ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Citizenship Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skt1977

Child Citizenship Questions

Post by skt1977 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Can someone confirm - If the child's citizenship application is being sent along with Father, and both are applying for British citizenship based on ILR, it should fall under Section 3(1) of the nationality act.

Do we need to the Birth certificate for this application ?

Would the payment for the child's application need a separate payment slip and a separate transaction or the whole payment can be made through one single payment.

regards
SKT

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 am

If child was born in the UK (prior to parent(s) being granted ILR), then child's application will be under section 1(3).

If child was born outside the UK, then child's application will be under section 3(1).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saadiyya
Newly Registered

Post by saadiyya » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm

vinny wrote:If child was born in the UK (prior to parent(s) being granted ILR), then child's application will be under section 1(3).

If child was born outside the UK, then child's application will be under section 3(1).

HI .CAN U PLZ TELL ME WOT IS THE FEE OF BRITISH PASSPORT AND REACENTLY WE GOT THE ILR AUR CHILDEREN BORN HERE TEY R 4 AND 6 SO CAN WE APPLY FOR THEIR BRITISH PASSPORTS AND WOT WILL THE FEE???

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Please don't shout !

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:11 am

saadiyya wrote:Hello me and my husband got the ILR last year now we want to apply for britidh passports ee have 2 kids 7 and 5 rt hey born in uk.can anybody tell me wot we need to do to get british passport and how much the fee is??
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:14 am

If the children are British or have been granted British citizenship, then see also How do I apply for a British passport?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Note that your UK-born children are not automatically British, if they were born before either parents had ILR. Registration required first.