ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nyamekye

Do I need a visa?

Post by nyamekye » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am

Could someone tell me if I need a visa to go
Ireland. I've got an Indefinite leave to Remain
In the UK and I'm married to a British citizen.

Malika

Re: Do I need a visa?

Post by Malika » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 pm

nyamekye wrote:Could someone tell me if I need a visa to go
Ireland. I've got an Indefinite leave to Remain
In the UK and I'm married to a British citizen.
Are you a visa - required National?

My advice would be to contact the Irish embassy then they would advice you on what to do. You might need a Visa but the fees will be waived.

In circumstances where an individual is in anyway uncertain as to whether or not they are exempt from a visa requirement, then it remains open to such an individual to apply for a visa. Such an application from a family member of an EU Citizen will continue to be dealt with in an accelerated fashion. Whether or not a visa should be applied for is a matter of choice for the individual themselves.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen

As to the Indefinite Leave to remain, that proves that you are legally-resident in UK.

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA