ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

john100v
Newly Registered

Post by john100v » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:40 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:Hi All, got my refusal letter today.

Can someone please update my time line on skydrive? Thank you

Application Type ILR: SET (o) 10 years (used a lawyer)
Date application posted: 19-12-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 21-12-2012
Biometric letter received: 17-01-2013
Date of biometrics enrollment: 18-01-2013
Refusal letter date: 02-Aug-2013
Date of return of passport and other docs: 12-Aug-2013

Reasons for refusal:
1. Broken leave because spent in total more than 18 months (540 days) absent from the UK.
2. Left UK at one point after my leave was expired and came back after more than 28 days. Therefore the continuous residence was broken at that point and any residence prior to that point cannot count towards continuous residence.
Thats really sad...is there any chance of appealing?

stranded
Newly Registered

Re: 10 YEAR RESIDENCY AND FAMILY MEMBERS

Post by stranded » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"][quote="stranded"]Hi Daminoshallo which PEO did he use for getting Set(M) direct and what did he quote that he comes under rules before 12th of July 2012. It would be appreciated if you can ask him and reply. Thank you[/quote]

He attended Croydon PEO. I need to mention this, he hired a solicitor to accompany him. Somehow his solicitor was pretty much confident abt going for SET(M) rather than switching to FLR(M) prior to SET(M).

Please note his wife was PBS Dependant (Tier 1 G) and has been more than 2 yrs in this country.[/quote]

Hi I was speaking to you earlier my wife has been on tier 1 G since 2009 as my dependent can you pass me on that lawyers information so I can contact him my application is with home office for SET(LR). You can PM me his details and o will contact him myself thank you for your help. It would be appreciated Jazaq Allah

stranded
Newly Registered

Post by stranded » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
NeedAdvice62 wrote:Dear Damanisshallo or Senior Repected Members only,

First of all accept my appology if I am posting in the wrong section.

I need advice regarding me and my wife and my newborn.

I know its too early but i want to prepare what I need to do.

My situation is as follows

Currently Tier 2 and my salary is £20,000 and visa until June 2015 and 10 year completes on Sep 2014.

Wife came as post study dependent on Feb 2012 and switch to tier 2 dependent before 9 July 2012 and visa until June 2015.

Son born in the Uk on July 2013 and not applied for any visa yet.

My Question is what is the best and quickest way we all can get settlement here in the UK?

Apply your ILR using SET(LR) and since your dependent has enough visa until you get your decision, wait for your decision. Once you get your ILR make a MN1 application to register your son as BC further make a SET(M) application for your misus possibly at a PEO as lately there have been a lot of success stories though not on forum. Assuming that you'd not travel until the above process is completed, I'd suggest not to apply for you child's passport(Home Country) so if you're not aiming to travel then no need to apply for a PBS dependent for your son. Hope this answers your query.

Also Whether I need to apply for my son as PBS dependent or Not?

I will be very thankful to you.

Kind regards,
Hi Daminoshallo which PEO did he use for getting Set(M) direct and what did he quote that he comes under rules before 12th of July 2012. It would be appreciated if you can ask him and reply. Thank you

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:32 pm

stranded wrote:Hi I was speaking to you earlier my wife has been on tier 1 G since 2009 as my dependent can you pass me on that lawyers information so I can contact him my application is with home office for SET(LR). You can PM me his details and o will contact him myself thank you for your help. It would be appreciated Jazaq Allah
I was just speaking to my friend with regards to this. I shall PM you the solicitors details but then my friend did mentioned that there wasn't a big play from the solicitor though all he did was, played a trick with the application.

He made a SET(O) application instead of SET(M) and under S E C T I O N 3 - W H I C H C A T E G O R Y ? he'd chosen Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms and in the explanation space below mentioned the reason as follows.

"I was on PBS Dependent (Tier 1General) for more than XX yrs."

NB: Where XX should be >2 yrs.

Hope this should help you and many more.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Your ILR has been approved within 24 weeks . why u r so worry about ?

Anyway there is no point to ask this kind of question here about this useless piss of sh@t UKBA arrogant organisation who are clearly not fit for there job . They only care about our money .

there are plenty of unemployed people out there whom UKBA can recruit to faster our visa process ,instead they are cutting there man power .

kimnjuka wrote:Hi ya,,, now UKBA are slowing down applications ..what happened ..Now, they need to be investigated again so that they can process fast.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi guys

Today again I called to Home office, still same answer your application is under consideration.

