ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Tier 1 General Extension application Payment failed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

auser84
Newly Registered

Urgent: Tier 1 General Extension application Payment failed

Post by auser84 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi,

I applied for my visa extension application on 21st April 2012, and attached cheque as payment method. My visa expired on 13th May.

Today (on 22nd May) i checked my bank stmt i found that there is £1500 check transaction failed from the bank account yesteday which was from homeoffice. I called the bank immidiately and they said 3 years ago I complained about my chequebook lost. and thats why they rejected the payment (which i cant remember i made). and now they cant do anything as they have sent the cheque back.

I called homeoffice dept they said i will have to wait for the response now and nothing i can do now. the response is upto the person who is dealing the case.

If i am right, I read from other posts that people have contacted advisors and paid thru alternate payment method. Is it possible to pay alternate way or request them to send the cheque back to the bank?

Second question is, if someone ever experience such case can tell me, what would be my work visa status now as my employer is very desparate to know this. I am going to give them ukba employer support number 0300-12346699 i got from ukba.

Thanks,

helpless123
Newly Registered

Post by helpless123 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi,

I've had my payment to ukba declined by my over zealous credit card company too. The problem is, no matter how hard I pled to them (numerous phone calls and 3 faxes), our application was returned and we had to submit from scratch.

Like you, the delay meant my visa is expired when eventually returned to me. However I was advised by the immigration lawyer that as long as I re-submit quickly, with a covering letter explaining the payment glitch, UKBA will usually be okay with it even if the visa has expired. While your visa application is being considered by the UKBA, you still can legally work in UK. If I were you, I would start drafting up that letter to explain the situation.

Unfortunately UK, as a supposedly first world country, has one of the most chaotic immigration service. Patience is the only way to deal with them as I begrudgingly learnt.

Good luck.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 pm

helpless123 wrote:While your visa application is being considered by the UKBA, you still can legally work in UK.
That is true only when an in-time application has been submitted.

UKBA is okay with "out-of-time" applications because immigration rules allow out-of-time applications to be assessed just as in-time application ... but that does not translate into illegal stay becoming legal while the application is under consideration ... or providing the applicant a legal right to work in UK despite being an overstayer.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm

OP, have you received an acknowledgement letter for your application?
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 22, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:25 pm

sushdmehta, No i did not get letter yet. I just saw my online bank statement today and posted here.

Thanks guys, to make myself more clear if you have any reference from ukba or any official site please share with me. As i want to share it with my employer.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:32 pm

@helpless123, thanks for the reply. when you received the letter what was written in that. were you given chance for appeal while in UK. Did they put any days limit that how many days you have you can apply from uk?

geriatrix

Re: Urgent: Tier 1 General Extension application Payment fai

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 pm

auser84 wrote: Is it possible to pay alternate way
Yes, but for that you need find out who's dealing with your application and to get through to him to discuss how you can arrange that and where to send the papers to.
auser84 wrote: request them to send the cheque back to the bank?
That cheque is perhaps now invalid .. with the cheque numbers in the cheque book reported as lost by the bank in their systems.

As for enquiring about your right to work in the UK, your employer can call the employer checking service helpline on how to go about enquiring your status but, given that the payment has failed, it is likely that your employer be told that there is no application outstanding or that your application has been refused / returned as invalid.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:06 pm

@sushdmehta, can you guide me how to reach to the person dealing with my case?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Only UKBA can ... so call them and check. It is unlikely that your details will be on their system yet ...... but you have nothing to lose .... so try.

auser84
Newly Registered

still no response

Post by auser84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:15 am

hi,

after contacting ukba support (as they said in case you can send another cheque with cover letter) i sent another cheque with cover letter next day But i did not receive any kind of response from them. and no bank transaction.. nothing

i just saw another form on ukba site "change of circumstances form", should i send it by mentioning change of payment method?

Please reply asap. If it is possible, i cant believe how late i have found this form?

Thanks,

auser84
Newly Registered

change of circumstances

Post by auser84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:55 am

Please let me know should i avoid this or should i go for change of circumstances form? I am planning to do it after 2 hours.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 am

I am also paying by two cheques for me and my dependant.

I will submit application before 14 June 2012 due to increase of maintenance fund.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Just sent change of circumstances form (with option selected other and before decision) along another cheque. let's see how it goes.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:23 pm

esmsi wrote:I am also paying by two cheques for me and my dependant.

