ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

High Court all but struck down rule 319C(h)(i)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

High Court all but struck down rule 319C(h)(i)

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Zhang, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] EWHC 891 (Admin) (18 April 2013)

This must be very good news from those families who are on the verge of been splitted, because of this thoughtless and irrational rule.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Graceofgod

Re: High Court all but struck down rule 319C(h)(i)

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:58 am

Obie wrote: Zhang, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] EWHC 891 (Admin) (18 April 2013)

This must be very good news from those families who are on the verge of been splitted, because of this thoughtless and irrational rule.
Yes obie , this will be a very good news for all of us who have been victims of thoughtless and draconian rules of UKBA/Homeoffice.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:40 pm

The Minister of State for Immigration (Mark Harper) wrote:I am making changes to the rules for dependants in the Points Based System and other work routes, following the High Court judgment in R (on the application of Zhang) v Secretary of State for the Home Department. The changes will allow dependants to apply from within the UK, providing they are not here illegally, as visitors, or on temporary admission or temporary release. They will still need to satisfy all other existing requirements.
Implementation wrote:The other changes set out in this statement shall take effect from 1 October 2013.
Paragraph 131 is among the other changes. Therefore, the changes set out in paragraph 131 shall take effect from 1 October 2013.

Do also read the PBS Dependant Policy Guidance, Family members of points-based system migrants (319AA-319J) and Dependants of part 5 migrants (193A-199B).

Appendix C, E
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.