Please guys just need your prayers.

Regards
Amjad Leeds

R556

Post by R556 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Reasons for refusal:
1. Broken leave because spent in total more than 18 months (540 days) absent from the UK.
2. Left UK at one point after my leave was expired and came back after more than 28 days. Therefore the continuous residence was broken at that point and any residence prior to that point cannot count towards continuous residence.
Very Sad and Painful News.

Soban

Post by Soban » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 pm

[quote="carl2000"]Hello,I'm new to this forum . It would be sincerely appreciated if any one you guys can help me answer the questions I have.
My question is about 10 year long residency and 'gap in lawful residency'.
In 2012 , 31th may my visa was finished and I applied for extension same day (by royal mail next day service) .11th June 2012 my application was returned as invalid . I failed to fill up a mandatory section. By 28th June I applied again for extension .28th August 2012 I got extension ( issue date was 28th August)
My question is how it will effect if I apply for ILR?
How long is my gap? Will it be count from 1st June to 28th August (3 month gap) Or 1st June to 28th June (28 days gap)
Can I apply for

Hi Carl2000. It's a tricky question. I find myself in the same situation as you. I submitted an in time application but it was returned to me within the next few days due to invalid bank card details. And By the time I reapplied, my current leave had expired by 17 days.

According to UKBA's guidance notes all absences less than 28 days will be disregarded. Now this sounds encouraging but they also say the following:

If a person submits an out-of-time application, they will have a gap in continuous lawful residence, from the date their leave expired until the date they are next granted leave, regardless of how long it takes for the decision to be made. For an example of this, see example 5 in related link: Examples of continuous lawful residence

So according to the above paragraph you and me have had absences of more than 28 days. But one can still be optimistic and hopeful as their guidance notes also state that absences of more than 28 days may be disregarded in exceptional circumstances.

Lets hope the gaps in continuous residency are seen as "accidental" and allowable.

Benito

Post by Benito » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi All, got my refusal letter today.

Reasons for refusal:

The GreenTea,
I am really sorry to hear that, hope there is a chance to appeal...
[/b][/i]

jony_dhaka

Re: ILR is under process

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Amjad only our pray will not do any Sh@T in your life if you just sit in ur bed all day long and moaning about your wait and don't do anything about it . Did you contact your local MP ?

You have been waiting for 42 weeks .There are must be a reason for that and there is a high chance you might get refused .So don't hope too much .Take life easy .you still have a roof over you and don't sleep in the street like a homeless person .

''I keep it real ''
amjadleeds wrote:Hi guys

Today again I called to Home office, still same answer your application is under consideration.

Please guys just need your prayers.

Regards
Amjad Leeds
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Yes i have upgraded the skydive for you . WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW ? WHY THE HECK your lawyer advised you to apply for ILR if you have more then 540 days absent in last 10 years and Left UK at one point after your leave was expired and came back after more than 28 days?

Reasons for refusal:

Longw8
Newly Registered

ILR Refused

Post by Longw8 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for ILR on 13th Nov 2013 and got refused on 9th August 2013 because I spent 576 days ( more that 200 due to job and business) outside UK instead of 540 days.

My solicitor advised that days spent outside UK due to work will not be counted against 540 days. HO didn't give me right to appeal. I still have my Tier 1 Visa Valid till 2015.

My solicitor will send a letter to HO to reconsider my case, or the other option I have is to re apply at later date.

Please advise which option is best in this case and if anyone in this forum had similar case and share their outcome.

If I am not able to appeal then what other options do I have? I can proof that most of my travel was work related and I got paid in the UK and also paid al my taxes here in the UK. most of my visits were like 2/3 days to Europe ( in total around 200 days).

Hope you hear some feedback and suggestions from you guys.

Regards

jony_dhaka

Re: ILR Refused

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 am

Let me put this clearly in your mind '' WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF UK THAT IS CONSIDER ABSENCE FOR UKBA .IT DOES NOT MATTER WHATS THE REASON FOR YOUR ABSENCE ''
Now you only have one option left and that is re apply at later date when you will see that you don't have absence more the 540 days and more then 6 month gap at once out of uk in last 10 years .

NOTE : ukba take absence very seriously
Longw8 wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for ILR on 13th Nov 2013 and got refused on 9th August 2013 because I spent 576 days ( more that 200 due to job and business) outside UK instead of 540 days.

