ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation as british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi. my question is I enter uk in june 2009 on 27 months settlement visa on spouce base. then got indefinite live to remain in august 2011. After getting ilr i went for holiday on 16 february 2012 and came back on 3 july 2012. Now i want to apply for naturalisation but in last year i was on holiday for more then 90 days. So do i have to wait for 1 year and apply after 3 july 2013.  

Or can u say me if i can apply before 3 july 2013 for naturalisation.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 pm

See Q1 & Q3 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Are you married to a British citizen? If you are, then you can probably apply around 4 April 2013 as it would mean that in the last year (04/04/2012-04/04/2013) you have only been absent less than 90 days. This assumes that you have been physically present in the UK in April 2010.

If you are not married to British citizen, you can apply in June 2014.

In both cases, you will also need to meet the other requirements (see links in the FAQ).

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi jumbo. Thanks for your reply. And yes i am married to british citizen. so now i get it i can apply on 4 april 2013.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Jumbo thankyou so much for ur help. i really appreciate.

raheelmulla

British citizen

Post by raheelmulla » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 am

Hi.i have laminated my marriage certificate and life in uk test certificate. so do they will except the laminated document when i apply for naturalisation. as i am going to apply through NCS. thankyou. hope u reply soon.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:08 am

raheelmulla wrote:Hi Can I apply for UK naturalisation if my name is on LOC (look out circular) at all india international airport. As if I travel to indian then my passport will be impounded as my name is on LOC. Does UKBA check with indian ambassy about criminal record.
If so then With whom does UKBA agency check criminal record when you apply for naturalisation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:18 am

raheelmulla wrote:Hi I am filling naturalisation form AN and it ask me to tick the relavant box for KOL which ever is applied to my dad and my dad is over 65 ages.

Knowledge of language / life in the UK
1.22 Show how you intend to satisfy the requirements to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK, see
page 10-15 in the accompanying Booklet AN.
􏰀 I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement
􏰀 I have successfully completed an approved ESOL with citizenship course and attach my certificate and confirmation letter from the college.
􏰀 I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation. The test number is
􏰀 I wish to claim exemption (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide
grounds on page 13. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

So from above 4 option do I have to tick option 4 and if yes what should I write on page 13.

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:19 am

If the application is your Dad's, then isn't it obvious?
raheelmulla wrote:my dad is over 65 ages.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:38 am

K but do i have to write something on page 13 or ijust tick option 4 only.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 am

If his age is over 65, then tick option 4 and put "age over 65" on page 13!

Consider using the NCS.

vinny

Naturalisation as british citizen for family member of EAA

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 am

raheelmulla wrote:Hi,
My question is i am filing form of my son for registration as a british citizen. Now as I m Portugal nationality and my family enter UK in 2003. Then we all apply for ilr after 5 years and was granted. As I have fill form for me and wife for naturalisation.

So just want to confirm whether I am filling right form, detail and document.

1) is form MN1 correct.

2) 1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details. ( what is the answer of this as he was not born here but he has indefinite sticker in passport)

3) document to send :
Evidence of identity
• Child’s passport or travel document OR
• Child’s birth certificate OR
• Driving licence OR
• Bank, building society or credit card statement issued to them in the last 6 months

FOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE UK
• Child’s full birth certificate AND
• Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports
AND
• Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
Please note - only include children who are not already British
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
as a deed, will or court order. (Is this correct)

4) and do I have to fill payment slip separately for me, my wife and son.

Thank you in advance.
Jambo wrote:Have you read the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - children.
raheelmulla wrote:Thank you jambo

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 am

raheelmulla wrote:Hi my young brother enter United Kingdom on april 2003 as a EEA FAMILY NATIONAL. Then my all family member apply for PR conformation included my younger brother and it was issue on September 2009 as sticker on passport.

Now my question is I am filling form registration of child as british citizen for my younger brother as he is 17 year old.

