ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Refusal for my Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kiran234

Family Visit Visa Refusal for my Parents

Post by Kiran234 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi There,

I am kiran currently both myself and my wife work as a consultants in the UK and i am authorised to work as a Highly skilled Migrant, recently i invited my parents to visit me in the uk and bless us for our new property that we are planning to buy, the application was refused stationg that my parents agr not geniunely seeking entry to the uk and do not intend to leave at the end of their proposed stay

My father is retired and is not working / earning for the last 13 years hence he is not operating any bank accounts or he has no evidences to prove his income and savings. but to support the application both my self had provided with our financial details such as wage slips, bank statements with a invite letter and my younger brother who is unmarried and who my parents are currently depending on had provided with all his financial detaisl and my fathers property papers.

in spite of this the application was refused twice, i tried contaching the bhc in india and they simply say that they have to show some family ties in india but do not say what sort of documents or evidences they are looking for my father had attached a covering letter stating his situation and details of all his children and ther current situation in india, can some one suggest me what can be done to get them a visa in this circumstances..

your help is highly appriciated..

Regards
Krian

Tom123
Newly Registered

Post by Tom123 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 pm

DID YOU APPEAL?

Where are you applying from?
My mother in law was refused a vistor's visa from India but the decision was overturned on appeal. Although in her favour all of her family were in India except her sister in law. maybe if your father was working it would show that he had a job to go back to, bank accounts and all that stuff is good because it shows that he's got stuff going on there and maybe a life that he can't leave behind for too long. show that he has got money, a lot of money so that he is not going there to work black. (i'm not sure you can do that now though as you have already told them contadictory info) Maybe show return tickets for them and maybe you going back with them? Also maybe review the reason, you want to show them the life you have in the UK, your house and children if you have any or maybe you can't go and visit them in India because you can't get time off work or something.

Kiran234

My parents Visa Refused

Post by Kiran234 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:32 am

First of all thank you for your reply, i applied from chennai and now i have sumitted my appeal, and in the appleal letter i have clearly mentioned about my circumstances and given them all the details i could but now they are saying that it takes about 3-6 months for the appeal to be considered in the mean time i am planning to buy a property sometime next month and i would have been very happy if my parents come here and we have a small ceremony of the house, and probabaly they will be going back to india on nov 25th togather with my wife for my brothers wedding in january for which i will also be joining then int he last week of dec.

Can you tell me how long did the appeal take.. and who overturned the decision was it the ECO or the AIt Judge in the UK??

Your advice will be highly appriciated.

Regards
Kiran

Tom123 wrote:DID YOU APPEAL?

Where are you applying from?
My mother in law was refused a vistor's visa from India but the decision was overturned on appeal. Although in her favour all of her family were in India except her sister in law. maybe if your father was working it would show that he had a job to go back to, bank accounts and all that stuff is good because it shows that he's got stuff going on there and maybe a life that he can't leave behind for too long. show that he has got money, a lot of money so that he is not going there to work black. (i'm not sure you can do that now though as you have already told them contadictory info) Maybe show return tickets for them and maybe you going back with them? Also maybe review the reason, you want to show them the life you have in the UK, your house and children if you have any or maybe you can't go and visit them in India because you can't get time off work or something.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:49 am

strange, there are couple of other members also repoted this issue with chennai EC.

I've got visit visa for my parents last year this time without any issue. They don't have anyone left behind in india or income. They totally depends on me.

But your case gives me fear that i'm going to apply visit visa for them again in another 15 days

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:56 am

Nothing to worry, if they have been issued a visa before and they have left uk within the valid date they will not even look at any docs and issue a the visa straight away

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:07 am

Kiran

My mother got visa last time from BHC Delhi without interview and she returned before her visa expires but as my wife is pregnant and baby is due next month they have refused her visa . God knows if they decide cases consistently.. :cry:

Regards

GolaUk
God is Great!

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:16 am

it is unfortunate that your mother's visa got rejected what reason they have given for the refusal..

Most of the time they tend to refuse if you say that your wife is pregnant or any other reason, you should have just applied for a visit without tell ing them about your wifes pregnancy...

since you already have told them the fact i would advice you to try and take a medical certificate from your gp stating that she needs some support due to her pregnancy and reapply for the visa

Good luck and convey my best wishes to your wife and congratulations to you both...

Tom123
Newly Registered

Post by Tom123 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Kiran, the appeal was overturned by the judge, we can't remember how long it took, but it took a while.

Get a good solicitor to represent you.

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:13 am

Hi Guys,
My mother's visa was refused when applied at Chennai last week. Can anyone of you please let me know how to make an appeal?. Should i appeal here in the UK or should my mother make an appeal at chennai?. Also, I would like to know what the probablities of her getting a visa, i apply after say 3 months?.
Regards
Shameeque

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 am

Well, ok, i found out how to appeal against decision. This seems to be a good website http://www.iasuk.org/

Now, i see that an appeal is a long and tiring process. Can i just ask my mum to re-apply instead?. The main reason for rejecting her application is because, both her children, me and my sis, are settled in the UK.
But, what if I re-apply and attach a note saying that my mother has to go back to india in six months, because she is a pensioner and also let them know, that my mum's elder sis who is unmarried and aged, is dependent on my mother to take care of her. Would that help?. I am annoyed with the way they refuse a six months visa, where she honestly does not have any plans to settle. In the worst case scenario, i have wait for another 9 years, when i can apply for a settlement visa for her, when she will be 65.
Shameeque

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:45 pm

Just heard another rejection from chennai (madras) ECO. My friends mother who used to travel frequently, but this time they have refused to give visit visa.

just the same reasons stated in other posts!

Kiran234

Success

Post by Kiran234 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:28 am

Finally, I managet to get VISA for My parents after three succesive refusals... one stinker worked....

Arunk
Newly Registered

Post by Arunk » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi ,

I have the same story as KIRAN234 has, My parents Visa got refused by BHC Delhi 2 times, and I am totally upset as I had little baby 2 weeks old, Can anybody suggest me wheather I shold appeal the decesion or something else.

As My father has shown all property papers, land deeds and his bank passbooks, but he is 70years old and my mother is 60 yeras old and house wife, both of them are totally dependant on me, and I have produced the remit to india statements for remittance to support them for last 12 months.
My documens were sponsor letter, company letter,wage slips,bank statement and my prpoerty papers etc

The refusal reason was that my parents haven't declared thier income and money in thier account in not enough and they are not planing to return from UK.

As they are not earning and have no pension so how they can declare income??
As I am sponsoring them they should analyse my financial status....as there were multiple transactions of deposit and withdraw in my fathers bank account in lakhs, but balance was around 50K INR , but at the same my father had shown FD's , NSE etc ....

can anybody please advice me....