My solicitor advised that days spent outside UK due to work will not be counted against 540 days. HO didn't give me right to appeal. I still have my Tier 1 Visa Valid till 2015.

My solicitor will send a letter to HO to reconsider my case, or the other option I have is to re apply at later date.

Please advise which option is best in this case and if anyone in this forum had similar case and share their outcome.

If I am not able to appeal then what other options do I have? I can proof that most of my travel was work related and I got paid in the UK and also paid al my taxes here in the UK. most of my visits were like 2/3 days to Europe ( in total around 200 days).

Regards
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
NeedAdvice62 wrote:Dear Damanisshallo or Senior Repected Members only,

First of all accept my appology if I am posting in the wrong section.

I need advice regarding me and my wife and my newborn.

I know its too early but i want to prepare what I need to do.

My situation is as follows

Currently Tier 2 and my salary is £20,000 and visa until June 2015 and 10 year completes on Sep 2014.

Wife came as post study dependent on Feb 2012 and switch to tier 2 dependent before 9 July 2012 and visa until June 2015.

Son born in the Uk on July 2013 and not applied for any visa yet.

My Question is what is the best and quickest way we all can get settlement here in the UK?

Apply your ILR using SET(LR) and since your dependent has enough visa until you get your decision, wait for your decision. Once you get your ILR make a MN1 application to register your son as BC further make a SET(M) application for your misus possibly at a PEO as lately there have been a lot of success stories though not on forum. Assuming that you'd not travel until the above process is completed, I'd suggest not to apply for you child's passport(Home Country) so if you're not aiming to travel then no need to apply for a PBS dependent for your son. Hope this answers your query.

Also Whether I need to apply for my son as PBS dependent or Not?

I will be very thankful to you.

Kind regards,
Dear Damanisshallo

Thanks for your reply.Some points arose from your reply which are as follows:

You have suggested not to apply child home passport until the whole process is completed.How is it benefit to us ? What the reason behind it?

When I got ILR and applied MNI Application what will I write my child nationality in the form without his passport?

With respect to my wife application, Will I need to wait for the decision of MNI application before applying for my wife application?

You also suggested using the SET(M) application but you also informed that one of your friend got ILR using the SET(O) instead SET(M).What form I need to use?

Kind regards

master_student

Post by master_student » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

HI Longw8,

I'm sorry to hear that you've received such bad news. I'm just wondering what type of ILR did you apply for? is it based on the 10 years scheme or 5 years one?
Also did you did you justify your absence when you applied or just filled in the application and and sent it?.
Also to let you know that you don't have the right to appeal if you still have a valid visa.

wish you all the best and have a good time

Regards

master_student

Post by master_student » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 am

jony_dhaka wrote:Let me put this clearly in your mind '' WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF UK THAT IS CONSIDER ABSENCE FOR UKBA .IT DOES NOT MATTER WHATS THE REASON FOR YOUR ABSENCE ''
Now you only have one option left and that is re apply at later date when you will see that you don't have absence more the 540 days and more then 6 month gap at once out of uk in last 10 years .

Regards
jony_dhaka; by the way do you work for UKBA.
Everybody knows that UKBA is taking every details seriously not only the absence, but also, criminal records, financial situation, and so forth.
However there are always gray cases which don't fall into white or black (acceptance or refusal) categories, and that's why senior caseworkers exist to take care of discretionary ceases.
I personally know couple of individuals who left the UK more than 540 days and got their ILR.

So please, stop posting senseless information, you are just spamming the thread. Thank you

R556

Post by R556 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:35 am

Regards

Reconsideration means again 7-8 months wait? Judicial review perhaps, or apply later (but not sure) Using solicitors in ILR cases is a wastage of money and time. Everything is clearly written in the guidance notes.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:52 am

Re:master_student
For your kind information
I worked with ukba side by side for 10 years at London heathrow airport. Couple of my friends do work for ukba and 3 of my friend just got there ILR on 10 year long residency based . So i know what i am talking about .Criminal records is a big issue but what you are talking about financial situation when you applying for ilr on 10 year based ! clearly you are the one who is talking senseless.. if you have any better advise then me to give ''Longw8'' then give him and stop bitching around otherwise JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Note : 2 people '' TheGreenTea '' and ''longw8'' got refuse today because of absence .

master_student wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:Let me put this clearly in your mind '' WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF UK THAT IS CONSIDER ABSENCE FOR UKBA .IT DOES NOT MATTER WHATS THE REASON FOR YOUR ABSENCE ''

Regards
jony_dhaka; by the way do you work for UKBA.
Everybody knows that UKBA is taking every details seriously not only the absence, but also, criminal records, financial situation, and so forth.
However there are always gray cases which don't fall into white or black (acceptance or refusal) categories, and that's why senior caseworkers exist to take care of discretionary ceases.
I personally know couple of individuals who left the UK more than 540 days and got their ILR.