I will submit application before 14 June 2012 due to increase of maintenance fund.
You generally don't need two cheques. When applying together, you can submit a single cheque for both main applicant and dependant.
Give me more Karma (+)

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:20 pm

I am also paying by two cheques for me and my dependant.

For by post application,can I make a single cheque /[banks draft at 20 pound extra] is fine?

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:47 pm

you can, but make sure you ask your bank to confirm your cheque ... that if it arrives it will be cleared and will be paid to homeoffice. ask them to confirm your signature and the way you wrote the cheque is correct and there is no block on the chequebook.

and put double amount on your bank account so that cheuqe does not bounce.

This is the most crucial thing which can make your application worst.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 pm

As you know, after my payment was declined by bank on 21st May, next day, I sent them a letter with another cheque.

Today my bank received that cheque from HomeOffice and transaction has been made successful.

Unfortunately, yesterday i sent them "Change of Circumstances form" for alternate payment and description because i did not receive any response from them since my last letter. I am sure this will be creating some confusion at their end... Change of Circumstances was unnecessary because they considered my last letter.

So Hurray!!! hope this help to anyone who faced same issue.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Just to update, i received acknowledgment letter 2 days after payment was made successful. also recieved application reference number and also letter for biometric. i did biometric next day in nearest postoffice.

also they sent me change of circumstances form back because it was not required anymore as my last sent cheque got cleared.

could any one please tell me how to track my application based on reference number i received. i googled but only found links to track application submitted from outside country.

and thanks a lot for help.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 pm

You cannot track leave to remain applications.

Applytier1
Newly Registered

Cheque not cleared

Post by Applytier1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I applied to tier general 1 application, and paid the money with cheque for myself & mywife , the payment for my application is cleared unfortunately my wife payment is not cleared and cheque with her application is also not produced in the bank, i checked with the bank also they confirmed they did not recive any cheque for 750 pounds. i recived the application confirmation by acknowledgement letter but awaiting BRP.

i don't know what is the stauts of my wife application, is there any way i can

Applytier1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Payement problem

Post by Applytier1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

I applied to tier general 1 application, and paid the money with cheque for myself & mywife , the payment for my application is cleared unfortunately my wife payment is not cleared and cheque with her application is also not produced in the bank, i checked with the bank also they confirmed they did not recive any cheque for 750 pounds. i recived the application confirmation by acknowledgement letter but awaiting BRP.

i don't know what is the stauts of my wife application, is there any way i can check.

or should i send them one more cheque with a covering letter.

auser84
Newly Registered

Post by auser84 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 pm

sushdmehta it's tier 1 extension visa.

Applytier1, i would suggest, you must send another cheque as soon as possible with brief and explanatory cover letter about the issue and why this happened. in your case, you can state that you think may be cheque is missing or returned/declined so find another cheque along in case previous one failed.

also add your wife's name and dob on back of the cheque (the same way you sent the first one) and all your and your wife's personal details in the cover letter so that they can associate your letter and cheque with your application.

i think they have accepted your application, so they wont send you your application back. but just in case, to avoid any bigger issue i think send alternate cheque asap on next day special delivery. i hope this helps

thanks,

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm

auser84 wrote:sushdmehta it's tier 1 extension visa.
Visa cannot be applied for from within the UK. From within UK, one can only apply for resident permit through a leave to remain application.

"Extension" application is a "leave to remain" application.

Farooqislam
Newly Registered

Auser84

Post by Farooqislam » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi auser84..I like to know that did u send the cheque and covering letter to Sheffield or Durham ..I have same situation with my card lost and I send new card details with covering letter to Durham where I send my application pack ..did I done the right thing

humvax.varun
Newly Registered

baby dependent visa

Post by humvax.varun » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 am

hi,

my credit cards payments were declined by ukba and its been 3 weeks that i have not heard back from them. Do you think i should send postal orders to them with cover letter. if yes to what address i should send it to..is it the same i sent my application to or to the sheffiled address where people send change of circumstances form . i undrestand i do not need to send the change of circumstances form though.

or should i just wait response from ukba...? my wifes and baby's visa is already expired..please help

Please could you please help me. I applied for my wife and kids visa.
varun