ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t1seeker

UK Passport application

Post by t1seeker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:17 am

Hello

Can someone please help me with this question. I gained British citizenship through 5yr T1 + 1yr ILR + naturalisation (form AN).

My question is do I still need to supply my parents & grandparents details in the passport application form.

Many thanks

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am

The section about the grandparents is not required if you obtained BC by naturalisation (see page 14 of the guidance notes).

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 184487.pdf

t1seeker

Passport interview - Maximum time allowed to book/attend

Post by t1seeker » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi all

Can anyone please tell me is there a maximum time frame after receiving the interview letter within which I am required to book / attend the interview.

The letter does not say anything specific that but does say "if you do not book an interview, we may withdraw your application retaining the fee."

Thanks in advance
G

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 pm

You will have to be provide a reason for delay, no time frame given.

Changing your booking and missing your interview
If you cannot get to your interview, please tell us as soon as possible by phoning the number shown on your letter. If you miss a booked interview without giving us at least 24 hours’ notice, we may withdraw your application. You will then have to apply again by filling in a new application form and sending it with new countersigned photographs. If you cancel your interview on the day of your appointment, you will not be able to book another interview until at least 24 hours afterwards.

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 pm

I was asking the same question and called IPS advice. The guy on the phone was laughing when he first took the call, not a very serious office I guess; fair enough. After I asked my question, he told I do not need to fill in grandparents' details as I am applying after naturalisation as British citizen.

I still believe the guidance is confusing, the table on page 14 is for the documents to be sent, not for the information you need to fill in. About filling in the information, two conditions are mentioned and for most of us both will be true which means they are asking us to fill in the information.

However, from the general overview, it is somewhat obvious that this information is not required for naturalised citizens.

If it was only the guidance, we would need to fill in the information but not send any supporting documents. But considering the above phone conversation and common sense, I think it is not required to include this information.