So please, stop posting senseless information, you are just spamming the thread. Thank you
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 am

NeedAdvice62 wrote:Dear Damanisshallo

Thanks for your reply.Some points arose from your reply which are as follows:

You have suggested not to apply child home passport until the whole process is completed.How is it benefit to us ? What the reason behind it?

Only to save some £££'s for applying passport and some countries even charge you to surrender passport.

When I got ILR and applied MNI Application what will I write my child nationality in the form without his passport?

Whatever nationality is yours and there is a question where it asks you if you had any other previous passports? you might say no as this would be his first passport.

With respect to my wife application, Will I need to wait for the decision of MNI application before applying for my wife application?

No, you can apply for both simultaneously.

You also suggested using the SET(M) application but you also informed that one of your friend got ILR using the SET(O) instead SET(M).What form I need to use?

Yes, everyday is a learning curve and I learnt this last night. You can do the same to save both time and £££'s

Kind regards
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

MALIK_KHAN
Newly Registered

PLZ quick advise needed

Post by MALIK_KHAN » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:01 am

hi Damanisshallo & Senior members of forum
i just have few enquiries plz reply ASAP its a request as i am going to apply by tomorrow
1. how many docuemtns i should attach with my wife's FLR(M) application as other than her english test certificate, marriage certifi & financial proofs but i dont have to send 6 proof of address as i dont have them???.

2. she has been here with me since octber 2010 on psw dependent and then TIER 1 GENERAL since august 2011 so what should i filled in 2.2 & 2.3 section of FLR(M)

3 we have one kid uk born and other non UK so what shall i do where can i file details about them on application as section 4 bit confusing as it say 4.3 is yes then you give details below but section 4.3 is bit confusing can you plz elaborate this plz

4. is it ok if i make payments by debit card or banker draft is good option.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECATE FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE :)

Thanks in advance

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: PLZ quick advise needed

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 am

MALIK_KHAN wrote:hi Damanisshallo
i just have few enquiries plz reply ASAP its a request as i am going to apply by tomorrow
1. how many docuemtns i should attach with my wife's FLR(M) application as other than her english test certificate, marriage certifi & financial proofs i dont have to send 6 proof of address as i dont have them.

You've mentioned its for your wife. In such case you don't have to submit 6 separate documents (It is for living in partners)

2. she has been here with me since octber 2010 on psw dependent and then TIER 1 GENERAL since august 2011 so what should i filled in 2.2 & 2.3 section of FLR(M)
  • 2.2 - NO
    2.3 - Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).
3 we have one kid uk born and other non UK so what shall i do where can i filled details about them on application as section 4 bit confusing as it say 4.3 is yes then you give details below but section 4.3 is bit confusing can you plz elaborate this plz

If you can provide your status, I can comment more appropriately about your UK-Born child.
  • 4.1 - Yes
    4.2 - No (Assuming you & your wife together have only these two children)
    4.3 - No (Assuming you & your wife together have only these two children)

4. is it ok if i make payments by debit card so shall i do banker draft as more secure just to be on safe side of anything goes wrong on debit card payment.

You can do so, but my suggestion is why to waste extra bucks & I have an impression that you can make cash payment as well at PEO. However, if you are posting your application then you can always use your personal cheque. The only instance when this payment fails is if you do not have enough funds available in your account.

Thanks in advance

Please Note: You haven't mention what status you are on. If you are on ILR then you might've a completely different scenario. Please let me know if this is the case n I shall tell you even better option.
Addition:
I learnt that you are aiming to apply for SET(LR) this month. In such case the above suggestion should stand apart from skipping your UK-Born child. You can register him when you get your decision. Do not mention his details in your wife's FLR(M) Form as he is not under immigration control (Note: he was born here). See if this Covering letter would do any good to you.
Skydrives, Templates

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 am

Benito wrote:Hi All, got my refusal letter today.