As I am confuse for this question below as I have fill answer as SECTION 3(1) . So please can any guru confirm this answer for me.

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.

Thank you very much for your help as jumbo and amber seem to be very helpful on this form. Really appreciate for there hard work.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 am

Correct, if applicant was born outside the UK to non-British parents.
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 am

raheelmulla wrote:Hi my young brother enter United Kingdom on april 2003 as a EEA FAMILY NATIONAL. Then my all family member apply for PR conformation included my younger brother and it was issue on September 2009 as sticker on passport.

Now my question is I am filling form registration of child as british citizen for my younger brother as he is 17 year old.

As I am confuse for this question below as I have fill answer as SECTION 3(1) . So please can any guru confirm this answer for me.

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.

Thank you very much for your help as jumbo and amber seem to be very helpful on this form. Really appreciate for there hard work.
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:Correct, if applicant was born outside the UK to non-British parents.
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 pm

I have done mistake while filling naturalisation form on section previous name can I use tippex ( correction fluid) to correct my mistake.

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:19 am

Better not.

Better still:
vinny wrote:Try pdf-xchange viewer (free version).

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 am

raheelmulla wrote:Hi as I am filling naturalisation form AN

now my question is the place of birth on passport is INDIA which is my country name but according to birth certificate the place of birth is DAMAN.

As I have fill PLACE OF BIRTH - DAMAN

But according to GUIDE AN IT AS THIS:

1.11 – 1.13 Enter your date of birth, the village or town or city where you were born, and the country where you were born. Please take care over these entries as they will appear on your certificate of naturalisation. If they are different from the details shown in your passport/birth certificate you should explain why on page 13 of the application form. N.B. Place and country of birth names shown on the certificate will be names in current acceptable use (and will be in English where an English version exists).

So can any guru say me what should I do.
barnaby wrote:
raheelmulla wrote:Hi as I am filling naturalisation form AN

now my question is the place of birth on passport is INDIA which is my country name but according to birth certificate the place of birth is DAMAN.

As I have fill PLACE OF BIRTH - DAMAN

But according to GUIDE AN IT AS THIS:

1.11 – 1.13 Enter your date of birth, the village or town or city where you were born, and the country where you were born. Please take care over these entries as they will appear on your certificate of naturalisation. If they are different from the details shown in your passport/birth certificate you should explain why on page 13 of the application form. N.B. Place and country of birth names shown on the certificate will be names in current acceptable use (and will be in English where an English version exists).

So can any guru say me what should I do.
What's the problem? If Daman is a city in India, just write "Daman, India".
raheelmulla wrote:So do i have to send birth certificate as a proof of place of birth. And if so what do i write on page 13.

Thankyou for ur help.
vinny wrote:
raheelmulla wrote:Hi as I am filling naturalisation form AN now my question is the place of birth on passport is INDIA which is my country name but according to birth certificate the place of birth is DAMAN. 
As I have fill PLACE OF BIRTH - DAMAN 
But according to GUIDE AN IT AS THIS: 1.11 – 1.13 Enter your date of birth, the village or town or city where you were born, and the country where you were born. Please take care over these entries as they will appear on your certificate of naturalisation. If they are different from the details shown in your passport/birth certificate you should explain why on page 13 of the application form. N.B. Place and country of birth names shown on the certificate will be names in current acceptable use (and will be in English where an English version exists).
 So can any guru say me what should I do.Back to top  
vinny wrote:Why start another thread with the same topic/questions again and again?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:13 am

barnaby wrote: What's the problem? If Daman is a city in India, just write "Daman, India".
If Daman is a city in India, then explain on page 13 that Daman is a city in India.

Please note Multiple Posts will be locked/ deleted.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 am

Hi vinny,
So shall I send birth certificate as well or just explain that DAMAN IS A CITY IN INDIA ON PAGE 13

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:12 am

If you have it, then you may as well send a certified copy.