ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP visa until date different for dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

BRP visa until date different for dependent

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 am

Hi All,

I recently got my T1G ext visa (+2 dep) and received our BRP card yesterday. I have a few questions.

Initial T1G visa - valid until 09-Jun-2011
1st ext (PEO) - valid until 09-Jun-2013
2nd ext (post) - valid until 19-Jun-2015
Should I have got a 2 year or a 3 year visa on my 2nd ext? My friend with a similar case got a 3 year visa? If someone can point me to the rule then I can then write to the UKBA.

2. My (primary T1G) visa and childs visa is valid until 19-June-2015
But my spouse visa is valid until 16-June-2015.
I presume this is an error. But please kindly confirm. Every single day is important for me as I do not become eligible for an ILR until 10-June-2015.

Thanks.
H

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi,

It appears there is an error, as it should be 3 years.

Just to confirm, what was your previous visa status if any before switching into Tier 1 General or did you arrive on a Tier 1 General?

In regards to your second question, your spouse's expiry date should mirror your own, so it seems like there are potentially two errors you need to address
Regards

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm

I wrote to the case worker asking them to correct my dependants valid until date to mirror mine. The case worker sent me an email asking me to send the BRP card. Its been a month sine I have sent it and there has been no update.

I have written to both BRPerror and BRPdelivery teams and they say I should contact the case worker directly. When I email the case worker I get no reply. I am a bit frust with the service. There seems to be no SLA. Not sure how long I should wait.

I am now planning to send out another letter asking them to extend the visa for another year.

-H

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by xs2ahmed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm

hussainkothari wrote:I wrote to the case worker asking them to correct my dependants valid until date to mirror mine. The case worker sent me an email asking me to send the BRP card. Its been a month sine I have sent it and there has been no update.

I have written to both BRPerror and BRPdelivery teams and they say I should contact the case worker directly. When I email the case worker I get no reply. I am a bit frust with the service. There seems to be no SLA. Not sure how long I should wait.

I am now planning to send out another letter asking them to extend the visa for another year.

-H
Please update us when you get any reply and if they correct your visa to 3 years..

xs2ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by xs2ahmed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm

hussainkothari wrote:I wrote to the case worker asking them to correct my dependants valid until date to mirror mine. The case worker sent me an email asking me to send the BRP card. Its been a month sine I have sent it and there has been no update.

-H
Please update us when you get any reply and if they correct your visa to 3 years..

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Update: My spouse visa valid until date was fixed and mirrored to mine.

I then wrote to the case worker again saying that 'the period of my visa extension has been inconsistent with section 245CB' (thanks to vinny).

The case worker acknowledge that there was an administrative error and that I should have got a 3 year visa. He asked me to submit my BRP cards again for correction.

Hope it helps.