Reasons for refusal:

Hi Benito

Sorry to hear bad news, do you have right of appeal, on what kind of visa you was hold before, My case is under process from Oct 2012, don't know what will be decision, I just hope for best, don't either I will get chance to extend my previous leave or not.
12 years in UK still going stressful situation without doing anything wrong.
My prayers with you, hope end of days all things will be settle down.
regards
Amjad leeds

The GreenTea,
I am really sorry to hear that, hope there is a chance to appeal...
[/b][/i]

Amin109
Newly Registered

Don't remember dates left the UK / PhD fieldwork abroad

Post by Amin109 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello,

I am planning on submitting my application for ILR very soon. I came to the UK as a student in Sep 2003, and changed my status to PSW in 2010 and now I am on Tier 2.

When I was a student, as part of my PhD course work, I spent a significant amount of time abroad collecting data for my PhD (about a year but I do remember coming back to the UK at one point during the year). I still had a valid student visa then and was a registered full-time student at my institution. However, I don't exactly remember when I left the UK to collect data and came back to the UK. I would go through my old passport if I still had it. However, my previous two passports got lost in transit from the Home Office to my residence when I applied for Tier 2 last year. The Royal Mail declared them missing at a later date.

My question is twofold. First, will my absence from the UK relating to my studies be considered to be a break in continuous residence?
Second, how should I fill in the section D3 if I don't remember exact dates I left the UK and came back? I imagine many of us don't remember all the trips made in last 10 years especially if you travel a lot for work or you have friends and family abroad which is the case for many of us here.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Just wanted to comment quickly.
I personally know two people who have been over limit (one was 1200 days outside UK) who have got ILR. One of them also had a break in continuance.

The advice from the solicitor was that I can apply as I do have reasons for absences and the overstay however it is a very low chance that i will be granted ILR. It depends on discretion of the officer. They can sometimes overlook minor issues.

members

Re: PLZ quick advise needed

Post by members » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
MALIK_KHAN wrote:hi Damanisshallo
1. how many docuemtns i should attach with my wife's FLR(M) application as other than her english test certificate, marriage certifi & financial proofs i dont have to send 6 proof of address as i dont have them.

You've mentioned its for your wife. In such case you don't have to submit 6 separate documents (It is for living in partners)

• 2.2 - NO
    2.3 - Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

3 we have one kid uk born and other non UK so what shall i do where can i filled details about them on application as section 4 bit confusing as it say 4.3 is yes then you give details below but section 4.3 is bit confusing can you plz elaborate this plz

If you can provide your status, I can comment more appropriately about your UK-Born child.
  • 4.1 - Yes
    4.2 - No (Assuming you & your wife together have only these two children)
    4.3 - No (Assuming you & your wife together have only these two children)

4. is it ok if i make payments by debit card so shall i do banker draft as more secure just to be on safe side of anything goes wrong on debit card payment.

You can do so, but my suggestion is why to waste extra bucks & I have an impression that you can make cash payment as well at PEO. However, if you are posting your application then you can always use your personal cheque. The only instance when this payment fails is if you do not have enough funds available in your account.

Thanks in advance

Please Note: You haven't mention what status you are on. If you are on ILR then you might've a completely different scenario. Please let me know if this is the case n I shall tell you even better option.
Addition:
I learnt that you are aiming to apply for SET(LR) this month. In such case the above suggestion should stand apart from skipping your UK-Born child. You can register him when you get your decision. Do not mention his details in your wife's FLR(M) Form as he is not under immigration control (Note: he was born here). See if this Covering letter would do any good to you.
Dear Damanisshallo,

I am sure what you have advised above (marked in red) is right as you are talking from experience. But I am a bit confused, and at the same time concerned being a potential applicant, as to the inherent meaning of section 2.2 and 2.3 of FLR(M).

The categories, asked by section 2.2, deal with a scenario where the main applicant/sponsor is present and settled in the UK: there are no options for a PBS dependant's leave to enter/remain. Will it, still, be okay to answer NO in section 2.2 specially when the main applicant/sponsor has yet to be granted settlement?

There are other sections in the FLR(M) with similar uncertainties. Section 6.9, for example, asks whether the applicant has lived with the sponsor since the last granted leave as a partner. Although the applicant could be filing the FLR(M) for the first time, she has been living with her husband since 2010. Based on this, she will have to tick yes to section 6.9.

Is it because of the paragraph above, any partner, who was granted leave as a partner of either a settled person or of a migrant, will be ticking no to section 2.2?

Thanks in advance, and let me reiterate my position here: I just wanted to clear my confusions but NOT to say that you could possibly be wrong.