate for the baby! (I know TB certificate is not needed for baby - but that's what has happened in last few months).

So last week, I submitted postal application within UK itself.

My advise will be to play safe, even if it comes at higher price and causes delay to the travel plan.

After seeing the recent attitude of UKBA toward TIER1 General immigrants in last one+ year, I have lost my trust.

Regards,

Regards,
Kedia246

ram80

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm

kedia246 wrote:I mean can I apply Tier 1 dependent of UK born child from India.
Dependent of UK born child? I think you meant dependent visa for UK born child?

Yes you can, the only difference is the dependent wont be able to re-enter UK without a proper visa.
This post does not contain legal advice.

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi Kedia
Congrats on your new arrival. I am also in the same situation as you are except that i am on tier2(G). We've a new baby born in the UK and we are going to India in October and I intend to apply for a visa from India as it takes lot of time here by postal application. Please could you share your experience of applying your little one's visa from India and what documents do you need? I understand that TB test results are not required for the babies. is that correct?
Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Kedia246
Thanks!

ankur6006

Document queryI

Post by ankur6006 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:30 am

I have baby girl born in India in January 2013. I was also in India during her born and return in June 2013. I found job quickly. My question is, I have employment letter /job contract stating my salary and start date, I don't have 3 months payslips, will it Ok without payslips?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:40 am

This thread is about child born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.